What's new

Well, it was a nice run for the 'con while it lasted

Surveyboy

Member Number
It was good while it lasted.

Trail is closed, already for a couple weeks, and will be for the foreseeable future.

County personnel closed it because of 'safety' without any legal authority around xmas.

Today, the county board retroactively approved a rule to justify that closure that goes against the previously agreed to rules.

Now, with the power they gave to themselves, with no public input, they can close it for 60 days for any reason they deem necessary. If you know the person that makes the decisions, they will close it for many many reasons, because they can.

Of course, the county 'promises' to bring in the public groups to discuss the course of actions, which will include many environmental groups that we all know and love who were given what they wanted today, full closure and maybe one or 2 pro use groups, which i'm sure will totally make it fair when they vote what to do.

From my understanding, one or 2 property owners may still have full access, but other owners and the general public have been told to beat it and don't come back.

Correct me where I'm wrong please.

There was NO way the closure wasn’t going to be allowed. County wants it closed for Jeepers Jamboree or Rubithon or a month of trail maintenance in July they’ll now have the power to do it. It’s going to suck for people traveling who want to make a trip here like it is 2019 and the trail is always open.

Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh