What's new

Were you allowed to party at your house with your parents home underage? What age?

Were you allowed to party at your house with your parents home underage? Explain?

• Yes

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
No....I cared enough to not get my ass beat. And partying with or without them underage was not gonna happen.

I look back on it now and thank them for not being shitty parents. Parents should be just that to their kids, parents. Not their cool friends
So you think parents were shitty because they didn't parent like yours?

My parents weren't my friends and I got my ass beat. Alcohol nor my parents were the cause of those beatings, it was me.

Don't be so quick to judge with blanket statements, there's cultures, regions, traditions, maturity, age, responsibility, respect, and individuality among other many aspects that come into play.

So you think parents were shitty because they didn't parent like yours?

My parents weren't my friends and I got my ass beat. Alcohol nor my parents were the cause of those beatings, it was me.

Don't be so quick to judge with blanket statements, there's cultures, regions, traditions, maturity, age, responsibility, respect, and individuality among other many aspects that come into play.
You were the one who said I didn't care. I never judged you or accused you of anything.

In fact, I'm not judging anyone. But a lot of kids are absolute shit now. And a lot of it has to do with parents being friends and not parents. That's just fact

Reactions: DMG
You were the one who said I didn't care. I never judged you or accused you of anything.

In fact, I'm not judging anyone. But a lot of kids are absolute shit now. And a lot of it has to do with parents being friends and not parents. That's just fact
You judged everyone's parents with your initial statement there Bub. You're still judging from your perspective based off of assumptions.

You judged everyone's parents with your initial statement there Bub. You're still judging from your perspective based off of assumptions.

You took offense to me saying "no....my parents cared".

Not once did I say your parents, or anyone else's were shitty. Only you know that answer.

I'm not assuming anything on my other posts. I was stating facts

Reactions: DMG
You took offense to me saying "no....my parents cared".

Not once did I say your parents, or anyone else's were shitty. Only you know that answer.

I'm not assuming anything on my other posts. I was stating facts
Once again, you shouldn't be so quick to judge what caring looks like from your perspective which is exactly what you did, fact.

No fucking way would I have ever had a party at my parents house. It wasn't because my dad would have killed me, which he would have, it was because of what we did at other houses that had parties.
In highschool me and my close group of friends would go to parties for one reason.....to fight. The fighting would always result in houses being trashed.

Had a couple friends who's parents would get high with us. Always thought it was strange.
Tried to have a conversation with a buddies mom about a minute after shooting up a quarter g of coke once.....that was interesting.

Nope, didn't have my first beer til my high school graduation party and I only had a couple that night. My parents weren't overly strict but they would not have let me sit around and drink. I appreciate that though. I did more than my fair share of drinking and fucking off once I left for college and my GPA when I graduated reflects that. I didn't need to start fucking up any earlier

After the age of 18 yes. After I signed up for the draft my father was all, if you can die for your country...

Yes, but our parties were never huge. Mostly just a small group drinking at my parents’ house for the night.

Definitely no orgies.

Went to parties in fields and what not.

Looking back, my parents kind of had the dont ask dont tell policy at our house. Funny though, because I didn't drink or do anything bad all through highschool, I just didn't like doing any of that stuff yet. However I had lots of friends that would come over that did. Our house was kind of the hang out spot for all my friends in our small town (large property, we were all into mudding, and lots of fun shit to do around the house). We all tried weed behind my dad's shop my sophomore year of school. They did how ever have one VERY strict rule and that we were not allowed to leave the property once they went to bed, so any of my friends who weren't staying had to leave when they went to bed along with any girls we had over.

There were 2 party families in our small town that were wild and allowed under-age drinking at their houses. One was a single mom and her daughter and she had that overly friendly relationship with her daughter. One of the creepiest things ever was at one of her parties I went to, her daughter was getting smashed in her room and you could hear it throughout the house, her mom started making jokes and kept trying to talk us all into opening the door and surprising her.... looking back on that, there was nothing ok about that scenario. The other family, was one of my best friends and his dad didn't give 2 shits what kids did at his house. His dad was an absolute fucking perv, they had a hot tub in the back yard and his dad always tried to get the girls to skinny dip or atleast take tops off we're talking 15-17 year olds....

I think there is a difference between responsible parents allowing their kids to have a beer or maybe sneak a beer and look the other way and parents who allow kids to have a huge party.

As a father of 3 daughters I am trying really hard to make our house the hang out spot where I can have control over what happens at our house. I dont want my kids to not have fun or experience things, but I'd rather it happen at our house where it's a safe controlled environment. I'm hoping to have a similar deal as my parents had with me such as the unspoken dont ask dont tell policy they had, but also be in enough control that they dont get hurt.

i wasn’t cool enough and didn’t have enough friends to party at home. A friend’s mom would buy and we weren’t allowed to leave. Wife and I have decided we will be doing the same if our child wants to drink with friends.

