What's new

What’s for supper?

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
Our daughter has to make a few different meals, sides, desserts for her foods class so tonight I helped her make chicken noodle soup and Italian salad. She’s going to make cookies later. We have a few other things planned for throughout the week.

IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0308.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg

Nice. :smokin: When the boy took cooking in high school, we ate pretty damn good. He was really good at cooking and it helped spur us to venture out and do better.

amd it’s called dinner. :flipoff2:

Dinner vs Supper is definitely a regional thing. I'll have to dive into some of my old school manners books to see what they say.

And, at first glimpse I thought your daughter was making bacon soup. The way the red onion showed in the bottom of the pot looked like a whole lot of fat-back. :homer:

There are several ingredients that can punch a dish. Heavy Cream, real butter, and bacon. Note, all are fats which is why it works.

That said, I can only imagine a nice hearty bowl of scratch chicken soup with some crumbled bacon on top.
On mission!

1703003182492.png

Mrs brought home some roasted chicken breast yesterday.

Tonight, she was/is working late. Neither one of us was terribly hungry, but we needed food.

I shredded the chicken and put it in cream of chicken soup. Then I made instant potatoes. We mixed the two.
Nothing exciting, it was kind of like a thick chicken soup :homer:

Top Back Refresh