What's new

Water Heaters

Crawl Away

SyrupSucker Land Refugee
Member Number
Loc
DFW
Fuck water heaters installed in small utility closets! That is all.

pfft. I bet there wasn't even an HVAC air handler sitting 3" above it and wood flooring underneath. :flipoff2:

pfft. I bet there wasn't even an HVAC air handler sitting 3" above it and wood flooring underneath. :flipoff2:

No, but it was too tall with the connections to clear the door frame but too tight to get your shoulders in to reach the connections and vent.

Small closet? Would take that over having it in the attic like my house.

Yes, but it would have been a bigger and more expensive headache.

I've had a tankless for coming up on 18 or so years. If I had to do it again, and I likely will soon, I'm going back to a tank heater. It has been flawless for all those years, I just think the buy in is not worth it. It also doesn't do well with my washing machine when it's pulling hot water for short periods of time, like on off on off to pul small amounts of water. That kind of thing can be rough on tankless heaters.

But back to your OP, suck it up buttercup:flipoff2:

Fucking water heaters always shit the bed late Sunday knowing that you have important stuff to attend to on Monday. Or they let loose while your on a long vacation.

Fucking water heaters always shit the bed late Sunday knowing that you have important stuff to attend to on Monday. Or they let loose while your on a long vacation.

Or on July 4th when it is hot as hell.:mad3:

I was trying to replace my moms today and the nipples in the wall are trash and won’t seal. It has a fucking drip. I thought it would.

i tried to unscrew them and replace them, but they are fused together and not coming apart. Any suggestions are appreciated.

3AB42FBC-9656-4B3A-B57F-F5EF793EDFD6.jpeg

77D6AA2B-BA07-4908-AB6E-70B487B1F2B9.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not a plumber but I can hum a few bars.
Galvanized pipe your screwed sorry! Something they never thought of when you thread it the galvanize goes with it. I don't know if a shark bite fitting would work on galvanized pipe.

Looks like no unless you can rethread and if you could do that...

https://answersdrive.com/do-sharkbites-work-on-galvanized-pipe-4599467

Last edited:
16-18" adjustable open end wrench on the valve and a 14-18" pipe wrench on the nipple. Need a better side pick of the outlet.

I've had a tankless for coming up on 18 or so years. If I had to do it again, and I likely will soon, I'm going back to a tank heater. It has been flawless for all those years, I just think the buy in is not worth it. It also doesn't do well with my washing machine when it's pulling hot water for short periods of time, like on off on off to pul small amounts of water. That kind of thing can be rough on tankless heaters.

But back to your OP, suck it up buttercup:flipoff2:

If you had a tank water heater, it wouldn't have lasted 18 years, and you'd be close to installing your second one more than likely. That makes the buy in worth it. 20-25 years is normal for tankless systems. Mine has a recirc pump so it doesn't cycle that much when it's in use.

If you had a tank water heater, it wouldn't have lasted 18 years, and you'd be close to installing your second one more than likely. That makes the buy in worth it. 20-25 years is normal for tankless systems. Mine has a recirc pump so it doesn't cycle that much when it's in use.

Mine was original to the house with a mfg date of 2003. 17 years isn’t too bad for a 6 year warranty water heater.

Top Back Refresh