What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Finally got the F2shitty out of the garage, got the bumper on, threw some 36x14.5 TSLs on it, and took it for a test drive. Tires rub, going to buy a new set of 315/75s for it and rock on. Need to find square nuts to mount the 8274.

Wound up with 5 1/2" thick steel "leaves" in the spring pack and the adjustable camber caster bushing has just enough to get it acceptable. Weight of the winch should help.

IMG_20210713_122240_531.jpg

IMG_20210713_122240_543.jpg

Welded on some 4" C and installed tail lights and back up lights then took her for a spin down the street and back, I thought the damn thing was on fire there was so much smoke coming out from under it! I don't know why they painted the cats and Y pipe battle ship grey.
I'll get a pic in a few minutes.
mcHKV4el.jpg

Last edited:
I fired the bitch up and SOB the manifolds have leaks :(
I do not have the energy to tackle that job. Very disappointed to say the least.
I'm not sure If I'm going to pedal the truck or keep it and get it fixed.
I know a guy who is retarded enough to enjoy that job.

I think I have resigned myself to doing it. I will wait till the weather is more suited to my liking however...LOL

Prepp'ing the Bronco for the camper install.

X9LVtZ8&tn=wBcwIDwOrPAbhiM5&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I'm using 2"X12"X8' boards as a platform for said camper plus give the Bronco bed some strength/structure.

Waterproofed said boards with WD 40:

_nc_ohc=OJghTvBdwG4AX8z9e9I&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Prepp'ing the Bronco for the camper install.

X9LVtZ8&tn=wBcwIDwOrPAbhiM5&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I'm using 2"X12"X8' boards as a platform for said camper plus give the Bronco bed some strength/structure.

Waterproofed said boards with WD 40:

_nc_ohc=OJghTvBdwG4AX8z9e9I&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
Just what you need, slippery boards for the camper to sit on :lmao:
Bring it on over to the BDL thread when you get her loaded up :stirthepot:
I wish I could find one of those campers, they are like gold around here.

Just what you need, slippery boards for the camper to sit on :lmao:
Good point! :flipoff2:

Luckily; I'm through-floor mounting as well as using turnbuckles/tie-downs to bolt the camper to the Bronco bed.
Bring it on over to the BDL thread when you get her loaded up :stirthepot:
I experimented with weight (water) to see how the Bronco would handle.

Surprisingly; I barely felt the weight while driving around town. :smokin:
I wish I could find one of those campers, they are like gold around here.
There's one on FB marketplace in my area right now that's an '84 Four Wheel camper; $2,800.

Pics of it mounted?
If that question was for me; the camper mount happens tomorrow morning. :smokin:

I'm going to first remove the tires and just mount rims to lower the Bronco bed as much as possible.

_nc_ohc=BiL_-8VewrwAX8MfNqD&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Two 8-lug/16" dually rims for the rear, and two factory 5-lug/15" rims for the front.

Hopefully; the bed will be low enough so I won't have to really lift the camp too high. :eek:

Filled up the gas tank and the gauge magically started working. Stopped working when I went to drive it this afternoon.

Normally I'd suspect electrical but Ford gauges of this era go to F when the circuit opens I'm thinking the float is sinking since just prior to that fill up I let it sit several days with like 1/2gal in a 19gal tank which would have been enough for it to evaporate out of the float. I just can't think of anything other than the float or sender in the tank being bad.

Attachments

• a1762f35e5c8e818838b8bea395a449e592632a5-1.jpeg
    a1762f35e5c8e818838b8bea395a449e592632a5-1.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 27
And in case anyone is wondering. This is what the back of a 3.0 lower intake looks like after you clearance it for the distributor so you can run it backwards so you can do dumb things like run a Taurus accessory drive in a rwd application

Edit: also worth noting that the distributor will hit the intake, this only works for distributorless applications. Also you need to space the intake up to clear the alt. you need to clearance a little bit on the alt bracket to clear the thermostat housing and you need to drill and tap the water pump heater core input for a plug and do something else for that.
61337a0fd72fd04b0f7830c43420f3f770725c0d-1.jpeg
89333935aefba2745b8e1e3520808593b3fbb98f-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Filled up the gas tank and the gauge magically started working. Stopped working when I went to drive it this afternoon.

Normally I'd suspect electrical but Ford gauges of this era go to F when the circuit opens I'm thinking the float is sinking since just prior to that fill up I let it sit several days with like 1/2gal in a 19gal tank which would have been enough for it to evaporate out of the float. I just can't think of anything other than the float or sender in the tank being bad.
Bad ground?

Bad ground?
If the circuit was incomplete the gauge would read full all the time instead of E all the time. As it stands it reads E all the time. The above pic was just me filling the tank and being surprised it was working.

I think that the Rheostat dried out, started working then got wet and stopped.

What do you mean "dried out"?
I'm working on one that quit working gauge staying at ¼, the fuel tank is behind the seat.
I pulled the sending unit and the plastic float had fuel in it. I changed the float the tank was about ½ way full and it started working. I filled it up it was still working until the next day when it was showing back around ¼ tank.

Now the tank is full I pulled the sending unit again and tested it out of the tank with the fuel gauge on the truck it didn't work at first then started working, I reinstalled it since I didn't have a replacement and it worked at first then quit.

Something is happening to the rheostat when it gets fuel on it.

DC power alt shit the bed on the way home from Rausch yesterday. Pulley walked back into the case and wore itself a nice groove somehow, after a little over 3 years of service.

Original takeoff ferd alt went back on as the roadside spare:

1626708724973.png

1626708744421.png

Any plans to make any supports or anything for the ass end of the camper?
I used four 2"X12"X8' boards and one 2"X4"X8' as a platform to not only provide strength/structure to the Bronco bed, but also help support what is hanging out beyond tail lights.

With 5' IN the Bronco bed/1.5' on the tailgate/and the remaining 1.5' actually hanging out, I think the camper is supported enough.

One option I'm looking at if I indeed need support at the very end would be to use a hitch extension that supports lumber/750lbs.

Something like this:

_nc_ohc=1bwwSXXi5vUAX-jCo9N&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Top Back Refresh