What's new

Wayfair sex trafficking scandal

not2hye

Knucklehead
Member Number
Loc
Hellifornia
https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/wayfair-denies-reddit-human-sex-trafficking-conspiracy-theory

Fox Business

RETAILPublished July 10, 2020
Wayfair denies Reddit human sex trafficking conspiracy theory
Forum user speculated that expensive cabinets with human-style product names were a front
Comments
By Jeanette SettembreFOXBusiness

Wayfair workers protest over company's sales to migrant detention centers
Fox News’ Molly Line, River Twice Capital President Zachary Karabell, Kingsview Asset Management CIO Scott Martin, former investment banker Carol Roth and Heritage Foundation economist Steve Moore on the Wayfair employee protest.

Wayfair denied Friday that is selling expensive furniture on its website as a front for human trafficking.

A conspiracy theory is circulating on social media claiming that Wayfair's website was being used for sex trafficking. (Suzanne Kreiter/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

A Reddit user on Thursday posted a screengrab of Wayfair’s website showing armoirs that cost five figures with human names for the products, which lead to the user to speculate whether the pricey cabinets were, in fact, people for sale.

A screengrab of Wayfair's alleged website posting cabinets with human names being sold for upwards of $12,000 each.
​​​​​

“There is, of course, no truth to these claims," Susan Frechette, a Wayfair spokeswoman told FOX Business in an email Friday. "The products in question are industrial grade cabinets that are accurately priced.”

The post to Reddit’s user-submitted conspiracy theory thread, which features accusations often with little proof, questioned if Wayfair's expensive new cabinet collection was evidence of child sex trafficking. The thread set off a wave of commentary on social media Friday.

"Is it possible Wayfair involved in Human trafficking with their WFX Utility collection? Or are these just extremely overpriced cabinets? (Note the names of the cabinets) this makes me sick to my stomach if it's true," one Redditor user named PrincessPeach1987 posted.

Believers in the Wayfair conspiracy theory have also prompted people to use a Russian search engine to search for the stock keeping unit number (SKU) that corresponds with Wayfair products that allegedly return image results with children in bathing suits, Newsweek reported. But the SKU searches don't show images of a single child, which don't align with the allegation that Wayfair SKUs maintain data associated with a child being purchased, the outlet explained.

FEDS FEARED EPSTEIN CONFIDANTE GHISLAINE MAXWELL MIGHT KILL HERSELF

The company has since removed the product images from its website and said it plans to rename the products.

The screenshot, which was shared through social media, shows four storage cabinets with products named Neriah, Yaritza, Samiyah and Alyvia ranging in price between $12,699.99 and $14,499.99.

“Recognizing that the photos and descriptions provided by the supplier did not adequately explain the high price point, we have temporarily removed the products from site to rename them and to provide a more in-depth description and photos that accurately depict the product to clarify the price point," Frechette said.

Those names are way too creepy to be for cabinets.

But it ok guys, snopes says its not real.:rolleyes:

This is like the youtube comments on perverted disney videos that looked like keyboard puke. But when entered into google translate, came back with pedo sounding messages.

Looks like they scrubbed their website. Nothing to hide I guess?

Epstein didn't kill himself.:mad3:

How do they ship? Tape the kid up in a box and fedx them? Use a prime type private delivery service?

Idiocy. I had hoped we left this sort of stupid attention grabbing behind on the old site.

My kids mom bought a couch from them. It looked nice online but too cheap to be true. She got it and it was 3/4 scale couch. WTF. It was super hard and uncomfortable too. She got rid of it within a few months. It was a joke. I would always call it her 3/4 couch.

How do they ship? Tape the kid up in a box and fedx them? Use a prime type private delivery service?

Some people will believe any far fetched bullshit. When and if I see some real evidence I'll take it seriously. Until then it's just someone's delusional fantasy.

My kids mom bought a couch from them. It looked nice online but too cheap to be true. She got it and it was 3/4 scale couch. WTF. It was super hard and uncomfortable too. She got rid of it within a few months. It was a joke. I would always call it her 3/4 couch.

You were meant to open it up

9815A4EC-BCAA-4AEB-BE36-E253F7882B1A.jpeg

Those names are way too creepy to be for cabinets.

But it ok guys, snopes says its not real.:rolleyes:

This is like the youtube comments on perverted disney videos that looked like keyboard puke. But when entered into google translate, came back with pedo sounding messages.

Looks like they scrubbed their website. Nothing to hide I guess?

Epstein didn't kill himself.:mad3:

George Soyros has almost 30mil in Wayfair stock

Fucking idiocracy.

You are just another fake frog-poster account, making us frog-posters look bad. Go back, you transvestite monster. No one loves you and you will kill yourself within 5 years.

hHb8zEe.jpg

I got a good, really good, futon from there. Pretty fashionable too. High quality and I could sleep on it.

You need to stop sucking Dave Chappelle peenis, though, it's pretty sad. Just stop worshiping him, he hates you because you're white. You're like his house slave. Just stop it, get some dignity for yourself.

I’ve got two wayfair cabinets and I’m sad to report that neither one of them came with sex slaves. Is it to late to ask for missing pieces?

I’ve got two wayfair cabinets and I’m sad to report that neither one of them came with sex slaves. Is it to late to ask for missing pieces?

Were they $12k cabinets? :confused: If they were ~ten grand less, maybe that's why.

Look at the bright side - you've saved hundreds on Purina Ladyboy Chow :flipoff2:

My couch and loveseat came from Wayfair. They were priced well, very plush, and were the size specified on the site. No kids included though.

Top Back Refresh