What's new

We got Blue Skulls!

Guess I should explore my ad blocker settings. And I think it is cool for tech writers. Have you contacted Billavista? Best written articles on the net.
I reached out before IBB even launched. He’s doing well, still hates PBB, liked the idea of IBB and explained why he’s tied up for the next few years. Hope he makes a big come back soon

Im not taking the ad condom off for anyone, especially not if he is only making $300 a month on it. 😂😂

Austin, these are cool ideas and you are doing them for cool reasons. Thank you
Ad Condoms are in business to make money too. Some sell your data, some will even allow ads if the ad company does profit share with them. They are their own kind of shady.

If it doesn't work in chit chat why is it a sticky in chit chat?
Almost every member reads chitchat, not everybody adventures into all of the tech forms

Does the yellow skull apply to one account or can it be distributed to employee accounts as well?
Just one

no-grumpy-cat-memes-1.jpg

Signed grumpy cat for no reason.

Would these types of tech threads be limited to the brand specific forums or could there be tech threads for the other forum under general tech section . For example I doing fork seals and front wheel bearings on my dirt bike right now

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I was on vacay

We know where the bread gets buttered!!!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
No I just don’t want to promote 50 Meme or Boyd threads because they all want hits. Tech, and traffic brought in for/because of tech is what should be rewarded.

Would these types of tech threads be limited to the brand specific forums or could there be tech threads for the other forum under general tech section . For example I doing fork seals and front wheel bearings on my dirt bike right now
It can be for tech in any forum.

What is the price for going blue?

Is the idea to focus on tech articles like SAS a rig? Or build threads? Or product reviews?
I had it at $125 before, we’ll see after this first test run.

Will the blue skull stuff also apply to resources that are added?
It could, there are not s lot of ads on those as of now.

Another key piece is that you have your own website. Google doesn’t just give out Adsense accounts. You’ll need to own a site with some unique content and some traffic be able to get Adsense. There are a few other requirements but those are the tough ones. This is partially why I said this was more geared toward users already writing or doing vlogs or broadcasting. I 100% don’t want to discourage anybody from getting one and diving into tech posts, it’s just not as simple as signing up for a Blue Skull.

<snip>

Another key piece is that you have your own website. Google doesn’t just give out Adsense accounts. You’ll need to own a site with some unique content and some traffic be able to get Adsense. There are a few other requirements but those are the tough ones. This is partially why I said this was more geared toward users already writing or doing vlogs or broadcasting. I 100% don’t want to discourage anybody from getting one and diving into tech posts, it’s just not as simple as signing up for a Blue Skull.
Thanks for the direct reply and providing a bit more info.

I'm a bit confused by the above... are you saying that one would have to have a web site, an Adsense account, and already having traffic on their own website running Adsense?:confused: Do these requirements for a Blue Skull basically make it a redirector to "my site"?:confused: If this is the case, what is the benefit of a Blue Skull over putting a link to "my site" in my sig, location, etc? I don't have a site

Thanks for the direct reply and providing a bit more info.

I'm a bit confused by the above... are you saying that one would have to have a web site, an Adsense account, and already having traffic on their own website running Adsense?:confused: Do these requirements for a Blue Skull basically make it a redirector to "my site"?:confused: If this is the case, what is the benefit of a Blue Skull over putting a link to "my site" in my sig, location, etc? I don't have a site

You need a website with content and at least some traffic in order for Google to give you an Adsense account. Once they give you an account, you can put those ads on IBB. This is super easy for existing content creators, they may even already have an Adsense account. If you’re just getting started, it’s going to be even more legwork because of Google’s requirements for Adsense.

The benefit of a Blue Skull here is that IBB gets traffic, and that traffic is growing. Chances are that your tech is more likely to be seen/searched for here vs somebody finding your site on the web.

-or-

Say you’re a Youtuber, and get an Adsense account that way, YouTube pays for video views, how many times do people watch a video? How many times do you visit build pages with new ads?
They could post a build here as they build it AND release a video at the end to collect both ways. Or direct people to the build here for questions/comments because these ads keep paying vs the one payment for watching.

There are several ways I can picture this helping content creators. The honest truth is, as I’ve said before, I’ve never seen this offered on another site and it’s going to be a bit of an experiment to really figure out how to make it work. Chances are each Blue Skull will work their IBB content differently. I’ll likely fire up a private Blue Skull only forum to discuss what works and what doesn’t.

Still testing the waters with ad placement in an effort to get more $$ for their efforts.

All regular members see 1 ad at the top and the bottom of the pages on the desktop, and until now have only seen 1 ad at the top of the mobile view. You will see an ad at the bottom of the page on mobile now as well. It is very small, hardly seems worth it but a new ad company I'm working with (got rid of Google Adsense) says they are more popular since they stick to the bottom of the page. We'll see with this test. Thanks for bearing with me and the efforts to grow this site & content. :beer:

Last edited:
Still testing the waters with ad placement in an effort to get more $$ for their efforts.

All regular members see 1 ad at the top and the bottom of the pages on the desktop, and until now have only seen 1 ad at the top of the mobile view. You will see an ad at the bottom of the page on mobile now as well. It is very small, hardly seems worth it but a new ad company I'm working with (got rid of Google Adsense) says they are more popular since they stick to the bottom of the page. We'll see with this test. Thanks for bearing with me and the efforts to grow this site & content. :beer:
What's With the as that border the whole screen? I keep getting this mint add (think it's for dip) that puts leaves on every edge of th screen covering up what I'm trying to read on Mobil. I've been letting ads run to support the site, but that add is so pushy is getting blocked very soon

What's With the as that border the whole screen? I keep getting this mint add (think it's for dip) that puts leaves on every edge of th screen covering up what I'm trying to read on Mobil. I've been letting ads run to support the site, but that add is so pushy is getting blocked very soon
PC or mobile? Can you screenshot it for me?

There should be nothing of the sorts on either PC or mobile. Just a horizontal banner at the very top and the very bottom.

PC or mobile? Can you screenshot it for me?

There should be nothing of the sorts on either PC or mobile. Just a horizontal banner at the very top and the very bottom.
Mobil. I'll screen shot it of it pops up again. Damn thing was there all morning. Should have screen shot it then :homer:

Screenshot_20210731-222948_Chrome.jpg

Now it's a car racing around my screen

Holy F’n shit…. I don’t know how that even happened but I’ll look into it. I turned them off for now.

Top Back Refresh