What's new

What did you do for your NV4500 today ?

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
I figured out what I need to do to make my truck happen with the bottom end 454 from my boat and the correct 1995 nv4500 and the 1.250x10 input that will work with the $500.00 McLeod clutch and flywheel I already have purchased in keeping this project on the forefront of my mind im out OTL shooting my ho made 300BO fireaerm.

20220212_112245.jpg

Last edited:
Shoot it? Glad you did all this first. You've paved the way for me when I go down this road in the future.

The key for me at least is dont go with a larger than stock input shaft unless you really need the added strength it should give.

And if you want to run an external slave or mechanical clutch linkage use one of the early gm bellhousing pattern transmissions IE 92-94/95 not the 96+.

The early 92-94 is easier used with the AA bellhousing and their proprietary accessories but only with the 1.125x10 input.

I saw the advertised term NEW and went and bought the 2001/GM but didnt realisebwhat other issues I would run into.

And IMO the AA bellhousing is not a way to go for so many reasons will do my best to list those reasons, too many things in my head at the moment.

Last edited:
My box is either a 94 or 95. I could've went with the 6.34 1st, but opted for 5.61 in the event that I wanted/needed to upgrade. Imo not hard to adapt the early bell to later box. Ya just need that retainer modded on. Id rather mod a retainer than bore out the box.

The key for me at least is dont go with a larger than stock input shaft unless you really need the added strength it should give.

And if you want to run an external slave or mechanical clutch linkage use one of the early gm bellhousing pattern transmissions IE 92-94/95 not the 96+.

I saw the advertised term NEW and went and bought the 2001/GM but didnt realisebwhat other issues I would run into.

And IMO the AA bellhousing is not a way to go for so many reasons will do my best to list those reasons, too many things in my head at the moment.
You keep shitting on the aa bellhousing but its not their fault you have a retarded input setup

How is my input retarded ?

Because its not an internal slave or because its mechanical clutch linkage ?

Setups were like that for many years, and its a preference for some.

No shit. But your trans as it sits never existed.

You have a 1 app input shaft that never came with an input retainer and demanded that it be use a system that never existed with a mish mash of parts.

You could have had an over the counter stock everything setup but you didnt want that.

Nope, correct partly, didnt know at the time what I needed to do what I want.

Just need to throw more cubic dollars at it with another bearing retainer made and a pair of holes drilled in the transmission.

Yup, complety.

You didnt know what it was but still insisted that it be used with a fork/retainer once i figured out what it actualy was.

I knew what it was as I called it out before it left the transmission mfg, if you mean rhe 1.250x10 input, what I didnt know at the time was how much of a bitch it would be to source the fork.

The retainer came with the input and transmission.

Which is a 100% non standard parts combonation.

You knew what size it was, thats it. you didnt know where it came from or what it was for or how it was used.

Your fork is from an isuzu mdt and youre once again having parts milled and modified...........because it never existed in any form known to us nor the u.s. auto market.

I ran down what truck it came from with a vin from the Isuzu truck seen on a 4bt website and ordered it from an Isuzu dealer in socal

If you havent noticed, I do things according to how I want to do them to meet my needs not always the way others do them.

Then complain about how it doesnt work and that no kit is available to make it work.

Dont get me wrong, im glad you got it figured out, but jesus christ you make/made it absurdly hard on yourself

Im the best complainer I know.

Beyond that its cheaper to chuck up a chunk of 5.500 round 1018 steel and run the program.

Top Back Refresh