What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Got the Aerostar out of winter storage. Had to put it on a jack and do a 1st gear clutch dump because my brother decided that the parking brake that isn't strong enough to keep the vehicle from rolling needs to be on all winter. It's strong enough to keep the vehicle from rolling after the shoes rust to the drums. Idiot. :shaking:

Rotor promptly started glowing. Cleaning and greasing the pins didn't fix it so I got it within the 100mi AAA tow radius and let them deal with it. :laughing:

Like wore out?
Unlikely. They may very well be worn but unless everything is worn the pivot bushings probably aren't contributing much. TTB rarely wobbles from bushings. The arms are just too long for that. As long as there's any bushing to speak of play at the bushings just doesn't translate enough enough play at the tire.

It'll make for some asshole puckering steering but not wobble.

A bolt fell out of the shifter linkage under the dash/won't shift into 'park'.

Found said linkage; attempted screwing bolt back in/FAIL, round 1.

Linkage bracket on top right:

_nc_ohc=R0yor4joNVMAX80cQ1l&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I broke out the turd polish and started spiffing up the fuel cell in the '76 since it's getting to be show/cruise season. Really wishing I had a real buffer, this is hand sanding + a foam pad on a drill.

PXL_20210427_021803091.jpg

Fixed the glowing rotor with a new brake caliper. Didn't even have to bleed it. Just cracked the bleeder and it gravity bled itself. :smokin:

A bolt fell out of the shifter linkage under the dash/won't shift into 'park'.

Found said linkage; attempted screwing bolt back in/FAIL, round 1.

Linkage bracket on top right:

_nc_ohc=R0yor4joNVMAX80cQ1l&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
Time for a new shift cylinder. I just fixed my "won't shift into park" last weekend. It was the same 2 bolts. Luckily the cylinder wasn't broken.

Time for a new shift cylinder. I just fixed my "won't shift into park" last weekend. It was the same 2 bolts. Luckily the cylinder wasn't broken.
What shift cylinder?

I made another attempt (round 2) to screw the bolt on: FAIL.

The linkage won't line up both the holes. :mad3: 🙁

Not to mention two sciatic nerve shock/jolts ended any further attempt(s).

No problem, Like I said I thought my cylinder was busted but after dropping the column down to the seat the cylinder was intact and then after a little more research I found my two bolts were loose. I probably need to take them out one at a time and throw some loc tite on them.

No problem, Like I said I thought my cylinder was busted but after dropping the column down to the seat the cylinder was intact and then after a little more research I found my two bolts were loose. I probably need to take them out one at a time and throw some loc tite on them.
Just checked mine.

It appears to be intact.

Couple days ago, bought one to stick away, maybe parts, maybe future 4wd build
74 f250 460 c6 2wd
Front and rear sway bars, no a.c., ps, no rust

Attachments

• 20210427_174516.jpg
    20210427_174516.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210427_174505.jpg
    20210427_174505.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
They are, another member pointed out they're likely "Jackman wheels " apparently they are somewhat sought after for the vintage truck crowd, but they look too much like the shitty steel spokes I hate:laughing:
That's the second set I've ever seen aside from the ones I own. I'd gladly re-home them if I were closer.

Threw an accelerator pump diaphragm and some new vacuum hoses at it, ran to the dump, then picked up some new fencing panels for the back yard.

Taking a closer look at the front axle pivot brackets for loose bolts and said bracket-breakage.

Thinking of having said brackets welded to the crossmember.

Thoughts?

Got under the Bronco.

Found bolts/nuts loose on passenger side axle pivot bracket.

Retightened and added jam-nuts for cheap insurance.

It appears to have solved the death wobble.

I'm still thinking of welding both pivot brackets to the crossmember, though.

Got under the Bronco.

Found bolts/nuts loose on passenger side axle pivot bracket.

Retightened and added jam-nuts for cheap insurance.

It appears to have solved the death wobble.

I'm still thinking of welding both pivot brackets to the crossmember, though.
Glad you figured it out.

I hauled my Kubota on the 16' car trailer today. I definitely need brakes!
I'm hoping to get some firewood with it this weekend and test the dump bed :laughing:

Installed polyurethane spacers in the Bronco coil springs.

My goals were stiffen the coils a bit and add 1" of lift.

The polyurethane spacers also appear to act as a vibration dampener as well.

The 20 mile test ride appeared to be a smoother ride.

_nc_ohc=t7fLMeMXDXMAX-BF2Oa&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Bronco decided it wants to randomly die while idling. 😤

Going to check the distributor.

Replaced the last one 4 or 5 years ago due to it wobbling in its' mount causing a similar issue.

Finally got the grandpa-spec dash mat I ordered weeks ago. I mangled the dash pad pretty good with grinder dust and weld spatter when I was fixing the windshield frame, this is as close as I'm gonna get to fixing it for a while (or ever).

PXL_20210523_001116741_2.jpg

Top Back Refresh