I don’t recall being recruited by a woman and encouraged to have sex with girls she recruited to a party. I was on my own to not get laid for high school.

In highschool me and my close group of friends would go to parties for one reason.....to fight. The fighting would always result in houses being trashed.

This was the very uncool drunk dude that rarely came just to "show his ass". They were immediately met and dealt with accordingly. The term "Redneck" was used in my day as a degrading word to put guys like you on the most lowest of levels. You sir would have been called a blunt right out redneck and would not have fit in nowhere around my day.

We were 99% un-like you. Only a couple guys liked to fight and they won some lost some. But I know of one that probably regrets fuckin with the wrong guy and took a nose dive on concrete to spend the rest of his life as a Jack-o-lantern from early age. But dude fought every chance he got after that. We think he was just messed up in the brain. And last I heard he had orders to leave the state after bashing his girlfriend's face in. Such a dick move...

I just have to ask what made you such a redneck??? Why did you do that shit?

In HS keg parties were common if parents were not home and there were plenty with parents home. The kids who had keg parties when their parents were home always had older brothers and sisters who had already broken the parents down. Generally speaking the parents kept to themselves but there were a few where the parents wanted to hang out with the kids, that was weird. No sex was ever allowed if parents were home. At cottages it was madness if parents were there or not.

This was the very uncool drunk dude that rarely came just to "show his ass". They were immediately met and dealt with accordingly. The term "Redneck" was used in my day as a degrading word to put guys like you on the most lowest of levels. You sir would have been called a blunt right out redneck and would not have fit in nowhere around my day.

We were 99% un-like you. Only a couple guys liked to fight and they won some lost some. But I know of one that probably regrets fuckin with the wrong guy and took a nose dive on concrete to spend the rest of his life as a Jack-o-lantern from early age. But dude fought every chance he got after that. We think he was just messed up in the brain. And last I heard he had orders to leave the state after bashing his girlfriend's face in. Such a dick move...

I just have to ask what made you such a redneck??? Why did you do that shit?

Damn, did I bring up bad memories for you? My take a way from what you posted is that you were a pussy. That's cool, someone always has to be.

As far as being a redneck. I grew up in San Diego. We were stoners who surfed and rode dirt bikes. We also liked to fight. Not sure how that makes me a redneck. But if it upsets you, I'll call it a win.

Now fuck off.

my parents were boring as fuck and there were no parties at my house growing up that I would have been able to drink it. It was just my dad coming home drunk every night.

Had the situation came up, I probably would have been allowed to. But I hated beer back then and that's definitely all we had.

Damn, did I bring up bad memories for you? My take a way from what you posted is that you were a pussy. That's cool, someone always has to be.

As far as being a redneck. I grew up in San Diego. We were stoners who surfed and rode dirt bikes. We also liked to fight. Not sure how that makes me a redneck. But if it upsets you, I'll call it a win.

Now fuck off.
What I would call a surfer punk. I spent half a year at the coast my freshman. Total different breed.

Out in the yard is one thing. We had a couple of jack asses that liked to crash little girls parties just to trash the hell out of their parent's houses. That was way uncool. Spoiled it for the rest of us for any future parties.

What I would call a surfer punk. I spent half a year at the coast my freshman. Total different breed.

Out in the yard is one thing. We had a couple of jack asses that liked to crash little girls parties just to trash the hell out of their parent's houses. That was way uncool. Spoiled it for the rest of us for any future parties.

I beat you up a long time ago didn't I?:lmao:

At my Dads house, only when he was not there during the day when we would ditch. Hell, I got busted by my uncle having a full blown beer guzzling, quarters, pyramid beer can stack on the counter which fell over when my uncle entered the front door party, probably 20-30 people in the house. Not the only one we had at my dads house but the only one I got caught for.

at a few of my friends houses. Different story, the parents would buy us anything we had the money for , booze wise, only stipulation was we stayed on the property. Hey, that did not happen, they would go to bed and we would take off to do whatever shenanigans we wanted to that night. LOL. Good times. Not shit that you could get away with these days.

My father died when I was 11, so I never got the chance to "party" with him. He'd given up drinking when I was born but in the last year or so of his life he'd gotten back into it on occasion. Stole my first cigarette from my old man when I was 10, started smoking regularly after he died a year later.

My mom was never a fan of drinking/smoking weed, but would do so on occasion. I started "partying" around 12, first by stealing shots from a bottle of gin my mom had hid under the sink, then a year or so later a few friends from school and I would find ways to get alcohol, usually someone's older brother or stepdad, and usually drink in the woods or at my one friends house whose parents didn't give a fuck. They didn't smoke/drink, but they didn't care either. Was in the projects, so take that for what it's worth.

