Irate Motorcycle Group.

VS kills another: ADVRider.com

Sceep

🖕___ 😆___ 🖕
Member Number
Loc
Central NM
Yup. Vertical scope just bought ADVRider. 😡

Austin dunno if you want to take on another very large forum replacement project but it's a huge opportunity.

Good fucking riddance. The mods there are an absolute joke. They'll ban you for two weeks at a time for the dumbest of shit. Fuck em'.

But yea, Austin this could be HUGE for you.

Yup. Vertical scope just bought ADVRider. 😡

Austin dunno if you want to take on another very large forum replacement project but it's a huge opportunity.
Good fucking riddance. The mods there are an absolute joke. They'll ban you for two weeks at a time for the dumbest of shit. Fuck em'.

But yea, Austin this could be HUGE for you.

I wouldn’t mind another site like this. I think IBB has worked because I’ve been a part of and known the community for so long before hand. I know nothing about bikes other than I borrow my dads…. And maybe totaled one of his.

Aaaaany way…. Is there a thread there where people are bitching about VS and want to move?

I wouldn’t mind another site like this. I think IBB has worked because I’ve been a part of and known the community for so long before hand. I know nothing about bikes other than I borrow my dads…. And maybe totaled one of his.

Aaaaany way…. Is there a thread there where people are bitching about VS and want to move?
Its the same over there. Most mods don't even ride. They just live in their echo chambers banning people with different opinions. There's a bit of tech there, but don't crack a joke- someone will be sure to be offended and you'll get a three day ban at the minimum.

Have a read. Its split there. Half the folks there have no idea what is about to happen to the site.

It sucks because it could have been a great place, but the liberal mods let their egos get so falsely inflated, they just go around kicking people out that they don't like.

ADV started getting filled up with trendy douchebags 10 years ago. No great loss there.

I'm telling yea, come up with something and it could be awesome. Think you're going to see a lot of people leaving. Funnel them into somewhere right from the start.

Or hell, what about an entire dual sport/adventure bike branch from this site alone? I'm sure there's a lot of cross over between travelling, outdoors, wrenching, customizing, etc.

I'm telling yea, come up with something and it could be awesome. Think you're going to see a lot of people leaving. Funnel them into somewhere right from the start.

Or hell, what about an entire dual sport/adventure bike branch from this site alone? I'm sure there's a lot of cross over between travelling, outdoors, wrenching, customizing, etc.
I agree fully. People are going to bounce and the site is massive. Grab em fast.

irateADVR.com

iADVR.

irateadv.com wouldn't be bad.

Holy Fucking Shit .... are they that bad after you register?

wtf.jpg

I tried registering with my @irate email .... I havent got a conformation or anything, maybe because for the question "What do you ride" I answered "Your mom" lol

Are the people on there all uppidy or down to earth types on here?

Taken

vrider.com ... Venture has virtually the same meaning as Adventure

Holy Fucking Shit .... are they that bad after you register?

I tried registering with my @irate email .... I havent got a conformation or anything, maybe because for the question "What do you ride" I answered "Your mom" lol

Are the people on there all uppidy or down to earth types on here?

Taken

vrider.com ... Venture has virtually the same meaning as Adventure
Last I knew, mods individually approve new accounts.

The complete opposite of GCC. Opposite. At least in GCC discussions. They repost every CNN and other news headline as prayer. That sort of thing.

The place as a whole isn't....bad. There's a GCC (dubbed the basement) section that is complete off the rails. We're talking DemocratUnderground levels. And a lot of that bleeds out into the main discussion. The mods are all high on themselves, and will ban you for the dumbest of shit. One mod, all he does is take your quote and edit the text to make it look like you agree with him. That's it. Nothing else. The simple question of what holster to use on a bike, will delve into a 12 page discussion on how all guns should be banned.

I think nabbing the folks that are there just for the tech, discussions, traveling, and especially the flea market would change a lot of things.

And that's another thing. The for sale section is great. I've got a lot of deals there. Sold a bunch too. That's the only place I go to check out.

I'd think incorporating irate into adv would be neat. Possible to even use the same login credentials? Like a sister site or something?

I feel like irate only works because it's part pirate .... I still get funny looks when I talk about the site. I think people envision a bunch of pissed off people off-roading. :laughing:

I'll take it on, just need a name .... and not one discussed on there because it will get bought and I'll have to buy it from the asshat ... which is what happened with irate4x4

Also don't mention it there yet

I feel like irate only works because it's part pirate ....
Ya, that's something I hadn't considered.

I don't post anymore. I haven't in like two years. I only message people in the flea market section.

I think the irate works in the fuck VS theme. You can just start a whole brand of irates that leach the VS destruction as it happens.

venturerider.com - where there's less AD's.

irateADVrider.com

ADV almost has to be in the name to get your target audience.

irate4x4
irateadv
irateracecar
iratequilting

shit man, you could start a whole new franchise.

Sounds like they bought thumpertalk.com too.

While not as massive as advr, it's still a pretty big site.

venturerider.com - where there's less AD's.

irateADVrider.com

ADV almost has to be in the name to get your target audience.
I tend to agree with the ADV needing to be there for THAT crowd.

Sounds like they bought thumpertalk.com too.

While not as massive as advr, it's still a pretty big site.
would iratemoto.com capture both audiences? do those people blend?

would iratemoto.com capture both audiences? do those people blend?
The TT crowd will blend better than a large portion of the advr crowd.

I think the ones that jump from advr will blend just fine. The snowflakes will just stay there.

Iratemoto screams motocross to me and may alienate quite a few.

Maybe iratemotorbikes?

The TT crowd is totally in line with us.

I agree that adv needs to be in the name.

I think the ones that jump from advr will blend just fine. The snowflakes will just stay there.
I see it working out that way as well.

If that place dies that will suck. I know enough about crawling etc. to get by without a ton of input if it is a problem with trucks and fab, generally. However, bikes are a distant second love for me.

The ADV Rider section on specific models is pretty awesome. Their for sale section is great.

I agree that they are a different bunch. More overland in their views. ADV riders (which I guess I am with a BMW GSA800) are a different breed. They are hardcore, but in a different way.

I'd support a new forum.

ADV is my Dakar source. Absolutely nothing like the F5 thread.

Advbandcamp ready exists. Pretty small tho.

I think there may be qn opportunity tho. Depends on how VS really pisses ppl off.

Top Back Refresh