What's new

Welding stainless exhaust pipe

I can sort of weld, this was just my first time welding SS and first time doing exhaust. It's all 304 and iirc like .040" since Summit doesn't advertise how thin their shit is :flipoff2:

LnINJXwh.jpg

Sounds like it doesn't hurt to back purge it and will help someone like me who doesn't know what's happening :grinpimp:, and I already have everything to purge so will continue to do that. I just watched this video a bunch and tried to mimic what they did:

thats fucking amazing man. what welder wire and gas? I m jealoud, with my flux core shit.

thats fucking amazing man. what welder wire and gas? I m jealoud, with my flux core shit.
This TIG with .045 ER309L and 100% Argon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076BSD6PG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought that TIG (or an older version I guess) from Amazon 2 years ago and watched some youtube videos and here we are lol. I have a Miller 211 for MIG stuff but only use it on really nasty shit anymore. I used flux to build some suspension shit with a friends welder a long time ago, and have never used flux again, fuck that nasty shit. The MIG I use C25 with .030 Lincoln wire for everything, but like I said the TIG is my go to (and ironically has proven to be far more reliable than the Miller despite being the cheapest AC/DC TIG out there).

how do you guys get the angles right at the bend, measure it somehow? or cut it 10 times until its right?

noob to tube.
You talking about cutting up u-bends? You get good at eyeballing it after a while. Imagine the center point of the radius that the bend makes and aim for that. You can also lay it out using something stiff you can wrap around the tube- like banding material.

What are you using to cut it with? My table mounted portaband is my go to but before that it was angle grinder or chopsaw

Top Back Refresh