What's new

W.H.O. Changes test to limit false positive results

bigun

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Mountainair, NM
https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-c...dium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-23-2

PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATIONWHO Changes CCP Virus Test Criteria in Attempt to Reduce False Positives

BY MEILING LEE

January 23, 2021 Updated: January 23, 2021
biggersmaller
Print
The World Health Organization (WHO) has cautioned experts not to rely solely on the results of a PCR test to detect the CCP virus.

In updated guidance published on Jan. 20, the WHO said that lab experts and health care practitioners should also consider the patient’s history and epidemiological risk factors alongside the PCR test in diagnosing the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

The new guidance could result in significantly fewer daily cases.

“Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information,” the guidance says.

It’s unclear why the health agency waited over a year to release the new directive. The WHO didn’t reply to an inquiry from The Epoch Times.

Scientists and physicians have raised concerns for many months of an over-reliance on and a misuse of the PCR test as a diagnostic tool since it can’t differentiate between a live infectious virus from an inactivated virus fragment that is not infectious.

Additionally, the high cycle threshold values of most PCR tests—at 40 cycles or higher—increases the risk of false positives. A higher threshold value indicates less viral load and that the person is less likely to be infectious, while a person with a lower cycle threshold value has a higher viral load, or is more infectious.

The WHO did not specify what the threshold value cutoff should be for a positive diagnosis, but said to only “determine if [a] manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer

SARS-CoV-2 is the scientific name for the CCP virus that causes the disease COVID-19.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says its PCR tests have a cycle threshold cutoff of 40 cycles. The federal agency finally included information on cycle threshold value in its Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 for laboratories on Nov. 12, 2020.

But many medical experts consider a threshold value cutoff of 40 cycles to only return false positives since samples that go through many amplification cycles will pick up negligible RNA sequences regardless if the virus is inactivate or the viral load is exceedingly low to pose any problem.

Prior to the CCP virus pandemic, for individuals to be considered a case, they must test positive and show clinical signs and symptoms. But to be counted as a CCP virus case, only a positive PCR test is required. And no matter how many times an individual is tested, each positive test is counted as a separate case.

The WHO is now advising that a positive PCR test that does “not correspond with the clinical presentation” should be verified by taking “a new specimen” and retesting it.

This advice may also help lower CCP virus cases in hospitals as it more clearly defines who is considered a hospitalized case.

The UK’s National Health Service (NHS) Director of International Relations Dr. Layla McCay confirmed to talkRADIO that a percentage of hospitalized patients officially counted as positive cases were actually being treated for different illnesses not related to COVID-19. They had only tested positive for the disease at the hospital without displaying any symptoms.

“It is correct that in hospital, people who tested positive for COVID will be the full range of symptoms,” McCay said. “Some will have it as an aside to some other problem for which they’re in the hospital.”

The day after the WHO released its new guidance, Chief Medical Adviser to President Joe Biden, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said the United States would rejoin the organization.

“As such, I am honored to announce that the United States will remain a member of the World Health Organization,” Fauci said. “Yesterday, President Biden signed letters retracting the previous administration’s announcement to withdraw from the organization, and those letters have been transmitted to the secretary-general of the United Nations and to you Dr. Tedros, my dear friend.”

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is the director-general of the WHO.

“The United States also intends to fulfill its financial obligations to the organizations,” Fauci added.

In July last year, the Trump administration pulled out of the WHO over its alleged role in helping the Chinese communist regime cover up the severity of the CCP virus.

There have been mixed responses from Congress over Biden’s decision to rejoin the WHO.

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) introduced a bill (pdf) on Jan. 21 to “prohibit the availability of United States contributions to the World Health Organization until Congress receives a full report on China and the COVID-19 pandemic, and for other purposes.”

She said in a statement: “The WHO is China-centric and panders to Beijing at every turn. There is no reason U.S. taxpayers should contribute more than $400 million annually to an organization that covered for China and failed to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Prior to former President Donald Trump withdrawing from the WHO, the United States contributed the most money to the health agency, according to State Department statistics.

The communist party virus? Surely this is hard hitting unbiased reporting :laughing:

this is a very important shift.

