What's new

Wall mounted grinder and consumable holder

Talon2006

Yellow Skull
Member Number
After months of wanting to do this, I finally did. Makes me super happy to get everything out of my tool box.

of course I didn’t take pictures of the build :p it wasn’t that exciting though.
53D695D6-3649-4191-A8BD-71AF273CB5CC.jpeg

Last edited:
what thickness did you use?

good idea on just cutting tabs to fold out for the wheels

also, try using the little picture of a picture, next to the picture of a piece of chain and a smiley face, along the top reply box bar to attach pictures instead of using the attach files paperclip at the bottom of the reply box, then the pictures will automagically be full size

also, try using the little picture of a picture, next to the picture of a piece of chain and a smiley face, along the top reply box bar to attach pictures instead of using the attach files paperclip at the bottom of the reply box, then the pictures will automagically be full size
14GA steel.

I edited the photo. I sometimes post on my phone, because all my pictures are there, then come back and edit it later on the computer.

Everything is folded (bent) not just those tabs.

You could make that entire thing with no welding.

Well look at you Mr. Fancypants with your origami steel folding abilities!

I think it's pretty cool when stuff is planned out to be one piece of steel and then folded up into something. :smokin:

Nice. I have been thinking of adding a few 4.5 grinders to the fleet.

I normally have a Bosch 6" load with a death wheel, and one Dewalt 4.5 with a flap disc and another with resin fiber disc. If I want material removed right now then I grab the fiber disc, if I want to blend it's the flap disc. I wouldn't mind having a wire wheel and a stripper wheel loaded and ready to go. I find it annoying switching between them.

Well look at you Mr. Fancypants with your origami steel folding abilities!

I think it's pretty cool when stuff is planned out to be one piece of steel and then folded up into something. :smokin:
I look at it with a little bit of disdain
because all the cut out corners on the bottom shelf are waste
same with the openings in the shelf

or just weld it together out of bits of flat stock like a boob who doesn't value his time nearly enough

or just weld it together out of bits of flat stock like a boob who doesn't value his time nearly enough
Or leave your angle grinders in a pile on the end of the workbench because a suitable piece of scrap that you can use to build a rack without too much waste hasn't shown up yet.

Or leave your angle grinders in a pile on the end of the workbench because a suitable piece of scrap that you can use to build a rack without too much waste hasn't shown up yet.
mine are hung on the wall in a different way
take a 2x4, counterbore some holes to bolt it to the wall edge-ways
now screw a piece of 4" wide 1/8" flat stock to the front of it
hang grinders on the flat stock, toss your wheels and shit behind the grinders on the new shelf

had some pics, dunno where they're at sadly

there they are
pics are like 5yrs old or some shit

ETA: note the gallon-oil-bottle drill holster in the bottom left of the overall pic

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0623.jpeg
    IMG_0623.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 55

Meh... They are only waste if they actually got thrown out or scrapped. I have milk crates full of small pieces like that sorted out by thickness that I constantly go and grab small pieces out of if I need some tabs, gussets, or some little bracket. I always find something that is about the perfect size...

there they are
pics are like 5yrs old or some shit

ETA: note the gallon-oil-bottle drill holster in the bottom left of the overall pic
Yup

hey he cut it out on a self built CNC plas bent it, you want him to drill holes and rivet too :flipoff2: or just weld it?

You would have a stroke if you saw the pile behind my garage....
I took >4K pounds of steel to scrap the other day. It’s only two months of cutting.
7DBE043D-5BA8-4588-921A-B23C20923B80.jpeg

Hey friend, your grinder rack is real neat.
Give you scrap price for that garbage behind the shop. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh