What's new

What’s going to become of the police forces in our country?

Landslide

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Seems like there will be a police reform coking one way or the other. My thought is they want to disarm the police in our nation plus more. Make them like the Bobby’s in Europe. Only real difference there is Europe is an unarmed society.

I get the “a few bad pigs makes all pigs look bad” but you know it’ll be a blanket policy across the board for whatever comes down.

I think a lot of officers will throw in the towel. I’m not sure how they expect cops to handle a very violent situation unarmed like a domestic dispute. Bear pepper spray?

i dong think too highly of pigs myself as I’ve had more then my fair share of shitty encounters with them. I’m not a criminal and never have been and my skin ain’t black either. When I owned a 68 camero I was harassed for made up reasons all the time. Bought a pickup truck and all that stopped. There’s a bunch of other stuff not involving vehicles. Long story short, I don’t trust any law enforcement officers in any copacity.

Either way it’ll be interesting on what ends up happening.
​​​​​​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-order-on-tuesday/ar-BB15vXi6?ocid=spartanntp

MSN carrying a story from CNN highlighting trump signing EO regarding police reform. :rasta:

President Donald Trump is expected to sign an executive order on Tuesday to establish a national certification system for law enforcement agencies and a database to better track excessive uses of force by police officers nationwide, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.

The executive order is still being finalized, but the key provisions in the current draft of the executive order include modest directives with broad-based support intended to encourage higher standards among police departments while leaving the prospect of more significant police reform to Congress.

A source briefed on the text of the order said it is relatively muted when it comes to sweeping police reforms that have been discussed by members of both parties recently. The order mainly leans on lawmakers to do the heavy lifting, as the President has privately expressed caution about alienating police officers by going too far.

Well we know people can't police themselves. If all cops are more careful that is the best outcome but all I see happening is less people wanting to be cops and it having to pay better for it to be worth the hassle.

I think this will lead to police licensing, you behave like shit you won't be able to be rehired 4 towns over. Makes sense considering hair dressers and beauticians are licensed. I also think it will lead to more body cams and tighter oversight on some of these "problem" departments.

I think this will lead to police licensing, you behave like shit you won't be able to be rehired 4 towns over. Makes sense considering hair dressers and beauticians are licensed. I also think it will lead to more body cams and tighter oversight on some of these "problem" departments.

after having my eyes opened to think about it, it does make me wonder how this didn't already exist today. It's not like the technology isn't out there - they've been doing it in the medical field for how long now??

They will tear them down and rebrand them as something different and we will be right back where we are 2yrs from now.

Disbanding wont happen for any extended period because lefty's need the police to enforce their crazy number of laws, gun restrictions, taxes and mandates.

I'm glad they are talking about this, but like all extreme leftists they are fucking dipshits and cant make a coherent point or have a non emotional answer to what their alternative is.

end goal will be nationalization, I suspect.

Will there be un armed, watered down cops for the unwashed masses, and Paid "Serurity Details" for the ones that can afford it?
They will be the same Thugs with Guns that are out there now but be called something else.

I think finding the recruits we need to have, with the right temperament for the job will be damn near impossible, and the people who really want the job are going to be the people who should never have it.

What I would like to see is the end of NO KNOCK WARRANTS, police to lose protection from litigation, and a restructure of warrants and probable cause.

Last edited:
its all pretty interesting. They passed a bill with a ton of changes here in Colorado. I was mad at first since it seemed like a knee jerk reaction,. i then read the bill and could not believe most of this stuff wasn't in place prior to last weekend.

Body-worn cameras: Every officer in the state — with some exceptions for jail deputies in facilities that already have cameras, undercover officers and those in administrative positions — will have to use body-worn cameras by Jul 1, 2023. The cameras must be activated when officers are responding to calls for service. Police who purposely fail to activate their cameras or tamper with them could face criminal liability or other penalties. Footage will be required to be released within 21 days after an allegation of misconduct, or within 45 days if the release could jeopardize a criminal investigation.

Use of force: Chokeholds and carotid control holds will be banned. Carotid control holds are maneuvers in which officers bend their arms around a person’s neck and apply pressure on either side of the windpipe, which can lead to unconsciousness. The policy would require officers to only use force if absolutely necessary and deadly force can’t be used against someone for a minor or nonviolent offense. Officers can only use deadly force against someone fleeing from police if they pose an immediate risk to the officer or others, which advocates say is already case law.

Failure to intervene: An officer who fails to try to stop another from using excessive force could face a class 1 misdemeanor or greater charge. Officers will be protected from retaliation if they intervene.

Fired cops: Officers who plead guilty to or are convicted of an inappropriate use of force, failure to intervene to stop excessive force or found civilly liable for excessive force or failure to intervene will lose their Peace Officer Standards and Training board certification permanently. Beginning Jan. 1, 2022, the POST board will create and maintain a public database of officers who have been decertified, fired, found to be untruthful or repeatedly failed to follow training requirements.

Qualified immunity: The bill removes the qualified immunity defense, allowing people to bring civil rights claims in Colorado court. People who allege civil rights violations will be able to sue officers in their individual capacities. Officers determined not to have acted in good faith or with a reasonable belief that what they did was legal can be held personally liable for 5% of a judgment or settlement or $25,000, whichever is less.

Police prosecutions: The state attorney general has the authority to prosecute persistently bad departments and officers.

Protester protections: Officers will be prohibited from shooting rubber bullets indiscriminately into a crowd as well as targeting rubber bullet shots at someone’s head, torso or back. It also prevents officers from using tear gas before announcing it and giving time to for people to disperse.

Data tracking: Law enforcement agencies will have to send the state data on their use of force resulting in serious injury or death as well as stops, unannounced entries and use of firearms. Some demographic information will also be required. Agencies who don’t provide the information could put their funding in jeopardy.

brukeromtale_13.jpg

What will happen? Nothing. The majority of people are too happy to really force political change.

What should happen?
1. Remove Qualified immunity - If a cop uses excessive force they need to be held accountable just like anyone on the street. Once you step over that line of excessive, you're not acting as a police officer, you're a bully.
2. Conflict De-escalation and other training on a regular basis. If teachers need 4+years of college to handle children, police officers should need more than 9 weeks to handle misbehaving adults.
3. Reduce the role the police have in society - It should not be their job to handle many of the calls they respond to (i.e. speeding, parking tickets, misdemeanors, etc.) Obviously some agency would need to fill that role, but they don't need to be carrying guns and driving police cars.
4. Demilitarize the police - Kind of goes with the last point. Police shouldn't be in riot gear with armored cars fighting looters and protesters; that should be for the national guard. Police should handle felony arrests, investigations, and violent altercations.
5. Regulate ALL Federal/State/local public employee unions. If you're being paid by taxes, you need to be able to be fired for doing your job poorly (looks at DMV office).

I think finding the recruits we need to have, with the right temperament for the job will be damn near impossible, and the people who really want the job are going to be the people who should never have it.

What I would like to see is the end of NO KNOCK WARRANTS, police to lose protection from litigation, and a restructure of warrants and probable cause.

they are going to put the litigation costs on the departments and the unions. its going to drive taxes up even further. The departments will foot the bill for any and all protection in a court of law. if they dont, NO ONE will step up to be a policeman officer.

they are going to put the litigation costs on the departments and the unions. its going to drive taxes up even further. The departments will foot the bill for any and all protection in a court of law. if they dont, NO ONE will step up to be a policeman officer.

If the department foots the bill the officer is not accountable.

4. Demilitarize the police - Kind of goes with the last point. Police shouldn't be in riot gear with armored cars fighting looters and protesters; that should be for the national guard. Police should handle felony arrests, investigations, and violent altercations.

I like the idea of demilitarizing the police, but then I remember situations like the north hollywood shootout and wonder how they would be handled. I know that event lead to some escalation of firepower for the local PDs at the time. How do you see that type of situation being handled? Do you think the national guard could be mobilized quick enough?

Kevin

Cops need to learn how to fight, take the problem out with 2 or 3 moves, fat and wimpy cops wrasling on the ground then shooting the guy in back cause he whooped you and got away, twice, is bullshit .

I like the idea of demilitarizing the police, but then I remember situations like the north hollywood shootout and wonder how they would be handled. I know that event lead to some escalation of firepower for the local PDs at the time. How do you see that type of situation being handled? Do you think the national guard could be mobilized quick enough?

Kevin

it would be great if someone like the Sheriff had the equipment and the local police forces used the sheriff. it seems all local agencies have their own armored cars, and breaching equipment which i'd guess doesn't get used THAT often.

it would be great if someone like the Sheriff had the equipment and the local police forces used the sheriff. it seems all local agencies have their own armored cars, and breaching equipment which i'd guess doesn't get used THAT often.

Or you go back to a focused SWAT TEAM instead of a whole department/precinct full of "operators".

Cops need to learn how to fight, take the problem out with 2 or 3 moves, fat and wimpy cops wrasling on the ground then shooting the guy in back cause he whooped you and got away, twice, is bullshit .

Yeah, that will fix police brutality, teach them to fight.

Yeah, a 5'9" 50 year old cop, wearing a heavy vest, a polyester shirt, and who has had knee surgery and a bad back, is going to kick the ass of a 22 year old 6'6" back kid who is genetically superior, (from a muscular stand point) and a athlete. All we just gotta do is teach the cop a few super secrete ninja moves.

(Even if these ninja moves existed, the thug would be training on counter moves before the cop was even out of the academy)

Wait...... Am I being trolled?:confused:

Ending qualified immunity seems great on the surface, but what happens when it gets abused with frivolous lawsuits?

Ending qualified immunity seems great on the surface, but what happens when it gets abused with frivolous lawsuits?

I was wondering the same. I'm not for QI, but I can see the issues with not having it.

Will officers be less likely to engage? Dunno - one would have thought cameras would have been the precursor to that, but clearly not.
Will officers have to get "malpractice insurance?" probably.
Will officers demand higher compensation? definitley.

I mean, if you 1000 cops, and 10 are bad, then you've got a few bad cops.

If you have 1000 cops and 10 are bad, and the other 990 don't report them, then you've got 1000 bad cops.

Good chance.

Look at what happened to malpractice insurance for doctors. Will be similar

They will tear them down and rebrand them as something different and we will be right back where we are 2yrs from now.

Disbanding wont happen for any extended period because lefty's need the police to enforce their crazy number of laws, gun restrictions, taxes and mandates.

I'm glad they are talking about this, but like all extreme leftists they are fucking dipshits and cant make a coherent point or have a non emotional answer to what their alternative is.

Lefties need to have the Police because all of those nifty Lefty enclaves in cities are 100% dependent on Police protection to survive.

You're talking Trillions of dollars of Real Estate that evaporates overnight if they don't have cops busting every ne'er do well, thug, and hobo surrounding these enclaves.

I don't know if you've ever been in a sizable city or around these enclaves a lot, it would take some time to see it. There is a gentrified little Burg in the middle of this city, with high-end restaurants and shops, hipsters sipping coffee at sidewalk cafes, and you turn two blocks and it's Angola.

Both Economically and Socially, the Lefties are more dependent on the police than we are. By a lot. Like their entire existence is based on a strict and copious Policing.

If you haven't lived IN cities, you can understand what I'm saying but you have no idea how far this extends.

Duplicate.

There's massive data disruptions Nationwide today.

Lefties need to have the Police because all of those nifty Lefty enclaves in cities are 100% dependent on Police protection to survive.

You're talking Trillions of dollars of Real Estate that evaporates overnight if they don't have cops busting every ne'er do well, thug, and hobo surrounding these enclaves.

I don't know if you've ever been in a sizable city or around these enclaves a lot, it would take some time to see it. There is a gentrified little Burg in the middle of this city, with high-end restaurants and shops, hipsters sipping coffee at sidewalk cafes, and you turn two blocks and it's Angola.

Both Economically and Socially, the Lefties are more dependent on the police than we are. By a lot. Like their entire existence is based on a strict and copious Policing.

If you haven't lived IN cities, you can understand what I'm saying but you have no idea how far this extends.

I live 1hr outside Chicago, and my "village" has 75k people, so yes well aware of urban dynamics.

1. Don't shoot to kill.
2. Don't shoot a suspect running away drunk.
3. Be held accountable in front of 12.

Top Back Refresh