What's new

Well hopefully i haven't dug a hole too deep on this one. New to me diesel pusher.

wonder how many li'l TVs like that they make with DC inputs
because it just feels wrong to run that guy off an inverter when it's just gonna drop into a DC power supply 1" from the power plug, just feed it the DC sauce direct, you know?
Yeah, I get it. But this coach has so much ac crap in it, it doesn't matter at this point.

Living area tv installed. Decided to go with a wall mount as nothing on the ceiling in that area made sense for a drop down.
20220519_200634.jpg
20220519_200703.jpg

Gave it a full hard core scrub today. Took ten years of grime off of it, got the wheels shined up and finally pulled the awnings out for the first time (was afraid they'd fall apart after 25 years in the desert) thanks to the metal covers they appear to be new and unopened (maybe once or twice). The pull loops rotted off from the sun, but I hand sewed some new ones out of heavy webbing. Rig is looking hood and almost complete.
20220521_112114.jpg

20220521_123740.jpg

Update on my AC issue as well. I started with the outlets and found a couple in the bedroom and bathroom dead when on Gen power. Moved to the breaker panel and found one generator leg dead at the breakers. Went to the generator and pulled the front panel. Both legs and breakers producing 120v AC. Went to transfer switch, dead leg on incoming leads to transfer switch..... WTF. Crawled underneath the rig, found a junction box under the front floor where the genny flex conduit with line 1,2, and neutral went into ard line to transfer switch. One loose wire nut later and both AC's are running off generator (6500LP) carries them both with no issues. Compressors are hard starting so my capacitors are likely failing. So I'll add those to the llist.
20220521_151720.jpg

20220521_152242.jpg

20220521_152237.jpg

20220521_152135.jpg

So the ceiling is solid enough to hold a TV? Had not considered that by how cheesy everything else is. I'm looking at doing a flip down centered in the front. Converting the head knocker into a cubby also. Want to move the left speaker all the way too the left.

Bedroom one will get mounted to the bathroom wall.

So the ceiling is solid enough to hold a TV? Had not considered that by how cheesy everything else is. I'm looking at doing a flip down centered in the front. Converting the head knocker into a cubby also. Want to move the left speaker all the way too the left.

Bedroom one will get mounted to the bathroom wall.
Yeah, the roof isn't super thick plywood (3/8"?) But I also tied into one of the steel roof spars.

Been a minute since I updated on this thing. Yanked the CRT TV and cabinet, cut it down and refinished it and built an interior enclosure and a new door to turn it into a non-headknocker cubby. Door came out really dark, even though I used the same batch of wood and same stain (stain must be getting old)as I did when I did the bunk beds.
20230317_143059.jpg
20230317_171700.jpg
20230318_175240.jpg
20230318_180402.jpg
Rebuilt the heater. That was a pain. I had to dis assemble the entire cabinet to squeeze it out and find the updated motor (motor has changed updates 3 times since this heater model) and cram it all back in there. Quieter than it was and heats better as well.
20230224_190145.jpg
Yanked the fridge, re insulated the fridge closet, added a coil fan cooler setup off of a couple computer fans and a temp switch so everything is easy and automatic.
20230312_153136.jpg
and cleaned the coils, completely resealed the fridge seams and put it all back together (works fantastic now). Old RVs are a pain. Going to start repairing clear coat soon.
20230312_101833.jpg

That thing would be a awesome candidate for a diesel heater that are so popular.

I want to do that fridge fan mod too. Does it help a bunch?

That thing would be a awesome candidate for a diesel heater that are so popular.

I want to do that fridge fan mod too. Does it help a bunch?
Seems to so far, and it can't hurt. It's just added airflow to an enclosed cabinet that generates heat. It's hot as hell in the summer where I am so it's just extra insurance. Adding a diesel heater would be great, but the way this thing is built and sealed up it would be a nightmare. They way overbuild these coaches.

Nice job..I had a 99 executive with the 10.8.

My buddy has a 02 dynasty with the 8.3. He has 120k Miles on his and crashed it once:laughing:..

These are very solid built ..one of the best prior to 2009 when they went into bankruptcy...

This is a great website and resource for monacos.....some guys who post actually worked at the factory back in the day and they have wiring diagram etc to download if needed..

Nice job..I had a 99 executive with the 10.8.

My buddy has a 02 dynasty with the 8.3. He has 120k Miles on his and crashed it once:laughing:..

