What's new

Well then, this isn't an abuse :homer:

Provience

Kill!
Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-searched-maryland-home-after-bb-guns-spotted-during-childs-online-class-report-says/ar-BB15pdNo?ocid=spartanntp

A Baltimore County mother says police showed up unannounced and searched her home earlier this month after someone spotted BB guns hanging on the wall of her 11-year-old child’s bedroom as he was taking an online class through his elementary school.

“So, I answered the door. The police officer was, he was very nice. He explained to me that he was coming to address an issue with my son's school,” Lancaster told WBFF. “And then explained to me that he was here to search for weapons, in my home. And I consented to let him in. And then I, unfortunately, stood there and watched police officers enter my 11-year-old son's bedroom.”

The officers reportedly found no violations and left after 20 minutes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-searched-maryland-home-after-bb-guns-spotted-during-childs-online-class-report-says/ar-BB15pdNo?ocid=spartanntp

She fucked up by letting them in the house. I’ve told cops to fuck off and slammed the door in their face. They wanted to come in and look for my roommate. I told them to get fucked.

Depends on the place and approach, but I imagine there could be a situation where the school is pissing their pants enough to the point where the cops may consider it extinuiating(?) circumstances and have that justify entry into the home despite your object and refusal to allow a search. Possible or no?

Depends on the place and approach, but I imagine there could be a situation where the school is pissing their pants enough to the point where the cops may consider it extinuiating(?) circumstances and have that justify entry into the home despite your object and refusal to allow a search. Possible or no?

No warrant they can fuck right off.

She fucked up by letting them in the house. I’ve told cops to fuck off and slammed the door in their face. They wanted to come in and look for my roommate. I told them to get fucked.

This. There was no abuse since she consented. All she had to do was say NO.

Amazing the person doing the ratting (presumably the feacher) goes scott free...
Fubar

Since we're sharing these stories:

Some guy put his car into the ditch at my house out in the woods. He came to my house to make a call (before cell phones) and I let him use the phone and leave.

Two hours later a cop shows up, pulls right into my driveway, lights flashing. I opened the door, figuring it was to do with the crash, and my dogs got out. GSD and a mutt, running around the car barking. Cop, young guy, rolls down his window and YELLS at me: "Put those dogs in the house!" in his best 'arrest a felon' voice.

I said to him from the door of course :laughing: "No, you're going to have to sit in the car!" Looked him dead in the eye too, all challenging like.

I saw him make the decision to leave. He just rolled his window up and left 🤣

He gave me a look though :laughing: Never had problem with the cops in that town either.

This. There was no abuse since she consented. All she had to do was say NO.

it's abuse of the system to make the call about a long arm in the home, regardless spring powered or not.

it's abuse of the system to follow through with that by request an armed inspection.

it's abuse to intimidate and hide the reason for the knock.

there have been court cases where simply granting consent to a search is upheld as not enough justification. :rasta:

In todays society, it was a check. Cops showed up, checked it out, all was good. Hardly news worthy. They had consent, they did their job. No issues.

somebody help me out with the name of the gal who was playing video games with her niece or nephew, cops showed up to perform a check and shot her to death through her back window from her back yard.

just a check....

edit: hell, also just a check in Baltimore last year or so, cops show up predawn at 4:30 and knock on the door. man answers the door armed (because it is early as fuck) scuffle ensues within moments because "he's got a gun" and the cops shoot him to death in his entry way

just a check....

No warrant they can fuck right off.

You must have missed the most important thing I said. "extinuiating(?) circumstances" = no warrant needed.

As far as "check". That white lady got shot and killed by a cop just because she approached his car and he got scared. You guessed it, Minneapolis.
It was also just a "check" for a bbgun when the white unarmed guy got shot and killed in the hotel hallway, too.

You must have missed the most important thing I said. "extinuiating(?) circumstances" = no warrant needed.

As far as "check". That white lady got shot and killed by a cop just because she approached his car and he got scared. You guessed it, Minneapolis.
It was also just a "check" for a bbgun when the white unarmed guy got shot and killed in the hotel hallway, too.

the kid playing in his front yard with a dart or cap gun? yup, he's dead.

just a check

I lived in an apartment in Hawaii when my son was 1. We were playing with one of those 0.99 bouncy balls from the grocery store having a blast. One of the neighbors heard his laughing and screaming and called the cops that their neighbor down stairs was abusing their kid.

6 fucking cops show up to my door citing needing to enter for a welfare check on behalf of CPS. I'm confused as fuck, tell them they have the wrong house and to fuck off. They keep telling to open the door for a welfare check. They say they are coming in no matter what. As soon as I unlocked the door it was kicked into my face, I was thrown down on the couch, coffee table knocked over, koolaid and Doritos all over the place. Kid is in his play pen in the corner of the living room screaming and crying, I'm in cuffs on MY fucking couch, in MY fucking living room while Jack boots go through my entire house looking for anything to take me in on, all under the lie of some bullshit welfare check based on a call from the neighbors.

My kid hadn't shed a single tear until those motherfuckers showed up. But cried off and on the rest of the day. Guess who got to clean up the red koolaid and Doritos from my beige carpet that the fucking pigs tracked through the house? ME, taking even more time from my son.

I got the police report, officers names, even knew which neighbors called the pigs, no fucking lawyers would touch it. It was all 100% legal.

