Group events

New Mexico

What are you wheeling?

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
I figure this topic is as good as any to get some activity started.

Here is the pile I am running around in these days:
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 6.58.27 AM.jpg

I am currently building an early Bronco as a 4600 stock class racer for Ultra4, and I am hoping to get started on a buggy in the next year or so, so I don't have to ride bitch all the time with my buddies on the good stuff :laughing:

My FSJ conglomerate Crom, languishes at my buddies ranch a victim of the "While we are at disease" but that was after " The Jeepstress" priestess of the Quadratrac cult caused my 30 plus year old bull gear between my T 18 and the Scout split shifted Dana 20 to let go on engineers pass in CO in 2008. Try coming off Red mountain with no gears, and Blackbart doesn't want to have to replace brake shoes, so brakes were used sparingly!! :eek::eek::eek:

Never make fun of the Quadratrac when she is around! :eek:

Once home it was I decided to go from a manual to a semi built 727 auto ( My knee can't operate a clutch anymore) and a 203/205 doubler. Then, hey while we are doing this lets go ahead and put a 14 bolt in the rear and a Dana 60 in the front, so it sits and BlackBart's hideout waiting a decision on staying with a leaf spring suspension, coils or a combo of both. Arrg

Keyboard now days. Had to pair down hobbies to avoid breaking the bank. Plus a temporary move across the country for a few years before coming back killed off any buggy project. Now just playing with cnc mill and cnc lathe in garage.

My FSJ conglomerate Crom, languishes at my buddies ranch a victim of the "While we are at disease" but that was after " The Jeepstress" priestess of the Quadratrac cult caused my 30 plus year old bull gear between my T 18 and the Scout split shifted Dana 20 to let go on engineers pass in CO in 2008. Try coming off Red mountain with no gears, and Blackbart doesn't want to have to replace brake shoes, so brakes were used sparingly!! :eek::eek::eek:

Never make fun of the Quadratrac when she is around! :eek:

Once home it was I decided to go from a manual to a semi built 727 auto ( My knee can't operate a clutch anymore) and a 203/205 doubler. Then, hey while we are doing this lets go ahead and put a 14 bolt in the rear and a Dana 60 in the front, so it sits and BlackBart's hideout waiting a decision on staying with a leaf spring suspension, coils or a combo of both. Arrg

:laughing: Sounds like an exciting time. Should be a cool rig if you get it back on the trails :beer:

Keyboard now days. Had to pair down hobbies to avoid breaking the bank. Plus a temporary move across the country for a few years before coming back killed off any buggy project. Now just playing with cnc mill and cnc lathe in garage.

What kind of equipment are you running? I dream about having some CNC tools one day.

:laughing: Sounds like an exciting time. Should be a cool rig if you get it back on the trails :beer:

What kind of equipment are you running? I dream about having some CNC tools one day.
I went a little overboard with the equipment. I have a Fadal 4020 mill with a rotary axis and just committed today to a 2020 Haas TL-1 Lathe. Its a diesease but at least it does bring money in. Usually I make 10-15K a year on the mill without trying.

1996 Fadal 4020. I was modified my wifes 1979 Holbart C100 10 quart mixer.
20210523_124242.jpg

2020 Haas TL-1. Should be moved to the garage on Oct 7-8. Roughly 65 hours of cutting time.
20210924_070133.jpg

I would love to to Crom in real life. Followed it around a little on the FSJ boards but joined on the tail end. I have a 67 j3600 thiftside and recently acquired a 66 gladiator set up for 5.3 and superduties, which I'll start a thread for once I start doing anything.

Currently wheel an 85 4Runner:
20200614_121046.jpg

And in the winter there is snowmobiles too.

Unfortuntly I have changed phones and computers several times, so this is the only picture I have right now. I did a full write up on IFSJA and the Alaska 4x4 site where most of our inseration came from at this point of the build I had just about $1,200 into it. it is a 75 J-20 cab on a 76 Cherokee frame with a 3 inch lift, axles are from the J-20 roll bar is 2 1/4 heavy wall pipe as is the spare tire mount/towbar, front fenders are M-715, rears are 1950 Allis Chalmers tractor. Hood scoop is made from a Chevy truck transmission tunnel, didn't really want a hood scoop, but we were in a hurry and needed something to cover the dual fuel top. Wheels IIRC are Ford and the tires are 37" Hummvs.
I had traded my 4x4 school bus shop truck for the Cherokee because the 351 was running on 7 cylinders. The Cherokee had a rebuilt 360 and busted rear diff, figured we could stick a 9 inch under it and be good. Turns out the diff was offset to get around the gas tank, while we were under it finding this out noticed the only thing holding my feet up was the carpet. Enter the J-20 the cab had the same rust problem but less floors to replace, the rest they say is history. I need to see if BlackBart has any of the build pictures.

crom1.jpg

Mike? I heard you were back in town..

POS washed up race truck.. Recreational 'Wheeler now.
20190916_132724.jpg

Mike? I heard you were back in town..

POS washed up race truck.. Recreational 'Wheeler now.

Shit your memory is going out. I went wheeling with you and nick after I moved back into town about two years ago.

Shit your memory is going out. I went wheeling with you and nick after I moved back into town about two years ago.
Not going out... Selective to things that are relevant.

:flipoff2:

Hey ya'll. Figured I'd dump my current fleet of shitwagons in here. The crawler, the lake truck, and the stock bruiser.

Attachments

• 70391.jpeg
    70391.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 71760.jpeg
    71760.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200313_140018.jpg
    20200313_140018.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 9
Sure, why not. I soft wheel a '05 F150, a '93 W250 CTD, and a '73 Bronco, all somewhat in this picture.
IMG_1684.JPG

Also wheel on harder trails a '78 CJ5 and an '85 Yota'
IMG_1602.JPG

Puerco16.jpg
002_2_6.JPG

I still have these 5 and likely will for the foreseeable future. Had many others that I no longer own.

Top Back Refresh