These are very solid built ..one of the best prior to 2009 when they went into bankruptcy...

This is a great website and resource for monacos.....some guys who post actually worked at the factory back in the day and they have wiring diagram etc to download if needed..

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I love it. It's built like a tank. Once I fix the paint and biff the wheels it'll look like new.

Seems to so far, and it can't hurt. It's just added airflow to an enclosed cabinet that generates heat. It's hot as hell in the summer where I am so it's just extra insurance. Adding a diesel heater would be great, but the way this thing is built and sealed up it would be a nightmare. They way overbuild these coaches.
Why would being sealed be a nightmare? That would make it better?

Why would being sealed be a nightmare? That would make it better?
Just for hose routing. I would want to pull off the main fuel tank for the installation instead of those chintzy fuel tanks and have to transfer fuel. Access to the main tank is an absolute nightmare. I've done it once when I ran the new fass system, I would prefer not to do it again.

Just for hose routing. I would want to pull off the main fuel tank for the installation instead of those chintzy fuel tanks and have to transfer fuel. Access to the main tank is an absolute nightmare. I've done it once when I ran the new fass system, I would prefer not to do it again.
Ah gotcha. I did a separate tank on mine.

I did this in my toy hauler. I have a 1 gallon tank that is above the level of the pump that comes with the diesel heater ( they are not good at pulling ). I have a transfer pump hooked to a shut-off float (in the small tank) wired to the pump relay and a vent that T's into the main tank should the auto shutoff fail.

What to update on this thing. Still haven't fixed the clearcoat (still bugging me), but have used it multiple times in the past year with no issues whatsoever, other than crushing the tailpipe and dinging up a rear quarter trying to get to a camp spot I was assured was easy to get into for rv's and busses. After it turned to two track, with no way to turn around, I committed and made it, but will be pre-driving camp spots in the talon if remote boondocking from here on out. It's been fantastically reliable. The fridge fix worked wonders, and there is a laundry list of upgrades I would like but don't necessarily need.
FB_IMG_1704234509517.jpg
FB_IMG_1662419949830.jpg
20220701_195531.jpg

:emb3: After it turned to two track, with no way to turn around, I committed and made it, but will be pre-driving camp spots in the talon if remote boondocking from here on out.

When we boondock and I'm the first one there, I pull off at the road before it gets ugly, and pull whichever dirtbike or quad is loaded at the back of my trailer (5th wheel toyhauler). I go scout out a site and plan my route, then go back for the truck. I usually have at least one of my boys with me, so he can follow me back to camp so I don't have to reload the bike. Adds a few minutes, but saves a lot of headaches. After we get setup, I drop a pin and send a txt with details to anyone else planning to come (this often involves taking a ride to the top of a hill to get signal).

If the plumbing distribution block is made by Manablock, they have a direct to consumer program for RVs. Its been about 5 years since I did the one we needed. It had the correct fittings for our coach.
Ours used the gray polybutyl lines. There are adapters to connect that stuff to newer fittings.
Just realized I was replying to an old post, but...
Solid advice. Windshield gasket looks good. I'll definitely check the drains. Fired up the plumbing today. I have a leak at the bottom of the distribution manifold, going to have to pull it and reseal.

Trans goes into gear fine, got it running yesterday. I'm concerned o er the king throttle Control going out. Looking at converting to air or cable. But so far seems to be fine.

If the plumbing distribution block is made by Manablock, they have a direct to consumer program for RVs. Its been about 5 years since I did the one we needed. It had the correct fittings for our coach.
Ours used the gray polybutyl lines. There are adapters to connect that stuff to newer fittings.
Just realized I was replying to an old post, but...
Yep. It is a manablock, but I was a hydraulics tech in a previous life, disassembled and replaced all o rings, removed some of the lines and blanked a couple un needed ports, and it's been fine for a couple years. Always drain for extreme cold as well. But thank you for the heads up for sure.

Got some use out of it this weekend, spent some time in the desert, running around in the golf cart. Got to try out my emergency weld setup after a buddy broke his tire carrier. Figured out a few more tools I need to add to the onboard kit, but 6010/7018 saved the day
20240219_085508.jpg
FB_IMG_1708385007489.jpg
Trona pinnacles
20240216_143821.jpg
NASA Armstrong from 30 miles away and 1500 ft higher
20240218_140320.jpg
20240218_141124.jpg
Outskirts of death valley from a mountain top near by.
20240218_135531.jpg

Top Back Refresh