Fuck. The. Police.

I lived in an apartment in Hawaii when my son was 1. We were playing with one of those 0.99 bouncy balls from the grocery store having a blast. One of the neighbors heard his laughing and screaming and called the cops that their neighbor down stairs was abusing their kid.

6 fucking cops show up to my door citing needing to enter for a welfare check on behalf of CPS. I'm confused as fuck, tell them they have the wrong house and to fuck off. They keep telling to open the door for a welfare check. They say they are coming in no matter what. As soon as I unlocked the door it was kicked into my face, I was thrown down on the couch, coffee table knocked over, koolaid and Doritos all over the place. Kid is in his play pen in the corner of the living room screaming and crying, I'm in cuffs on MY fucking couch, in MY fucking living room while Jack boots go through my entire house looking for anything to take me in on, all under the lie of some bullshit welfare check based on a call from the neighbors.

My kid hadn't shed a single tear until those motherfuckers showed up. But cried off and on the rest of the day. Guess who got to clean up the red koolaid and Doritos from my beige carpet that the fucking pigs tracked through the house? ME, taking even more time from my son.

I got the police report, officers names, even knew which neighbors called the pigs, no fucking lawyers would touch it. It was all 100% legal.

Fuck. The. Police.

This was in Hawaii when I told the cops to fuck off. My roommate crashed his motorcycle on the Pali highway. Apparently he had left the license plate at the scene. The cops were trying their best to get inside the house. After the door got closed in their faces one of the cops was begging for us to let him in. My roommate and I were damn near hysterical listening to him beg like a bitch. Sorry bro, not coming in.

Fuck. The. Police.

So, just to play the devil's advocate here....

In your mind, how would the situation have panned out if you just agreed, let them in and said "Sure officers, here's my son playing with his bouncy ball. What's this all about?"

Last edited:

In your mind, how would the situation have panned out if you just agreed, let them in and said "Sure officers, here's my son playing with his bouncy ball. What's this all about?"

You could do that if you are happy letting a public servant trample on your rights.

Why would I? I was honestly confused why police were even on my stoop. I was young, had no concept of welfare checks, CPS, or that playing with my kid in my house on Saturday morning was wrong. Hard lesson learned, but go ahead and play devil's advocate that my neighbor minds their own business, and the cops don't have over reaching power to take total control of your life and escalate it into shit instead of de-escalating and actually giving a shit.

Fuck the police.

Rights end where feelings are hurt.

"is injustice everywhere" to butcher a MLK quote.

although, i'm not entirely sure if you mean the hurt feelings of the person who took the screenshot and sent it off to the school, who didn't dismiss it out of hand and sent it to the police, who didn't file it in the round drawer and showed up, or the person whose home was physically violated

probably about the same thing would have gone down.

this would be the change over to "defund the police" where states and cities would rather an unarmed social worker respond to this call.

of course, that social worker would then have had to call the police to respond after being told "wrong house" because they aren't going to bust down the door without the goon squad :rasta:

Fuck. The. Police.

So why didnt you go after the neighbor civilly?

Ms. Atiantana Jefferson (sp?)-

yup, that's the one :beer:

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/13/76989...structure-call

officers responded to an "open structure call" made by a neighbor to the police department's nonemergency number. Inside the home, Atatiana Jefferson, 28, and her 8-year-old nephew were playing video games.

Obvious Bias Warning: it was ~2:30 AM when the police arrived and at the encounter, Ms Jefferson wasn't actively playing video games, she heard a noise and suspected nefariousness afoot and, like any reasonable person, took up arms to defend herself from the likely intruder in her backyard. So the cop blinded her through the window with his flashlight to disorient her, yells some gobbeldy gook and opens fire at about the same moment to subdue the threat....to himself....that he caused...himself

Theres a whole list of serious abuses listed above but all I see is a lot of whining and bitching. I dont see a damn one of you actually doing anything to fix things. All I see is abunch of chest beating.

So why didnt you go after the neighbor civilly?

protected, the system actively encourages reports. the neighbor heard real noise so it isn't a false complaint.

Silence = Violence

See Something Say Something

Bad men win when Good men stand idle

Duty to protect

Theres a whole list of serious abuses listed above but all I see is a lot of whining and bitching. I dont see a damn one of you actually doing anything to fix things. All I see is abunch of chest beating.

you and evernoob are absolutely correct in this. I am actively NOT going into seattle (or olympia for that matter) and joining in the protests against the abuse.

I have written to my house representative asking him to Support police reform along the lines of ending no knock warrants. I do actively seek to normalize gun ownership. I do flap my yappers about it :rasta:

would burning down capital hill do anything about it? I dunno, but if we had a libertarian supermajority in this country the way we've had D and R, I bet a whole lot of shit would get changed real quick :flipoff2:

edit: hell, maybe i'll get super motivated some day and run for political office and use all this as fuel for my fire to effect change.

Cuz it's smart? :homer:

The purpose of me sharing my experience is to give an example of being completely innocent in my dwelling and having my life flipped upside down due to an over reach in power and procedure. To show just how little it takes on your part, how fast it happens, it came to my door.

Take heed if you want, let them in if you think it's smart. Hint, it isn't. They don't care about you, your child, anyone's well being. They are looking for a reason to do their "job".

Be "smart" if you want.

Top Back Refresh