What's new

What did you do to your yota today?

Swapped all the 21 spline stuff out for 23 spline to match my r151. Upgraded the rear reduction housing also.Trying to have a much done before I swap in the RZ
20230806_184203.jpg
20230806_184148.jpg
20230806_184209.jpg

Installed the repaired radiator back into the sluggy and also installed a new fan.

20230806_184421.jpg

20230815_142658.jpg
20230815_142654.jpg

Installed a set of Victory molle panels, gonna move some stuff out of my crate.
Fite extinguisher, soft shackles, first aid kit, some grab bags for other misc shit.
Basically moving shit out of a crate.

I'm also going to tint the.back two windows solid black, I never use them anyways.

Boss ordered a 2023 gx460… and hated it. Ended up buying a 21 in gray/red. It’s awesome. Love the truck.

But Lexus didn’t offer CarPlay until 22/23. Ordered a CarPlay adapter from BeatSonic. great solution that utilizes stock radio and Nav. Not inexpensive…

Had a question about our install tonight. Emailed about 6:00 stating I didn’t expect a response and just had a question - which likely was user error.

Responded in < 60 minutes with a ton of detail. Huge credit to them for a cool solution and amazing Customer Service. Boss is happy…

Had been daily driving my 4runner up the mountain. Started getting hot on a monday. Kinda killed my mood knowing it was time for a water pump apparently. Since there was some drips.

My own fault for putting it off. So I took it to the dealer, got a loaner. Then sold a kidney and my left nut when it was time to pick it up.

Since my favorite local mechanic retired. And I haven't found a new one.

But now I have a lovely new fan, belts, thermostat, water pump, etc. And had poly steering rack bushings put in since mine were apparently partially missing🙄, that explains the slop😂🤦‍♀.

Fix the leaking inner bead on the left front tire. Replaced the crapped out front passenger side window switch. Looked all over to figure out what the knocking noise it that sounds exactly like broken top hats. All I could find were loose front body mounts. Gonna track some new bushing down and get those done to eliminate that.

Had to plug in a charger, hunting a drain in the dome light circuit...:mad3:

Link? I want one for the supercharged xtracab

Chicom Amazon basic can.

I didn't go to a lot of thought mounting it. I found a threaded bolt hole on the fender, and a spare bolt in the bin. I did have to drill out the mount on the can, and the hose that came with it was not long enough.

I probably spent more on 3/8" fuel line than I did on the can.

It does clear the hood, even though it didn't look like it.

Welp, I finally got motivated to change out front brake pads. As I thought for many years now, it turned into a big ol’ bag of dicks. The pistons would not collapse, even with a bigger c clamp and a cheater pipe, rounded off the flare nut to remove the calipers, used pliers to get it off there, o’really’s did not have the right nuts to replace it with, they did have the calipers though. I ordered some new hard lines from JEGS, and new flex lines from FROR. I also bought a set of metric flare wrenches.

So the new pads cost a little over $200. :homer:
At least I will not have to double pump for the brakes to grab. 🇺🇸

Clay barred the doublecab today.

I knew the paint job was horrible…. But now it’s just embarrassing.

Started thinking about stripping it down to metal….

Then realized that it looks fine 20’ away….

Top Back Refresh