I remember smoking weed with several of my friends parents as well as my own mother a couple times, but that was after I'd started smoking it regularly and she knew I did it. Most adults were more hesitant to buy/give us alcohol than to smoke/sell weed to us honestly, so at least where i'm at getting weed was way easier than alcohol when I was underage. Everywhere carded for alcohol, but I could buy my own cigarettes from the time I was 15.

My mom would let me have friends over and we'd party in my room, but usually it wasn't drinking it was weed. Can't recall having any drinking parties at my house in high school with my mom's permission, although there were many times when she wasn't home that I did invite people over to drink. My mom had the attitude of "You're a teenager, you're going to do whatever you want regardless if I try and stop you, I can't watch you 24/7" and basically let me do whatever I wanted. Never bummed money off my mom either, always had money saved up from mowing, raking leaves, etc. etc. I was often the one to "provide" the party, at least with some friends, they'd provide the place and I'd provide the booze (i.e. they were broke and I couldn't have drinking parties at home with my mom home).

So I personally was allowed to party and basically do what I wanted in the house (mom wouldn't buy me alcohol, either) but I wasn't allowed to have kids drinking there (at least while she was home...) but had many parties blazing it up in my bedroom.

I snuck a few girls during high school and fingered/fucked them on the couch while my mom and brother were asleep upstairs (shared a room...) but they were just pieces of ass, not girls I was dating. We didn't have sex parties, nor did my mom "set me up" with any girls. Would've been awkward as fuck with my mom in the house... Luckily I started driving the day I turned 16 and had a truck so getting out of the house wasn't difficult.

Once again, you shouldn't be so quick to judge what caring looks like from your perspective which is exactly what you did, fact.

It looks like he really struck a nerve.

My parents were divorced when i was a teen and I lived with my dad. He went on business trips frequently so that was when the parties happened. He wouldnt have tolerated it when he was around.

I drank and smoked the Jane at the age of 12 for about a year with my older brother. Quit cold turkey. I didn’t start drinking again until I was 16 on occasion. I would have bonfires and drinking at my house thru my senior year in high school and my parents were aware of it. It was more of a chill environment there. The house parties in fields and other people’s houses was another story :flipoff2: By the age of 18 when I was off to college and visiting back home, my parents weee aware I had stepped up my drinking. :homer:

Now fuck off.

The biggest pussies were the tough guys that were only tough when they had their buddies with them.

Any of you fucking dorks go somewhere alone or where you were out numbered and start shit?

Probably not.

Dance parties at my parents house - we were 12 and 13.
Parents would be pretty invisible and we danced real close to the slow jams :)

Not really, just reiterating the point because it obviously was missed multiple times.

You also shouldn't be so quick to judge.
You keep accusing people of being quick to judge. Are you sure you know what it means?

The biggest pussies were the tough guys that were only tough when they had their buddies with them.

Any of you fucking dorks go somewhere alone or where you were out numbered and start shit?

Probably not.
Its pretty clear some of you guys got your ass kicked a few times and never got over it. I knew a couple of groups of guys who were into the fight thing, once 2 of the groups met up at a party and it was not pretty. I was at a party in my late 20's with about 30 people. We were blind drunk late at night and a handful of guys and girls showed up as things were starting to wind down, and it turns out none of us knew any of them. No tension between anyone and then all hell broke loose. Suddenly it was over and they all were gone. They didn't leave a thing behind, their girls picked up all their stuff as the brawl was going on, it was winter so everyone had coats. Looking around the party room was trashed and all of us were licking wounds. I had a bruise with the imprint from a folding chair across my back that took weeks to go away. Ah the good old days lol.

I suspect most parents knew it and either secretly supported it or just looked the other way, but one of my running buddies had wealthy parents, they had a nice place with a big 4+ bay garage. One bay was semi closed off, with a pool table, jukebox, and automotive kitsch everywhere, everyone's seen the poster of hot chicks in the bed of a truck, with the tag line "haulin' ass," that kind of stuff. There was also an RC Cola machine full of beer cans.

My friend's parents were very much of the mind set, they'd rather their kids party at home, and extended that policy to his friends. There's no way most of our parents didn't know what was going on. I was a "good kid" though, and my parents trusted me.

I was an outlier amongst most of my friends, I had tried various forms of alcohol, but didn't like it, on top of having a pretty religious, alcohol is the devil, family, so I was pretty well the permanent designated driver amongst my cronies. I didn't even drink on my 21st birthday, I ate about 5 lbs of crawdads to celebrate.

Even today I hate the taste of alcohol, so all of the hard stuff is out. I can drink the fru-fru girly drinks, but they're often too sweet and I don't like pineapple. Beer is pretty much the only alcohol I occasionally consume too this day.

So even having access to a safe place that accepted/condoned underage drinking, it never caught on with me.

Top Back Refresh