What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

You ever get to a point where you say, I just don't feel like tearing it apart to change stuff? That's me.
5 speed swap and inner c turn, I just don't wanna.

You ever get to a point where you say, I just don't feel like tearing it apart to change stuff? That's me.
5 speed swap and inner c turn, I just don't wanna.
Yes. Pulled the heads, intake, water pump, timing set off of a 289 in the 67 Bronco.. decided fuck that, gonna just find a running 302 or get spend the $ for a reman 5.0 for an explorer.

It seems like a lot more work, time, and more money than I want to spend buttoning up an old 289.

Yeah. 44/18.50/15. They’ve seen better days. Half tread Atleast but a lot of dry rot. Only hold air a couple days. I’ve got a set of 38.5/13.50/16.5 boggers that I need to put on it.
I had those same tires on a chevy in '15 ish. They were in about the same condition as yours but they held air all 3 psi of it lol.

Yesterday I was able to get my shifters disconnected. Today I got the doubler out hopefully tomorrow the transmission.

Anybody need a c6?

Attachments

• 5D462925-CD7F-4E26-AACF-A1174AE555DD.jpeg
    5D462925-CD7F-4E26-AACF-A1174AE555DD.jpeg
    969.1 KB · Views: 19
Yes, came of a 351w. includes everything to make it go. TC, flex plate, starter, B&M shifter. Derale cooler with fan Thinking $600?

Last edited:
Took it for a spin to a friends deer camp. I unplugged the vvt solenoids and thought it was not as loud and seemed to run all right. Got to camp and the bitch stalled as if the solenoids were still plugged in. I plugged them back in and re set the codes, drove it home and parked it. Looks like a timing set is in my future. :shaking:

Today I did some work on the dump bed. Got the cylinder mounted, cross channels in and the sides on along with the stake pockets. I was going to do the rub rail but decided to hold off because the headboard is going to tie into it. Hopefully get some gussets on tomorrow and I need the hydraulic power pack before I can go much farther (it's been ordered, I am going with a double acting unit)
G9l9BM8.jpg

T6c4jncl.jpg

B06zi17.jpg

You're gonna twist the that C channel. You need to either brace it to the one behind it, throw some triangulation from there to the perimeter rails or both. A 6ft span of C channel is simply not going to tolerate the force the ram can put out regardless of what orientation it's in.

Triple up on the tab for the cylinder end and run a longer pin. Use thick shit, like 1/2 or better. With all the force in that one spot the hole will egg out in short order unless you give it a ton of material to spread the load.

Bolt a bracket to the side of the frame rail (a 6" scrap of big L channel will work) up front that's low enough to fit a bottle jack. That way when you overload your bed and it won't dump you get to fuck around with a bottle jack raising it and adding blocking until it can dump rather than fucking around with a shovel unloading it.

All of these are easy to do and don't take a ton of material or time spent working on them.

You're gonna twist the that C channel. You need to either brace it to the one behind it, throw some triangulation from there to the perimeter rails or both. A 6ft span of C channel is simply not going to tolerate the force the ram can put out regardless of what orientation it's in.

Triple up on the tab for the cylinder end and run a longer pin. Use thick shit, like 1/2 or better. With all the force in that one spot the hole will egg out in short order unless you give it a ton of material to spread the load.

Bolt a bracket to the side of the frame rail (a 6" scrap of big L channel will work) up front that's low enough to fit a bottle jack. That way when you overload your bed and it won't dump you get to fuck around with a bottle jack raising it and adding blocking until it can dump rather than fucking around with a shovel unloading it.

All of these are easy to do and don't take a ton of material or time spent working on them.
Hard to see in the pic but there is a 34" piece of 3" c channel welded under the long one that will get tied in at the 4" mains on each side. I do intend to add some triangulation and maybe a pair front to back from the c in front of the mount. The upper mount is two thicknesses of 3/8 flat bar. One thing to keep in mind is my intended use is for firewood so it's not really that heavy. I know I will get stupid one day and overload it with gravel...LOL....it's getting the 5/4 decking screwed back on it for a floor. I do like the bottle jack idea though, leave the fucker in there and just run the handle outboard. I did have a thought on the last dump trailer I built to use a small cylinder in line with the big one that would raise the bed a few (6") inches to help the initial lift.
I have looked at every dump trailer for 25 miles and I can tell you they are built lighter than this and they seem to hold up...LOL
I do appreciate your input though.

Hard to see in the pic but there is a 34" piece of 3" c channel welded under the long one that will get tied in at the 4" mains on each side. I do intend to add some triangulation and maybe a pair front to back from the c in front of the mount. The upper mount is two thicknesses of 3/8 flat bar. One thing to keep in mind is my intended use is for firewood so it's not really that heavy. I know I will get stupid one day and overload it with gravel...LOL....it's getting the 5/4 decking screwed back on it for a floor. I do like the bottle jack idea though, leave the fucker in there and just run the handle outboard. I did have a thought on the last dump trailer I built to use a small cylinder in line with the big one that would raise the bed a few (6") inches to help the initial lift.
I have looked at every dump trailer for 25 miles and I can tell you they are built lighter than this and they seem to hold up...LOL
I do appreciate your input though.
You're still gonna bend it. And I'm gonna say I told you so. :flipoff2:

Got the hydraulic power pack today and got it mounted up. I use ATF so I put some in the reservoir and wired it up and tested it. It doesn't dump as steep of an angle as I would like but firewood will slide right out of it. It was too dark for any pictures.

Got the bases for the headboard done today along with some bracing at the cylinder mount point.
I'll have to get some better pictures of the bracing, it's all not in in that picture.
She's going on the back burner as I have some actual work to do ...lol
7pfoxSdl.jpg

C5YvbVwl.jpg

ETA: one more pic
elmlBNnl.jpg

Last edited:
Got the bases for the headboard done today along with some bracing at the cylinder mount point.
I'll have to get some better pictures of the bracing, it's all not in in that picture.
She's going on the back burner as I have some actual work to do ...lol
That's more like it. Now drill yourself a couple holes at the ends of those braces so water can't pool on top of the C.

Got the bed removed and I'll get the front clip off Saturday. Should be down to a bare chassis before long and then work actually will begin... 😁

bed removed.jpeg

How the Hell do you get these in by yourself

Attachments

• 97D082EE-7F9B-4E1D-B318-DE21276AAC3A.jpeg
    97D082EE-7F9B-4E1D-B318-DE21276AAC3A.jpeg
    986.2 KB · Views: 34
Top Back Refresh