What's new

What did you do to your GM today?

Ordered 4row aluminum radiator with fans blah blah blah....

And stand alone diesel heater. Remote start blah blah ...

. I'm tired older and getting old.... also hurt entirely too much not too just hop into a warm atleast inside the vehicle warmth.. .:smokin: A few other small bits as well for other project on Suburban .

Back in october i dropped 13 wheels off at my machine shoo in sacramento to have the lug holes bored out to fit modern easily available shank lug diams. Told him no rush as idk when ill be back to get them.

11 16.5 x10 old slot mags and 4 centerline looking solid centers.

Wound up with wed off with no notice till i started my shift on tuesday, fuckit, im gona go get my wheels.

Woke up 12n tues, off shift at 3am wed morn, hit the road, in sac by 730am, scramble for more parts wants and needs from my sac suppliers and couldnt come up with anything, headed home @ 8a, back in weaverville for shit lunch by 2p, got home by 4p and made dinner, out about 9pm.

It sure is nice up here but distances, parts, and night shift sure make it hard to get shit done.

Finally got to the junkyard to grab me a 2wd box for my crossover steering. Naturally, both squarebody trucks in the yard already have the box pirated. So got one out of a van instead. Seems like the vans are the same exact box just rotated forward 90* . Fluid ports appear to be in the same spot, sector shaft looks right, and the bolt pattern lines up with my frame. Hope it works.

Didn't make enough progress on the engine this weekend to justify a thread update, but I have both heads cleaned and assembled after paint, and one head is in permanent place and torqued down. Hope to get the engine finished this weekend. If I can do that and mate it to the trans and tcase, and swing it all into the frame by Sunday, I'll be a real happy camper.:dustin:

Dmaxstore.com UCA. Great quality, well packaged, easy install

20230315_180308.jpg
20230316_171848.jpg

1C018562-DDD3-4652-BAC5-4DDE8E449117.jpeg
we aren’t supposed to do ifs stuff here*

They’ll fix all your ifs woes:flipoff2:

*excluding bad ass desert go fast stuff
Agreed, when are you buying it for me :flipoff2:

Nice, I had kryptonite arms on my 2010 HD. They were a big improvement over stock. I would probably have them on my 1500 now, but ended up with dirt king arms instead.
I thought about getting that but didn't plan on lifting front at all. Why dirt king over kryptonite though? Happy with it?

Agreed, when are you buying it for me :flipoff2:

I thought about getting that but didn't plan on lifting front at all. Why dirt king over kryptonite though? Happy with it?
They weren’t making them at the time for a 1500. Still might not be, I haven’t looked in close to two years. I’m happy with the dirt kings. My stock ball joints were junk and popping before 40k miles. I’m pretty hard on my truck during my busy time of year and the dirt king arms seem to be holding up well.

They weren’t making them at the time for a 1500. Still might not be, I haven’t looked in close to two years. I’m happy with the dirt kings. My stock ball joints were junk and popping before 40k miles. I’m pretty hard on my truck during my busy time of year and the dirt king arms seem to be holding up well.
What's the reason for the upgrade from stock? How much of a performance difference do you notice? Or is it because you have a lift kit?

What's the reason for the upgrade from stock? How much of a performance difference do you notice? Or is it because you have a lift kit?
On the my current 1500 I have replacement struts and springs. The stock a-arms are a weak point, even on a stock height truck. Change the height any, and the geometry gets wonky and the ball joints are prone to breaking. Upgrade arms address that issue, and give allow for a little more down travel.

On the my current 1500 I have replacement struts and springs. The stock a-arms are a weak point, even on a stock height truck. Change the height any, and the geometry gets wonky and the ball joints are prone to breaking. Upgrade arms address that issue, and give allow for a little more down travel.
Interesting, makes sense for your current application. If I were to upgrade on 2001 Duramax, what would be the reason for upgrade/or what should I expect to achieve?

Interesting, makes sense for your current application. If I were to upgrade on 2001 Duramax, what would be the reason for upgrade/or what should I expect to achieve?
Stock application, I’m not sure if there would be a benefit. Maybe beefier ball joints vs. the factory, but if yours have lasted 22 years, why change it?

Since when did 5 lug truck rally’s increase in price? Seems everyone is asking higher than giraffe vag for them

Ordered.. any input as far as specialized tools for job at and w be greatly appreciated as far as do I need it or not.. can something else work in its place ?. Screenshot_20230407_180028_Gallery.jpg

Swapped radiator on 84 K30. Had the copper/brass one "repaired" for leaking at the flange where the tank joins core. Started leaking within days of repair. Put a plastic/alum in. I am going to attempt repair myself.

Some poser shots of the sas’d GMC all twisted up. How much frame flex is too much frame flex, this is my first fullsize ”wheeler”. Also, can I cut the crosspins out of the leaf spring keepers(?) to allow the rear springs to drop out more?
B8FC0CCE-29CE-4DB4-B290-AD8CCB7F1363.jpeg
530219C0-73BB-454B-876C-73137DA639D3.jpeg
A73ABD9D-F938-44BB-821B-1DE106969F31.jpeg
4D4820D6-C716-4F34-AE85-1F8321D56E9B.jpeg

Top Back Refresh