What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

added a sticker, just in case there are ford folks who don't venture into chit-chat

IMG_2021-05-22_11-18-17.jpeg

Putted it around the block and threw the charger on it. Power steering boxe is leaking like a sieve.

Taking next Friday off for a 4 day weekend. Reid knuckles, new ball joints, high steer, rebuild power steering box, ram assist and all the stuff that is going to come along with it.

Might pull the box this afternoon to get a head start. It's going to be a ton of work and will have to redo, tie rod, drag link and possibly track bar. 4 days seems ambitious. :lmao:

so only half of Las Tiendas Rd (also called 3338) is paved.. our ranch is at the N End..

we got a good bit of rain, parts of the unpaved 8-9 miles were kinda muddy..

I'M JUST GLAD we didnt get stuck this weekend..

The Aerostar I drive came with four shitty tires on steelies.

The Spareostar (parts van) came with four shitty tires on nice OEM alcoas but only 2/4 hold air.

I got a blowout a few weeks ago so one of the two alloys that hold air got slapped on the rear. I got a flat on the front yesterday (which I'll probably just plug) and slapped the second spare on.

This morning I found out that the steelies and the aluminum rims don't have the same offset and I had to steer to the right the whole way to work.

I think Ill swap that one to the rear. :laughing:

is firestone the only company still making a highway tire in about load range E for a 16.5" wheel?

I like my steelies and big fat hub caps :laughing: AL wheels all look like trash

Well I finally got the chance to use it for it's intended purpose! :smokin:
Hauled three loads of firewood logs home with it today.
I am pleased with how the dump body works with ease :smokin:
More pics and a video in the GCC firewood 21 thread
puaMHK0l.jpg

I've put an ass ton of work into my 95 f250 lately. Most recently I swapped the headlight support and grill.

Right before that did the rear u joints and center bearing.

Right before that I went and yanked another 460 out of another truck and I've been getting it ready for a 521 build.

I also have a stinger pimpxshift ecu sitting here for it. It's a megasquirt setup with trans control. Have a Spartan2 wideband as well.

Attachments

• 6899EC6E-7BE3-48F2-B453-67E081AA4505.jpeg
    6899EC6E-7BE3-48F2-B453-67E081AA4505.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
I'm making a list of possibilities of why my Bronco randomly dies while idles.

1) Clogged fuel filter
2) Distributor and cap
3) Throttle cable
4)

Anything else?

Re-geared my 10.25. When i pulled the pinion gear out , the large pinion bearing race fell out with it..... sure enough, i can slide the race in and out of the housing with no force.

preceded to install gears and add oil :goofball:

Last edited:
Re-geared my 10.25. When i pulled the pinion gear out , the large pinion bearing race fell out with it..... sure enough, i can slide the race in and out of the housing with no force.

preceded to install gears and add oil :goofball:
20210520_115621.jpg

Back to this shit today. New o-ring had blown out. Was dropping as low as 25psi. Reseated it and am back to 70psi. Looking to see if there's a more permanent upgrade to the 6.0 regulator. Might have to go external.
20210527_122852[1].jpg

Weird. I put a blue spring in my 6.0 like 4 years ago, no issues.
Think the problem is narrowing down to the housing. Bore is clean, no burrs or bumps. Looks as though the fuel flow stream from the excess pressure keeps lifting the o-ring over the piston and then it gets stuck.

Posted the Bronco for sale this week. Have had about 30 hits on it in three days and priced it at Hagerty value. :smokin:

Brainstorming my next project and I should’ve known I couldn’t just push aside my love for late 60’s-early 70’s vehicles. I am not a fan of 80’s cars...like at all.

So I’ll be getting stuff paid off with this sale and then start hunting down a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton truck. I want a body that’s BEAT. Dents, scratches, just trashed. Plan is to do the underside of it completely this time. Pull the engine, trans, transfer case. Get everything squared away underneath and leave the top beat to hell so I can use it, drive it, and not worry about it.

I knew that Bronco’s exterior was too clean for what I wanted to do. But oh well. I’ll make some money on it and move on.

probably could go to a 16, but then might as well go to a 17" and have more future brake options...if i could keep my current large beauty caps and find a steelie they fit it wouldn't be a bad option.
I have 80's ford 16" steel rims on my chevy with factory 70's chevy hub caps if you want any info on them let me know.

Since I tripped the 'check engine' light; I'm going to wait and buy a code reader to diagnose the engine dying while idling problem.

This is what I fear the most: diagnosing an engine problem/issue.

Top Back Refresh