Not only will this stuff fall out of the news (Note the apparent removal of CNN constant covid tracker) but changing the test requirements WILL reduce the numbers :laughing:

remember when they said you didn't even need a test and they would accept "likely" results for death, resulting in a massive increase in death despite 90-50% negative rates at the time for "likely" cases.

The communist party virus? Surely this is hard hitting unbiased reporting :laughing:

it's from the epoch times, of course it is biased.

do you in any way refute the notion that the threshold for + test will be raised to be more accurate "In the name of honest science", thereby also greatly reducing the overall rate trends and making it obvious that "Yay, we've defeated COVID! It really was all trumps fault!!!" ?

do you in any way refute the notion that the threshold for + test will be raised to be more accurate "In the name of honest science", thereby also greatly reducing the overall rate trends and making it obvious that "Yay, we've defeated COVID! It really was all trumps fault!!!" ?

No, I think it's great and something that we've all known for a long time...although the CCP thing is stupid. It's like the morons here that use Kalifornia to try and be funny or make their point stronger. All it does is cause people who might have an open mind to immediately think it's written by a child and not take it seriously.

Got tested today at cvs for KoH. First time doing it.

what a fuckin joke it was :lmao:

I got tested once.

I also got handed a blank but signed form. "write these words here...." so that i could be approved for travel :laughing: i'm not sure if my test ever got sent off anywhere or not, but hey, i got tested and i got cleared to travel :laughing:

No, I think it's great and something that we've all known for a long time...although the CCP thing is stupid. It's like the morons here that use Kalifornia to try and be funny or make their point stronger. All it does is cause people who might have an open mind to immediately think it's written by a child and not take it seriously.

While stupid, it does drive home the point.
the virus appears to have originated in China. The ccp is the governing body of China. The virus has proliferated to the point it is now due to the inaction, ineptitude, deceit, and dishonesty by the governing body, ccp, of China. The fault of word wide proliferation of the virus falls squarely on the CCP.

So it's not THAT far of a stretch to call it the ccp virus, no matter how dumb and childish it sounds.

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a political move to unseat the blessed one despite the convenient timing.

If you read this article it's a nothingburger. The WHO says too many rPCR cycles can lead to artifacts, which is absolutely true, and that's why the FDA uses the 40 cycle limit. They also said to retest the patient if they come back positive and are asymptomatic. They haven't been doing that until now due to a lack of testing capacity. Now that there is more available testing throughput, they can more easily recheck.

I got tested once.

I also got handed a blank but signed form. "write these words here...." so that i could be approved for travel :laughing: i'm not sure if my test ever got sent off anywhere or not, but hey, i got tested and i got cleared to travel :laughing:

After seeing their sanitary practices first hand in the testing shack, I am fully convinced that if this virus was something to be concerned about, we would all be fucked. :homer:

I'm not entirely convinced that this is a political move to unseat the blessed one despite the convenient timing.

If you read this article it's a nothingburger. The WHO says too many rPCR cycles can lead to artifacts, which is absolutely true, and that's why the FDA uses the 40 cycle limit. They also said to retest the patient if they come back positive and are asymptomatic. They haven't been doing that until now due to a lack of testing capacity. Now that there is more available testing throughput, they can more easily recheck.

this is the part that jumps out as being the obvious political move :laughing: of course, maybe not. maybe they will come out and say "any progress made on covid is not related to president biden". but i'm doubtful :laughing:

edit: Covid was the #1 consideration for the average US voter and certainly far and away the #1 issue being driven by the media with strong and vocal bias.

"convenient timing" is unlikely

this is the part that jumps out as being the obvious political move :laughing: of course, maybe not. maybe they will come out and say "any progress made on covid is not related to president biden". but i'm doubtful :laughing:

edit: Covid was the #1 consideration for the average US voter and certainly far and away the #1 issue being driven by the media with strong and vocal bias.

"convenient timing" is unlikely

Yes, surely the world health organization is only worried about the politics of the USA.

