What's new

Well / Boom truck assist

Needs me some aluminum plate....

Anyone?

Suggest a place to get it cheaper than others ?

I gotta 2.5 ton truck I'd love to put a gin pole rig on.

My wife says it's just too darned redneck to have around here. Thought that was a strange place to draw the line.

Good luck with your rig. Bring some pics over here onto this list.

20201216_122041.jpg

This is the rig I need the aluminum plate for mounting the engine pump and valves etc.

31 inches from outside to outside the upright channels, 36 or so inches long.

Did that a while ago but the only individual that responded is almost 100 miles away.

My bad for suggesting that distance was ok, heavy trucks drink alot of of diesel and other factors keep me from traveling such a distance.

There is a "wanted" forum you could post this in. Or just call a metal supplier.

So...... are you planning on running this with a pto? Or a separate engine?

Have a few options, 1, is a 2 stage log splitter pump run by a BS single cylinder eng , 2, a pump and eng combination either a 20 hp honda or a 11 hp honda.

The pump in the case of the honda engines is a 11-15 gpm type.

Could run it with a pto but that would take a transfer case swap 263 to 205 and drivelines adapter etc.

One of the square body chevys has a sm465 but also a muncie on the np205.

20200819_223956.jpg

The 07 3500 chevy has a 4l80e so it dont have a 6 bolt pto hole and the adapter that lets it mate it to the np 205 is spendy if it can be found.

Yes, I suppose easier to do this than SAS, using a D60 axle and everything else.

Was the ford fig 8 to 6 bolt round the same year break in the ford np205 ?

Don't forget, you'll need a Ford 205 to work with your front diff.

Last edited:
Yes, I suppose easier to do this than SAS, using a D60 axle and everything else.

Was the ford fig 8 to 6 bolt round the same year break ?

Ford never used a figure 8 bolt pattern for the transfer case unless you're talking about the latest half ton stuff and that's only a figure 8 if you're the retarded kid that connects the dots in a different order than everyone else. :laughing:

Every fullsize ford married case is 6 bolt 31spl until you get into the Superduty at which point other splines start showing up and then around 2009 they started using this thing in the F150s and Expiditions.

s-l300.jpg

Sorry ment the np205's.

Nothing else would give the pto hole.

Found a sizeable chunk of 1/2 aluminum plate that I figure I could cut with my skill saw, but just from the dimensions the front office at all metals said it weighs about 140# and that makes it right at 200 plus $$$.

Dont have the coin so now I'll use 3/4 plywood.

Need the correct hose sizes

tank to pump.
Pump to valve.
Valve to cylinders and motor.

Hydraulic experts step on up.

Thank you very much, now to put this formula into lotus 123.

Top Back Refresh