What's new

WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR FORD TODAY?

I drove it today :lmao:
picked up a load of parts
Yesterday I installed some LED lights in the headboard for lighting up the rear

Decided not to rebuild/reseal the 289. Seals were all hard, questionable freeze plug, don’t feel like taking the gamble.

Gonna ask my buddy at beach city broncos if he has a 302 for sale or buy a remanufactured roller 5.0 from sandjengines.com

07F1AA26-A762-451D-A7C0-1EBBFBB5A887.jpeg
Hmm, whats up with whitey hiding in the background, is that your avatar truck?

Yeah, 78 f150 4x4, 400/c6, once I get the Bronco running and out of the driveway I can move on with the super duty axle swap on the F150.
My first truck was a 78, with the 351M. I liked it but the gearing sucked off-road.

I have a 78-79 Bronco on my wish list.

My first truck was a 78, with the 351M. I liked it but the gearing sucked off-road.

I have a 78-79 Bronco on my wish list.
The NorthwestFab doubler is on my list to deal with the crappy NP205 gearing. An Atlas was my original plan but I think with the C6 I’m going to go with higher gearing than normal to keep highway RPMs low, so having some ultra low and conventional gearing options for wheeling will be nice with the doubler.

The NorthwestFab doubler is on my list to deal with the crappy NP205 gearing. An Atlas was my original plan but I think with the C6 I’m going to go with higher gearing than normal to keep highway RPMs low, so having some ultra low and conventional gearing options for wheeling will be nice with the doubler.

Why not a 4 speed Atlas then?

This weekend I put in a new water pump, thermostat, tensioner and belts in my ecoboost. Now the cooling fan runs on HIGH any time the inside fan is activated. It is LOUD. A quick trouble shooting lead me to determine my DS electric fan is dead. Plus the AC compressor has a little squeak in it when the clutch is engaged. I also worked on the one mentioned in CC that is awaiting a reman PCM. At this point I am considering hitting it with my checkbook so I can do other things. I need a shop with a lift.

Finally ordered these last night: Universal, '05+ Ford Super Duty Radius Arm Links | '05 + Ford Super Duty Axle Links | WFOConcepts.com

Then this morning my main client informed me they included an end-of-year bonus which will go right into paying that off :smokin:

Not planning on starting the 1-ton swap until end of next year as I still have to buy new wheels and tires (37's for now), brake calipers/rotors/hoses/make new lines for both axles (when you buy them from LKQ they remove all that shit or kink the lines, I'm guessing for liability reasons). Should have money leftover from my tax account/tax refund and purchase that stuff early 2022.

While all of that falls into place I have to get the gf's Bronco running and out of my driveway to make room. Needs a full mechanical restore but she's funding that for the most part.

Today I swapped in a new TXV and cooling fans. Much better now.

Woke up the grumpy old truck from its 3 month sleep. 6-8 inches of snow on it and below freezing for a week now. Figured its time.

Went thru 2 batteries trying to get it fired. Playing with the carb making sure its getting gas and I noticed the accelerator pump arm is laying on the intake. Of course, but not the screw that holds it on. SMH. Got it put back on. Hooked up a 2nd battery and she fired up. Man I love the song of an FE in an otherwise quiet neighborhood. Hehehehe.

Does it have a vacuum leak with the intake rough like that?
I should have heeded your advice more seriously. Finally got the EGR stuff working as designed but ended up with a bit of a vacuum leak. Gauge was bouncing 14-15hg more erratically than before. Spray with carb cleaner every where seemed to be from the base of the carb/EGR spacer.

Today I pulled the carb and spacer, block sanded it, and then it was real obvious how pitted it was so I spread some JB weld over the surface and took a wide razor blade across so it was just filling pits/scratches etc.

It’s been cold (for California) so I’m going to give it more than the specified 24 hours to cure.

I need to get this truck good and ready so I can drive it down to San Diego and trade the Bronco’s tires 289 for a running one from my buddy. I think gone are the days that we pick up 60-70’s vehicles, freshen them up a bit and drive them as-is.

You can set the caster with those, correct?

Were they shipped already welded?
Caster is adjustable, looks to be about 2-1/2" of thread on the heim-joints.

I've been planning this for awhile so I saved up and paid extra to have the clevis ends welded cause I didn't want to dick around with getting everything lined up (looking at it, I'm glad I did). The top bar attachment points are just laying there in the picture. I also got the Metacloak Duroflex joints for the frame-end.

I think I'll call WFO when the time comes to see how they do it but I guess the best approach for me to set them up will be:

1. bolt the lower arm to the axle
2. determine location and weld the frame-mounts on
3. bolt lower arm to frame mounts.
4. line the axle up/center everything
5. bolt top arm to the axle
6. line that up/mock it up on the lower arm and weld those tabs on and I'm done.

I started it up this morning (13 degrees F) and let it run for 20 minutes. It hasn't been touched in two weeks.

I have the 2150 carb off to clean up the surface of the intake and letting the JB weld cure so I ordered this fuel bowl kit: Autolite Motorcraft 2100/2150 Carburetor Fuel Bowl Kit

Ordered some cleaner carb-studs on Amazon (local parts stores are just about only good for recycling oil anymore) so I should have this thing buttoned back up this weekend and hopefully that vacuum leak is gone.

Debating if I want to drop a new distributor in it or not.. when we installed the oil-pump and pan we forgot to put the clip on the oil-pump driveshaft.. it was a bitch to drop it in there and get it to engage (the secret was long-neck surgical forceps, telescoping magnet, and jack the truck up so it was as level as we could get it.. then it dropped right in) so I'm weary of doing this until I'm willing to open up the oil pan too.

Anybody ever put 2004-2006 super duty or excursion seats in an OBS? I see how they are mounted but trying to figure out some of the wiring.

Whoa, how?
Since I just spent an hour building a wire set, hopefully shorted wires. It wouldn't start after being pressure washed. I dried out the coil, it got spark and was apparently flooded.
20220110_144044.jpg
20220110_144018.jpg

Cap
Rotor
Plugs
Wires...

Top Back Refresh