What's new

Warn VR 8000 won't spool out

Tcdawg

Member Number
Loc
Woodstock, Ga
This winch is driving me nuts. Needs some help.

Warn VR 8000 with regular solenoids. It stopped spooling out a few months ago. I pulled the solenoid box off and jumpered the motor direct to a battery and was able to confirm that the motor will spool in and out. Figured out which solenoids were the "spool out" and replaced those...still won't f'ing spool out.

I have attached a pic of the solenoid pack. When I I hit the controller to spool it out I get power showing up on every small bolt on every solenoid but no power showing going across the cooper bars. It does not spool out.

When I hit the spool in on the controller I get power going across the copper bars but only show power on two of the small solenoid bolts, the upper left on and the lower right one. It does spool in.

Also, I can jump power and ground to the upper left and lower right solenoids, the small bolts, and the winch will run in. When I do the same to the upper right and lower left solenoids...nothing.

The good news is that the winch will free spool fairly easily and it will spool back in. I just hate to not be able to spool it out and make someone free spool it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_7671.jpg

I would clean and tighten the connections to the motor.

Top Back Refresh