What's new

Warn M8000 Wiring question

EndlessMtnFab

Member Number
Loc
Paxtonia, PA
Helping a friend out by rebuilding/rewiring his Warn M8000 winch box.

Unfortunately, he bought new solenoids -- rather than upgrade to the Albright Jobbies. 🧐

I have the diagram here for the wiring, but one thing is inconclusive. There is a ground wire off the winch motor stud that goes back to the remote box. However, in the diagram, the wire just disappears into the box without showing what it connects to. Box came partially disassembled --- so I have no reference to work off of.

Would anyone have a picture or more complete diagram? Or mind popping the cover off to tell me where it goes?

This will be cross-posted on FB .... so don't be shocked if you see it twice. :laughing:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

Joe

i couldnt find out for sure through research but i came across this, might be right

winch-wiring-1-jpg.jpg

That's for the Albright setup. Which .... it looks like I'm going to have to do.

Long story ...... but that diagram is useful for me at this point. Found a way to re-use/keep the 6 point plug. Will need to get some 90 degree lugs with the current box.

Fucking thing.

Thank you for that diagram tho !!

youre welcome im glad it was at least slightly helpful :laughing: i know what a pain wiring something thats not your mess can be :eek:

LoL

If they are WARN get a new one!!

He's ordering the Albright .... and it looks like I'll be making a new/custom winch box. Getting tucked behind an ARB bumpber.

Where is he getting the Albright? Just a cheap Amazon one? I just got a new remote and it's not working on my m8000

In the interest of speed ...he is getting an amazon (Chinese) solenoid.

Should be here today (instead of next week with the real McCoy).

Top Back Refresh