What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

Was installing the new rear driveshaft.

Got to the very last bolt on the axle yoke...

Broke the mother fucker off. :mad3: :frown:

Apparently I over-torqued the bolts.

What is the torque specs on 1310/1350(?) yoke bolts?

In addition to this today; I was sideswiped by '94 F-350. :lmao: :mad3: :frown:
Sideswiped II.jpg

Sideswiped II.jpg

Sideswiped II.jpg

Brought my excavator home. #13300, trailer #7700 and the truck is just over 9 going by my last trucks weight That would be about 30,000 and some 8% grades that don’t bother this truck much at all.

photo17748.jpg

I gave mine a dirty look as I backed my car out of the garage next to the Ford in the driveway. Hoping my new Tstat shows up today so I can put it in in the morning.

Changed U joints on the Aerostar. Never held an aluminum drive shaft before. Holy fuck that thing is light. Of course the last guy boogered up the yokes so the joints are only kinda in there properly. Did a lap around the block peeling tires on every upshift and downshift and it's still fine so I guess it's good enough.

Added the H-pipe I've been meaning to do for quite a while now, one of those little projects that ends up taking way longer than it seems like it ought to.

IMG_20200808_154023.jpg

Last edited:
WINNER! WINNER!

To be honest; the torque-spec chart AND in/lb to ft/lb conversion got me all confused, that I ended up torquing said bolts to 33ft/lb of torque. :confused: :emb4: :frown:

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Spec in the WSM is 8-15ft/lb. I'm suprised you got 33ft/lb on one of those little bolts.

Noticed the lense of one of my corner turn lights on the 96 f150 was busted out. Whoever guessed the battery and battery tray had to come out for access. I did find a half dozen 8 and 10 mm sockets down there....

Ripped the head unit out of the half ton, haven't been using it and if I leave a gaping hole in the dash I'll get on mounting a tablet in there sooner.

Stopped at the shop on the way home from work, was going to do some work on the Bronco, but way too hot/humid, so I left and went home figuring it would be cooler there and i could do some work in the garage...

3Lhcgdr.jpg

In the end, Nothing, too freakin hot here too, left them all in the garage and went in the house and made a drink....

fQez3Nf.jpg

Last edited:
WINNER! WINNER!

To be honest; the torque-spec chart AND in/lb to ft/lb conversion got me all confused, that I ended up torquing said bolts to 33ft/lb of torque. :confused: :emb4: :frown:

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Over-torquing those bolts kills U-joints. The torque specs TrikeKid gave sounds about right; they don't take much. As for the bolts, some A574 (stronger than grade 8) SHCS will work fine and are cheap and easy to source locally.

I stared under the hood of mine, basically saying, "What the fuck is this?" "What the fuck is that?" :flipoff2:

Guess I also removed a few things that I didn't need in there at the moment.

Lots of nice Broncos here!

Adjusted the parking brake, lubed up the hood hinges and release, then stole the battery for my tent trailer.

Slid the canoe into the bed busting the window of the topper I drove two hours round trip to pick up 3 days ago. :laughing:

Took mine to town today to grab 10' materials in between doc and chiro appointments. 6.0 doing 6.0 things. Kept smelling really hot gear oil and engine oil. Started eyeing the water across from the stoplight I was at, wondering if I could could floor it to the water through traffic if my truck caught fire.

Yesterday I cut out the ECM and pulled all the wires from that, and also removed some more A/C stuff. Today I removed the cruise control and tidied up a lot of the wiring underneath the hood and vacuum lines. Still looking crowded with that EGR intake manifold, but that'll be gone soonish.

Bronco won't start.

I've been having starter relay issues for the past year.

I've replaced the starter/battery/battery cables/starter relay, all within the last 18 months.

I've been starting engine via metal placed across said relay's two bolts.

Now that won't work.

Going to buy another relay tomorrow and see if that'll give me a short-term solution.

Bronco won't start.

I've been having starter relay issues for the past year.

I've replaced the starter/battery/battery cables/starter relay, all within the last 18 months.

I've been starting engine via metal placed across said relay's two bolts.

Now that won't work.

Going to buy another relay tomorrow and see if that'll give me a short-term solution.

Make sure the wire coming from the ignition switch is sending power to the start relay. The ignition switch could be bad.

Make sure the wire coming from the ignition switch is sending power to the start relay. The ignition switch could be bad.

Yeah; I checked that after the relay died a day after I put it in.

Electrical current flowed.

But was still able to jump-start via relay.

That lasted 6 months.

The relay before the current one lasted 12 months.

And the relay before that one lasted 25 years (original factory).

Yeah; I checked that after the relay died a day after I put it in.

Electrical current flowed.

But was still able to jump-start via relay.

That lasted 6 months.

The relay before the current one lasted 12 months.

And the relay before that one lasted 25 years (original factory).
Do they still use the big black relays in that year? How many little studs does it have on it?
When you jump the studs does it crank but not start?

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh