What's new

What’s going to become of the police forces in our country?

Fair enough. I'm not trying to downplay anyone's experiences.

. I'm in the Air Force, and I don't see anyone bitching about the number of military dead in the last 20 years. The thing is, nobody bats an eye because 'you know the risks'.

Can't say it's not the same for cops. I'm not asking that they get shot.

The amount of impunity that officers have is far too high. They ENFORCE the rules, they're not above the rules. That's all I'm saying.

I spent 14 years in the Marines, with combat tours to Basra and Fallujah, different years, so ive had my fair share of friends KIA. People don't bitch any.ore, because it's been going on so long, and the attention span of the general public is so short, that they've literally forgotten the cost in lives. There was a time when it seemed like every civilian I talked to asked me how I felt about Americans getting killed overseas for oil, and there was a time when the casualty count was a matter of public opinion. Not so much anymore, but the lives lost are still lost.

I did read your post, and I did see you mention you weren't advocating for cops to be shot; like I said, it's kind of a personal thing for me, and I did kind of fly off the handle there.

From the time a cop decides to shoot there is about a 1.5 -2.0 second lag to clear the holster and shoot. The person they are targeting can do all sorts of things in that time. Anything from charge them or turn and try to run. Or running to gain the space to pull a gun and shoot the officer with a Tazer which could lead to incapacitation and execution.

"Shoot to kill" is the only time they should be pulling their gun. When their life or someone elses is in immediate danger. "Shoot to wound" would lead to the next level of second guessing which would be "why did you have to wound him? Your life wasn't in danger..."

It's nice to see someone who understands the timing and decision making that has to go into a split second of whether to shoot or not. It's a bit of a long read, but I wrote a paper a while back addressing a few points on this subject. I actually got to have a conversation with Massad Ayoob via email; it was a pretty big honor to speak with him, even via email, considering who he is and what he's done for firearms in general, and law enforcement also.

https://dennhop.wordpress.com/2016/02/28/the-tueller-drill-a-reflection-on-relevancy/

why should being a cop be fun? it should be a respectable profession, but I feel like the ones calling it "fun" are the assholes shooting teargas into crowds of families or rubber bullets at press

Dont forget the fun of stealing money and assets from law abiding citizens because they MAY commit an illegal act in the future, or hassling people because a light isnt shining on their plate. Anyone who thinks it would be fun need to get their head checked.

I had a co worker that had a dream of becoming a cop, and got a job with the LAPD, he didnt even make it a year and came back. His reason "too much bullshit you have to put up with", yes that's the job description of a cop, dealing with bullshit all day. I dont know if he thought it was going to be like the beastie boys sabatoge video evrey day or what...

store clerk.JPG

why should being a cop be fun? it should be a respectable profession, but I feel like the ones calling it "fun" are the assholes shooting teargas into crowds of families or rubber bullets at press

you really don't think shooting rubber bullets at the press could ever be fun? :flipoff2: hell they are probably using that as a recruiting tool :lmao:

I worked as a 3rd shift 7-11 employee...Don't have to change my mind!

You didn't have to go somewhere to seek out the crazy, dangerous or impaired. They came right to us. 3AM is weird out there.

My dad helped get the Alb. fire dept unionised, untill they did, you could be hired , fired or promoted on whim of the firechief. After they unionised they instituted testing for promotions, and standardised testing for hiring, and you couldn't get fired just because the chief didn't like the car you drove.

The second time, the first time the mayor fired everyone associated with the union and started the FD from scratch, in the 20's IIRC. Being a little familiar with the AFD union:flipoff2: I'd say I've seen them spend thousands defending druggies or POS's that should have been fired. The hiring and promotional process has been drastically improved in it's equity though.....up until they decided to prioritize hiring certain groups over more qualified people that may not have fit the profile they were looking for.

Last edited:
The real problem is not the police, its the volumes filled with dumb laws that we ask the police to enforce.

The left isn't going to be happy until our cops are like cops in the UK. Armed with nothing more than a rape whistle. The criminals will love it and the public will pay the price as always.

Remember, this is the lefts answer to a made up problem that didn't exist. That's not really a good foundation to build upon.

If you don't enjoy your job, it ain't worth doing. I'm somewhat of a people person at times and I think it would be and interesting job that would always keep a person on their toes. At least pre-2000. You feel like? that's what got us into this mess, a bunch of people all up in their feelings. I think instead of fun, the term you're looking for is "power tripping". I think shooting is fun, and I just fling lead down range. I think off roading is fun, and I don't run mine through crowds of people on the street. Fun doesn't have to equate to wrongdoing.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...aign=nl&bcid=bfcab5f0c58b3691765086d28bfa5c1c

Harvard Professor’s Research Shows Media Its Responsibility for Black Deaths and the Media Told Him to Be Silent

The call to defund or even dissolve the police has reached heights that no sane person could have imagined it would. Luckily, once the calls started going up, research began into finding out what would really happen if we did. According to one Harvard professor, the results will be nothing short of deadly and the media, not the police, is far more to blame than many people understand.

