What's new

WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR FORD TODAY?

Ordered a set of Reid Knuckles, high steer arms, studs, (2) new calipers, (2) new spindles, bearings ,etc, and U/L ball joints for my ranger truggy that I've been putting off for too long. Just put new Yukon Gears/Grizzy locker in before the last trip.. Spending stupid money on a LP dana 44 all because it was "cheap" when it came in the truck.. Can't believe guys are keeping these together on 37"+ tires. All I've got is a 4 liter and 36x12.5

Last edited:
Tinkering on a ranger I bought a month or three ago. Found a 80a circuit breaker that failed so I jumpered it and stuff powers up. Just getting clicks from the starter so I pull it and bench test it, clicks Bendix engages and spins time and time again. Reinstalled and it just fuckin clicks :lmao: found a poor crimp at the battery connection, correct that still just clicks. Try jumper cables right on the starter lugs, nothing.

How's it drive with the camper on?
It handles very well for something that's a 1/2ton.

Getting it weighed revealed the front axle lost 260lbs.

Today; I experimented with weight in the front:

_nc_ohc=07f_kEiBkm0AX_MK5AV&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I can feel the steering difference with, and without said weight.

That's 240lbs of water.

I'm going to get the Bronco re-weighed later today to see if I recouped the weight lost in the front.

Tinkering on a ranger I bought a month or three ago. Found a 80a circuit breaker that failed so I jumpered it and stuff powers up. Just getting clicks from the starter so I pull it and bench test it, clicks Bendix engages and spins time and time again. Reinstalled and it just fuckin clicks :lmao: found a poor crimp at the battery connection, correct that still just clicks. Try jumper cables right on the starter lugs, nothing.
I've had starters that work fine on the bench but under load do not function as they should.

Finally drove the F250 to work today, had new Ironman MTs mounted Monday. Only think left is a wireless controller for the winch and an oil change

Went to weigh with this set up (240lbs of water in jerry cans on front hitch) :
X9TtTVq&tn=WoDXzKgYiyCjBOwD&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

And got this reading:
_nc_ohc=XOgJl1JZNgsAX_mFOh0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Moved two jerry cans to inside of cab:
_nc_ohc=9RgJnFwQh_AAX8L-KYM&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Got this reading:
_nc_ohc=qKfcYBvll-QAX-rVMut&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

2,800lbs is front GAWR for the Bronco.

That's pretty dialed then I'd say. If it drives alright, I'd send that all day long.

Got the new manifolds, gaskets and hardware for the ole girl.
Took some measurements for the dump bed build.
I want to use a single cylinder to dump it, no scissor hoist. The only thing is this pig has a 40 gal plastic tank that is kinda in the way, I'll have to do some creative designing to get the cylinder mounted low enough to not bind and high enough to not have to clearance too much of the cross member, time will tell.

Got new window runs and anti-rattlers in one side tonight to go with my new glass that resulted from the weed eater incident. Wing window piece came right out, the rest was dried right out and came out in little tiny pieces with a hammer and a screwdriver, took a solid 30-40 minutes longer than I planned, so it got dark on me and the skeeters were out in force before I got the glass back in so I could lock it up for the night. Gambled on the cheap Precision brand parts for this job, pleasantly surprised how not shit they were.

nosed her into the garage in prep of doing the exhaust manifolds tomorrow.
I got the wheel off, had to beat it off from the inside, the shock off, y pipe nuts off, inner fender liner off.
All sounds easy right? LOL...welcome to the rust belt!

Found out my truck has another recall... this time for spring perches “ripping” off the axle...

Thanks to thatg9659 the manifolds are in my F350...thanks again! :beer::beer:
Also had to buy a new oil dipstick tube to the tune of 95 bucks after tax :eek:
At least it's getting closer to drivable :lmao:

Called the dealer to schedule the two recall (windshield, rear axle) fixed.

Service had no clue wtf I was talking about.

should have not traded the old truck. :rolleyes:

New 2.5" lift, shocks, bushings, Adjustable track bar on this bitch. Drove it around to test it out and now the battery is not charging. voltage regulator or alternator I guess. That will be my next post here. I guess I could also post on the white F150 in the background since I just did a complete new AC system in it too.
IMG_0771.jpeg

Top Back Refresh