What's new

VP jug thread/pitch

Poke

I’m condescending
Member Number
I have all these super slow to fuel vp jugs. Anyone ever replace the cap the come with to diy a fast flow? I can’t figure out if the thread pitch is common or vp jug only size.

if it’s unique I might go 1.5” bulk head fitting to something else, like AN -24

I have all these super slow to fuel vp jugs. Anyone ever replace the cap the come with to diy a fast flow? I can’t figure out if the thread pitch is common or vp jug only size.

if it’s unique I might go 1.5” bulk head fitting to something else, like AN -24

They are a standard NPT. I just drilled mine out and tapped the lids to 1” NPT. There’s plenty of meat in that part of the lid for that. I made new hoses using 1” poly fittings and 1 1/4” clear hose all parts sourced from the local ACE. I can dump 6 gallons in about 20 seconds now. I converted 5 cans.

Then I realized I messed up. The 1” stuff doesn’t fit in all my other regular filler necks. So I used a 1” to 1/2” pipe bushing and stuck the VP 1/2” spout back on one of them.

Thx. Good point on the size. I am only going to convert one Diesel cap and one gas cap. Then I can just switch to the faster cap when needed.

Did you run a breather tube to the bottom of the jug? I might do that with a 1/4" line. Bottom of jug, through the cap and half way up the bigger fill neck.

Top Back Refresh