What's new

WHAT DID YOU DO FOR YOUR FORD TODAY?

You got some salt water rotted shitbox too?:flipoff2:

Yup :flipoff2:

PXL_20230205_180809864.jpg

I've been using both of those with good results.

And Bosch.

Edit: I am pretty sure I have a Delphi in the 250 right now? Midship tank, has been in for... Shit, it's been like 8 years now. Fuck.

I was wrong, partially. Just looked it up. I put a denso in around 8/2015.

Perhaps time for a V8. 408W
I'd love to have a v8 in it at some point. I haven't really come across a manual trans that's an improvement over what I have, and the trans is the biggest shit point in the drivetrain IMO. Seems I'd just be stuck with another variant of the Mazda trash that's in it.

Took it on a 4 hour road trip right after getting it together and it was smooth as can be. The ol 4.0 is quiet now, gets good for what it is fuel mileage (16ish on the road) has sufficient power, and the cruise and AC work.

I left off at installing pulleys to accomodate a Vintage Air AC + Saginaw steering-pump with dual returns install on my 78 F150.

Bought a Jestuos carbide burr set and slotted one of the holes in the bracket that didn't line up. Worked pretty well for a $40 set.

Went to install my Saginaw pump and it interferes with the steering box on the frame, there's no way to clock it so it works. Looked at everything and realized I'm going to need a normal Saginaw pump. I have this one:

2412A.jpg

The way the reservoir cap offsets to the driver's side with that extra return line makes it hit the steering box. This thing wasn't cheap and I can't return it. It should work as a spare on the '67 Bronco w/302 (that already has a normal Saginaw on it and is currently 75 miles away..also, lazy).

I ordered one of these. Will just have to T the return line when I do hydro-boost next:

sagpspump.jpg

Supposed to work on the 67 Bronco this weekend but will instead be helping my buddy get his 67 Bronco ready for United by Bronco in Sand Hollow. I've got too much shit going on to attend but will help him fix some cracking on the frame at the steering box and check everything over as it was put away wet last year.

I found out that in the 90s there was some rare factory option 23 gallon midship fuel tank available on the F-series long bed, but nobody repops tank straps or other parts for that. Guess what tank my 94 F250 has :shaking:

Luckily the front strap is in decent condition, rear strap was junk, but i can take the 2 I have and make 1 out of them for the back.

Fuel tank skid plate was rotted out junk on this truck too, I guess I'll just run it without the skid. Its a farm truck more than a wheeling rig. I could make something but I know I'll over build the fuck out of it

I've seen at least two trucks with the big midship tank but I've never seen a skid plate so that must be the rarer option. :laughing:

Went to install my Saginaw pump and it interferes with the steering box on the frame, there's no way to clock it so it works. Looked at everything and realized I'm going to need a normal Saginaw pump. I have this one:

2412A.jpg
Can you use a remote reservoir?

I put one on my 78 with a 460 and also in my corvette. Pretty easy cheap alternative.

Remote-Fill Reservoir for Saginaw P Pump

Attachments

• sr2545-10k.jpg
    sr2545-10k.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2
Not a damned thing.

But Ford sent me another letter about the axle spring pad recall… that was “fixed” two months ago… after 9 months dealing directly with a ford warranty person who setup the actual appointment (and followed up with me after) for the fix.

Planning the next step for doing the body mount replacement in a few months.

Specifically adding a 3rd leg to the truck camper to make it more stable when removing it.
Camper floor height sitting on Bronco: 40~":eek:

ordered a new gas tank, rear inner wheel wells and body mount kit for the 87 bronco i am restoring.

does anyone know where i can order interior trim pieces? i would like to switch to the 92-96 style and they are just not available at the scrap yards here anymore

Helped my buddy get the SAS explorer ready for United by Bronco in Sand Hollow this week. Decided not to take his Bronco because the weather, 4 doors/windows and a heater are hard to pass up. That meant taking the bead locks from the Bronco and putting them on this thing, clearancing the fenders, and ironing out some little issues. This thing just plain works well like an EB with a longer wheelbase and full width axles: New video by Charles Howard

I helped our mutual friend do this solid axle swap back in 2016.. he figured it all out and I just stuck the metal pieces together (he's passed away since then and my buddy had acquired it some time between all that) so it makes me happy to see it getting used: 78 Bronco axles 5.13, Detroit Front, Full Spool rear, 37" tires, James Duff long arms, 5.0/E4OD/Early Bronco D20.

On my 78 F150 I got the pulleys installed, AC compressor mounted, and the saginaw pump on, and only then realized I'll need a different high pressure hose (that's on order from Wild Horses). Slowly but surely in between all this rain we're getting.

Helped my buddy get the SAS explorer ready for United by Bronco in Sand Hollow this week. Decided not to take his Bronco because the weather, 4 doors/windows and a heater are hard to pass up. That meant taking the bead locks from the Bronco and putting them on this thing, clearancing the fenders, and ironing out some little issues. This thing just plain works well like an EB with a longer wheelbase and full width axles: New video by Charles Howard

I helped our mutual friend do this solid axle swap back in 2016.. he figured it all out and I just stuck the metal pieces together (he's passed away since then and my buddy had acquired it some time between all that) so it makes me happy to see it getting used: 78 Bronco axles 5.13, Detroit Front, Full Spool rear, 37" tires, James Duff long arms, 5.0/E4OD/Early Bronco D20.

On my 78 F150 I got the pulleys installed, AC compressor mounted, and the saginaw pump on, and only then realized I'll need a different high pressure hose (that's on order from Wild Horses). Slowly but surely in between all this rain we're getting.
That's a cool Explorer! I've got a set of the same axles and a 205 that I've been thinking about putting in something. What coils and steering box did you use?

That's a cool Explorer! I've got a set of the same axles and a 205 that I've been thinking about putting in something. What coils and steering box did you use?
Looks like the same steering box in my 78 F150 so probably the Bronco box (honestly can't remember), and the coils are early bronco coils.. i think 3.5" with a Deaver 10 leaf pack in the rear and extended shackles.

I'll have the same set of axles after my 1-ton swap and I have a leftover Bronco D20. If I don't sell them I've thought of building a Ranger or something with a "lighter" configuration than my F150... don't really need two crawlers though :homer:

Looks like the same steering box in my 78 F150 so probably the Bronco box (honestly can't remember), and the coils are early bronco coils.. i think 3.5" with a Deaver 10 leaf pack in the rear and extended shackles.

I'll have the same set of axles after my 1-ton swap and I have a leftover Bronco D20. If I don't sell them I've thought of building a Ranger or something with a "lighter" configuration than my F150... don't really need two crawlers though :homer:
My first thought was to v8 swap a Ranger with an Explorer engine and trans, but just using the Explorer would be less work.

Top Back Refresh