According to the College Fix, Harvard economist Roland Fryer, the youngest black man to ever receive tenure at Harvard, warned that the elimination of police from various communities could result in thousands of black lives taken.

“Defunding the police is not a solution and could cost thousands of black lives,” Fryer told The College Fix.

Fryer continued, saying that the “streets are talking and we should listen” to the frustration being professed by many about the “big racial differences” in “almost every part of life.” However, after some in-depth research, Fryer’s data showed that without the police, things become a lot more fatal for the black community.

As The College Fix highlighted, Fryer concluded that the problem doesn’t actually lay with the police but with the virility of the shooting. In other words, how much national attention the shooting gets directly results in further felonies and fatalities:
Fryer and Harvard doctoral student Tanaya Devi studied “Pattern-or-Practice” investigations into viral incidents of alleged police brutality that involved a black person who died. Each reviewed video of these incidents had received at least 2 million views at the time of the study.

“Pattern-or-Practice” investigations are used by federal and state governments to mitigate unconstitutional police activity including, but not limited to, excessive force and racial bias.

According to the Harvard scholars’ working paper on the impact of these investigations into police activity on homicide and crime rates, published in early June, the investigations resulted in “almost 900 excess homicides and almost 34,000 excess felonies.”

This spike in the crime rate occurred over the course of two years in the five cities where those deaths and viral incidents occurred: Freddie Gray in Baltimore, Laquan McDonald in Chicago, Timothy Thomas in Cincinnati, Tyisha Miller in Riverside, California, and Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

While the underlying cause of this dramatic spike is unknown, Fryer and Devi hypothesize that it is caused by a substantial decrease in proactive police activity.​

According to Fryer, police officers do not want to be the next nationally infamous officer that shot someone and became the excuse for riots and protests to kick off. They begin avoiding interacting with their community in a proactive manner despite the fact that 911 call volumes and response times stay consistent, resulting in many more dead.

Certain shootings that did not result in national media attention did not cause fatality or felony rates to increase. While additional research is still needed to find the direct cause of the increase in homicides, the real culprit seems to be the media.

And the media, according to Fryer, isn’t wanting to give him the time of day about it. Fryer attempted to show his information to the media but was dismissed out of hand. According to the Harvard professor, the media has an “absolute refusal to grapple with the data,” and what’s more, there was an “insistence” that he shouldn’t publicize the data at all.

So what we have here is mounting evidence that the media’s involvement in the loss of black life in America is substantial and a professor attempting to show the media its fault. The media’s response was to not only ignore him but to encourage the professor to be silent about it.

Not long ago I wrote an article urging Americans to discontinue looking at the media as the public service that they claim themselves to be and more like a business with a vested interest in making you watch in order to generate more revenue. This is demonstrated very perfectly here.

The media wants to be looked at as a trusted household name that provides you up-to-the-minute news on any given situation. In truth, the media is too often a sensationalist storyteller that will feed you misinformation in order to generate fear and outrage. Should information like Fryer’s get out, the public may turn against the media’s handling of any given event and tune out.

The second time, the first time the mayor fired everyone associated with the union and started the FD from scratch, in the 20's IIRC. Being a little familiar with the AFD union:flipoff2: I'd say I've seen them spend thousands defending druggies or POS's that should have been fired. The hiring and promotional process has been drastically improved in it's equity though.....up until they decided to prioritize hiring certain groups over more qualified people that may not have fit the profile they were looking for.

Thank you for enlighting me. I only knew what I observed as a kid in the 60s!

If you don't enjoy your job, it ain't worth doing. I'm somewhat of a people person at times and I think it would be and interesting job that would always keep a person on their toes. At least pre-2000. You feel like? that's what got us into this mess, a bunch of people all up in their feelings. I think instead of fun, the term you're looking for is "power tripping". I think shooting is fun, and I just fling lead down range. I think off roading is fun, and I don't run mine through crowds of people on the street. Fun doesn't have to equate to wrongdoing.

I agree with that mindset, but can't fully agree that enjoying my job = having a fun job. Few people have a job that I'd think they call "fun". I like my job, like my coworkers, have fun joking around with my coworkers, but the end of the day it's still a job and i'm not there by choice. I also work in an office/shop so its different than dealing with general public on a daily basis.

there are cops out there that are good, not power tripping, and ARE having fun on the job. it's possible, look at the traffic cop that had something like 10,000 tickets issued and 0 complaints. He's out there being friendly, doing his job, and being real with the people while doing so. What's coming to light more and more are the ones that consider the shit going on now "fun" and are itching to get any sort of action.

What's coming to light more and more are the ones that consider the shit going on now "fun" and are itching to get any sort of action.

This has always been my concern with giving police depts military surplus hardware. They're just itching for an excuse to use it.

I agree with that mindset, but can't fully agree that enjoying my job = having a fun job. Few people have a job that I'd think they call "fun". I like my job, like my coworkers, have fun joking around with my coworkers, but the end of the day it's still a job and i'm not there by choice. I also work in an office/shop so its different than dealing with general public on a daily basis.

there are cops out there that are good, not power tripping, and ARE having fun on the job. it's possible, look at the traffic cop that had something like 10,000 tickets issued and 0 complaints. He's out there being friendly, doing his job, and being real with the people while doing so. What's coming to light more and more are the ones that consider the shit going on now "fun" and are itching to get any sort of action.

I don't disagree with that. And for the record, calling the cops for anything is last on my list of ways to handle issues. I've never called them, and only received a few tickets. Certainly nothing violent, but that's probably because of my white privilege. :homer:

When a person in power takes it to the level of believing that prayer can actually cure an AIDS outbreak, yes. Because there's no way his sky friend is going to do shit about that.

When you are already doing everything reasonable by man to resolve the problem, what is the issue of adding the benefit of prayer on top? Or does that whole aspect just creep you out?

Well in that case why not bring out some healing crystals, slaughter a goat, toss a virgin in a volcano, build a pyramid, and meditate in order to hedge our bets?
VP Pence suggested something completely unreasonable as a valid option for solving problems. Prayer is exactly as effective at solving problems as likes are on facebook.

positive mental attitude is directly related to healing in all facets.

if you get it from slaughtering a goat ceremoniously, do that instead. virgin in the volcano is a bit past the line of consenting adults not abridging the basic human rights of others, though.

When you are already doing everything reasonable by man to resolve the problem, what is the issue of adding the benefit of prayer on top? Or does that whole aspect just creep you out?

Some people are so insecure in their own beliefs that they can't let anyone believe something that they don't understand. They have an irrational need to tell the other person that they are wrong because deep down they know that if they themselves are wrong then they have spent their entire lives living a lie. So the only way to live with themselves is to belittle and poke fun of those they don't understand. Much like Antifa, BLM, Hollywood Elites, and the MSM.

Yes risky lifestyles like receiving a blood transfusion, or somebody whose spouse cheated on them without knowing. There's more neighbors at risk than the ones your pastor tells you to hate. (in a very jesus like manner of course)

Hey fuckhead show me where I claimed to be religious , just asking why you such a kunt about it.:flipoff2:

If it quacks, waddles, and looks like a duck...

I'm just annoyed at the slack jawed "it don't matter because it's all just homofaggotry and heroin which is also faggotry coming back to give them what they deserve" line.

So I get it you're a faggot , say no more , now fuck off you cuck.

I'm done responding to you snowflake , so get your last word in you little bitch , but I'm done entertaining your stupidity.

Being a Cop is not even a Top 10 most dangerous job in America.
  1. loggers
  2. fishers
  3. pilots
  4. roofers
  5. garbageman
  6. truck driver
  7. farmer
  8. iron worker
  9. construction
  10. landscaping
Those 10 jobs shuffle around the list, except for the top 2 which are always the top 2.

Cop has never been more than the 14th most dangerous job in America, ever.

Firefighters were #24 and cops were #18 in 2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ften/38832907/

According to that one:

Fishing 100 per 100,000
LEO 12.7 per 100,000

Almost every single person on this board has had a job more dangerous than LEO, I have had several. I have credibly have 9 jobs more dangerous than LEO on that list. Mostly electricity, construction, trucking, and groundskeeping.

When a person in power takes it to the level of believing that prayer can actually cure an AIDS outbreak, yes. Because there's no way his sky friend is going to do shit about that.

As evidenced by its complete disappearance from the planet. Behold the power of prayer.

Behold the power of " who gives a fuck " about people who live the risky life style, not a big loss.

Yes risky lifestyles like receiving a blood transfusion, or somebody whose spouse cheated on them without knowing. There's more neighbors at risk than the ones your pastor tells you to hate. (in a very jesus like manner of course)

More importantly, 10-20% of Europeans, and even higher among Scandis, have the CCR5-Delta 32 gene which confers complete immunity from HIV.

Scandinavia suffered successive waves of Hemmorrhagic Fever epidemics up until the late 19th Century. The rest of Europe less so. Basically the Swedes were up there puking their GI tracts out in great gouts of blood and gore for about 600 years.

In some Nordic populations, HIV immunity could be as high as 33%.

So I guess you could say... we're God's Chosen People.

Top Back Refresh