Yes, surely the world health organization is only worried about the politics of the USA.

check out the phrasing on their "mask mandate" and "international travel" fliper-oos. sure, not just the USA was doing these things, but those two major issues are places the WHO absolutely sacrificed "science" to try and warp themselves around for broad support and international funding.

how much money does the USA provide to the WHO over the years? Yes, they certainly care a bunch about USA politics and are perfectly ok with being political and adjusting science for politics

or the world is simply a large collection of random coincident and logic doesn't really matter :rasta:

sure there could be some mix and such, but this would take a bunch and often.

After seeing their sanitary practices first hand in the testing shack, I am fully convinced that if this virus was something to be concerned about, we would all be fucked. :homer:

You didn't do the drive through? I got tested at CVS twice and they only offered it in the drive through window.

check out the phrasing on their "mask mandate" and "international travel" fliper-oos. sure, not just the USA was doing these things, but those two major issues are places the WHO absolutely sacrificed "science" to try and warp themselves around for broad support and international funding.

how much money does the USA provide to the WHO over the years? Yes, they certainly care a bunch about USA politics and are perfectly ok with being political and adjusting science for politics

Those definitely were screwups, but what does that have to do with them finally doing something about the false positives that you people were shrieking about for so long? Sounds like a no-win scenario. Keep on keeping on and they're evil because they're ruining the gilded president's image with high positive rates, and now they try to fix the issue and they're evil for the same exact reason.

So the basic message is suspect because of that?
As Bugs says "What a Maroon"

Yup. This is propaganda and should be treated as such.
For a bunch of people who whine about the mainstream media being biased you sure seem to love the the exact same shit with a different twist.

Those definitely were screwups, but what does that have to do with them finally doing something about the false positives that you people were shrieking about for so long? Sounds like a no-win scenario. Keep on keeping on and they're evil because they're ruining the gilded president's image with high positive rates, and now they try to fix the issue and they're evil for the same exact reason.

For a bunch of people who whine about the mainstream media being biased you sure seem to love the the exact same shit with a different twist.

I think that they should put out a huge press push that they are doing this.

Why in the fuck is the Epoch Times the only people covering this? That is the issue. the media is the enemy. the WHO could put a bunch of force "hey, we are trying to bring more intergrity and unfuck a bunch of stuff...yes, you were likely all correct about false positives last year"

bad news doesn't get better with time, but for them to simply say "well, pure coincidence" is just awesome. soak it up :laughing:

I think that they should put out a huge press push that they are doing this.

Why in the fuck is the Epoch Times the only people covering this? That is the issue. the media is the enemy. the WHO could put a bunch of force "hey, we are trying to bring more intergrity and unfuck a bunch of stuff...yes, you were likely all correct about false positives last year"

bad news doesn't get better with time, but for them to simply say "well, pure coincidence" is just awesome. soak it up :laughing:

Probably because nobody cares outside of the propagandists at epoch.

Probably because nobody cares outside of the propagandists at epoch.

except, it is big news and the propaganda at epoch is the CCP part and not the WHO rule change aim part.

the CCP part is of no consequence and the WHO rule is and should be important. that shit is news, everybody should report it, then they could all spin it however they want.

Edit: again, covid was the #1 election issue just a couple months ago and dominates the new pres day 100 list of shit and was a daily news fixture for covid reporting. i have a hard time believing that nobody cares. sure, it degrades their power and control by exposing their manipulation so there is obvious incentive to NOT broadcast this information :laughing:

Other than using the phrase you object to the rest of it is directly from The World Health Organization!

Other than using the phrase you object to the rest of it is directly from The World Health Organization!

There is only one line from the WHO. The rest are from the UK NHS, Fauci, speculation from the author, and a bunch of non sequitur filler to flesh out the political nature of the piece.

Reading critically is fucking lost on you people.

this is a very important shift.

Not only will this stuff fall out of the news (Note the apparent removal of CNN constant covid tracker) but changing the test requirements WILL reduce the numbers :laughing:

remember when they said you didn't even need a test and they would accept "likely" results for death, resulting in a massive increase in death despite 90-50% negative rates at the time for "likely" cases.

It’s almost like you are implying that it was.... political....

Top Back Refresh