What's new

Were you allowed to party at your house with your parents home underage? What age?

Were you allowed to party at your house with your parents home underage? Explain?

• Yes

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Here4memes

Member Number
This got me thinking. I know the sex part is probably out as far as within parents knowledge / especially all out orgies if this was the case. But I was exposed at very early age to drinking at home. Think 13 but I had older brothers and sisters to get it for me. My parents would rather me drink at home if I was able to buy it myself than to be out somewhere in public. I even had a couple all out parties with my parents home later in high school. Most everybody had fake ID's back then when they were easy to make. And most drive through beer joints always took the risk. Hell I even notched a few notches on my bedpost in my bedroom without my parents knowing. Except one I do believe they had to know and was probably just too embarrassed to say anything after the fact. But it was common at my high school to party at home. Some kids at school had a party every weekend with their parents home. And a selective few of us even smoked pot with our parents.

Am I old school or does this seem more offensive to ya'll than I think it's being made out to be? I could see her slipping off with a blind eye and basically "not knowing" about the sex. Like going in her room to watch TV while the kids had fun downstairs.

Not just no, but absolutely no. My parents were(are) hardcore type 2 Southern Baptist and any form of alcohol will send you straight to hell. All sin is equal in God's eyes, but in the church's eyes drinking is right up there with rape, murder, and child molestation.

*the above applied to our church, not all baptists or Christians in general

No, but I had several friends who were a yes. It all just depends.

Orgies? Nobody I know was allowing that. Half the reason was to discourage sex and the other half drunk driving and the other half overdose

No way in hell they'd let me have a party at their place especially not with underage drinking. The only time my parents have even seen me drink is in my own home.

Last edited:
Drinking at parents' houses when they were home were pretty common occurances in Los Gatos back when I grew up there. I lived in the boonies though so all we needed was a field to party - a house meant more shit to break.

No parents were getting any of us laid however.

I was always a mommas boy and I never really partied or drank until I was 17 and she died unexpectedly. My dad was much older than she was ( his second marriage/set of kids) and he never was much of a parent, but a huge provider. So when that happen I hit booze pretty hard. He knew we were drinking and smoking and let it go on as long as we didn't wake him up. I got a fake ID and got to know the guys at the liquor store on a first name basis (and they knew full and well I was under age.) I mean we were having keg parties in the basement often and 20-30 people wasn't unusual.

Did we ever had sex parties? No, but people were certainly getting laid. We use to play strip poker with the cheerleaders all the time...and of course the guys cheated and worked together

Did we do some dumb stuff? Absolutely.

All that said and done- thank goodness there was no social media or smart phones back then.

My folks were divorced and my Dad and Step mom would not let us drink at all. Well Step Mom wouldn't anyway. First time I ever got drunk was with my dad. :laughing:

My mom and step dad on the other hand knew we drank and Mom told me if I was gonna drink to stay where I was instead of driving. I never have been much of a drinker and it never really was an issue. I did have people over after my graduation where we finished off the keg.

No, nor did I allow it when we had kids at home. I am way more strict than my wife when it comes to that.

Not just no, but absolutely no. My parents were(are) hardcore type 2 Southern Baptist and any form of alcohol will send you straight to hell. All sin is equal in God's eyes, but in the church's eyes drinking is right up there with rape, murder, and child molestation.

*the above applied to our church, not all baptists or Christians in general
My aunt and uncle owned a beer store with a drive through and they showed me receipts of most the locals that went to the local Southern Baptist Church when I was corned one Sunday. One of the members pointed out to me in front of everybody that my aunt and uncle owned a bar. My aunt was furious when I told her. She threatened to post the receipts on the bulletin board but didn't. You'd be surprised who goes through drive thru's. Southern Baptist is the biggest bunch of Hippocrates ever.

The music director owned a small beer store.

My parents knew I was drinking at 16. They always told me to just call if I needed a ride, not that I ever did. Around 18 I started drinking at home with a few friends on the weekends and they let it slide. We never had any all out ragers while they were home, just while they were away. They didnt supply alcohol nor were they pimping any girls out to us. We had to do all that on our own.

My aunt and uncle owned a beer store with a drive through and they showed me receipts of most the locals that went to the local Southern Baptist Church when I was corned one Sunday. One of the members pointed out to me in front of everybody that my aunt and uncle owned a bar. My aunt was furious when I told her. She threatened to post the receipts on the bulletin board but didn't. You'd be surprised who goes through drive thru's. Southern Baptist is the biggest bunch of Hippocrates ever.

The music director owned a small beer store.
Biggest bunch of Greek Physicians?

My parents knew I was drinking at 16. They always told me to just call if I needed a ride, not that I ever did. Around 18 I started drinking at home with a few friends on the weekends and they let it slide. We never had any all out ragers while they were home, just while they were away. They didnt supply alcohol nor were they pimping any girls out to us. We had to do all that on our own.
We were very mature at my high school. Parties usually consisted of Ping Pong tournaments and horse shoes.

Orgies? Nobody I know was allowing that. Half the reason was to discourage sex and the other half drunk driving and the other half overdose
Yea I'm too old for that, the wild sex orgy shit was the younger kids "Gen Y". Small town Gen X only got laid if it was a serious GF or some road whore.

Not a snow balls chance in hell would that happen at my folks house.

My mom bought for me a couple of times on the terms that I wouldn't drive or ride with anyone who was drinking. And I stuck too that. Also never got toooo out of hand when at people's houses. Now mountain parties. Those would get a bit wild

Can’t answer honestly about where. I’ve been socially drinking alcohol since I was 14. Had several good hosts that made sure we didn’t get into trouble. Friends and I got blackout drunk and none of got DUI’s. Our class mates who didn’t have good hosts did get DUI’s, killed themselves, killed other people.

By the time I was 21 I didn’t GAF about alcohol, no taboo about it. I was fully immersed in chasing tail instead. Moral of the story, let your kids get violently sick on alcohol at home if you want to prevent them from doing it after they move out. Pussy is an addiction far more costly and dangerous than drugs n alcohol.

No way in hell they'd let me have a party at their place especially not with underage drinking. The only time my parents have even seen me drink is on my own home.
Werd. I'll drink around them, like a beer or two tops but back then? FUUUUUCK no. :lmao:. I threw some killer parties while they were gone though. :laughing:

I guess 18 counts as underage, I got an apartment with my friend at 17, plenty of technically underage drinking there, but we were independent so it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned

Parents were against drinking but likely knew that I was coming home drunk. It's odd because I was 16-18 and driving. You'd think that they'd intervene or their heads were in the sand.

My son is 15. I don't treat alcohol as taboo. We rarely drink at home, but occasionally have a few. He is welcome to have a cider, his favorite, with us. On occasion he has asked for a single on his own. I allow it. I suspect that he'll be a more responsible drinker during his 20s than I was.

Hells to the no. My parents weren't big drinkers and took the ostrich approach to whatever I may have been doing.

Heard stories about these kinds of parties from kids that grew up a lot more privileged than I did, so I'm inclined to think it's more an affluence thing.

Starting about 16. Our house was the hang out house for our rural neighbors kids. Pool table and darts in the basement. Folks knew we were drinking but didn't provide any, we were on our own to get it. Most everybody was driven home after or crashed there.
My folks threw some good country folk parties, fish fry's, pig roasts etc. Most of my friends folks were in the "Corn Club" redneck version of a country club. So parents and older teenagers drinking at the same party was fairly common. Sex was not seen or encouraged. I had a pretty good growing up and learning how to drink and not be an ass or drive drunk was kind of a community controlled thing. God help you if were caught being a drunken fool by one of the other neighbors. Back then getting a whipping or an ass chewing by a neighbor was allowed hell even encouraged. I think it was a better way than today. Maybe my old age.

Starting about 16. Our house was the hang out house for our rural neighbors kids. Pool table and darts in the basement. Folks knew we were drinking but didn't provide any, we were on our own to get it. Most everybody was driven home after or crashed there.
My folks threw some good country folk parties, fish fry's, pig roasts etc. Most of my friends folks were in the "Corn Club" redneck version of a country club. So parents and older teenagers drinking at the same party was fairly common. Sex was not seen or encouraged. I had a pretty good growing up and learning how to drink and not be an ass or drive drunk was kind of a community controlled thing. God help you if were caught being a drunken fool by one of the other neighbors. Back then getting a whipping or an ass chewing by a neighbor was allowed hell even encouraged. I think it was a better way than today. Maybe my old age.
My parents knew the other kids parents so it was all mutual with them as well. I'm getting the impression it must have been the more back-woods type of kids that were the responsible casual drinkers from early age with the adults.

Drinking at parents' houses when they were home were pretty common occurances in Los Gatos back when I grew up there. I lived in the boonies though so all we needed was a field to party - a house meant more shit to break.

No parents were getting any of us laid however.
Where in "los gatos" did you live/party?

We drank and partied without parents. The parents who were down for us to party while they were home, would also be blasting lines with us, doing mushrooms, acid...whatever.

I'm not sure how we will approach it.

Nope. We had to go into the woods and drink cheap beer and cheap vodka like normal redneck teenagers.

For my kid... I have no idea what we will do. I have a while to plan for that.

Yes, had an all night graduation keg party with a big bon fire in the back yard a month or so before graduation. I was 17 :flipoff2:
Other than the graduation parties around town, we had to go into the woods with a keg and/or Boons Farm wine and some weed like normal redneck kids. Oh and we would float down the river on inner tubes with beers and Boons Farm....the chicks loved the Boons Farm wine. :smokin:
Also the drinking age back then was 18
I really feel bad for kids today.
Dim lights, thick smoke and loud loud music.................we had a couple of bars we "got into" partly because of my size and maturity, I was ahead of the curve at 16-17, after I got married at 19 it all went sideways..:lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh