What's new

Visions July 13-17, 2022 - MidAmerica in Jay, OK

ridered3

Low Talent Wheelin
Member Number
Loc
Rockvale, TN
Anyone from here going to the Visions events at MidAmerica Outdoors in Jay, Oklahoma?

Events are July 13-17th with all sorts of racing (UTV, Mega Truck, Rock Bouncers, Ultra4, Barbie Jeep, etc), concerts, and some big $ payouts.

0218AE13-02F7-4BAB-8B25-AC11A154E0A1.png
9CBA2CF5-559F-4708-9E23-A0E1E2D708E6.png
119DC61F-13EB-4501-A088-DB60C210399B.png
BEEC64EE-AB2D-4FAF-8662-84B6BE20FE70.png

Livestreams for each day will be on the FaceSpace and YouTube pages/channels for RockRacing TV, MidAmerica, and Madram11’s pages/channels.

Is Bebop going to be here doing bouncer things? I’m watching the knockout racing now
Def not.
Hanging out at AOP this weekend with some Swedish buddies.

I don't have the time to travel to OK either :/

You should have brought your golf cart up for the MAO short course race.

I'm a slacker and it's still not finished. I've been working on our new house and traveling for work so much I kinda forget about it for a while. :kicksrocks: Next year I'll race a full schedule in the Texas Outlaw Series and try to plan a few trips up to MAO in between.

Ultra4 qualifying is today from 11-1ish Central time.

For those of you that have been to MidAmerica, what are the trails like there for riding? Meaning is it worth a trip out there to ride any or just to go spectate an event/race?

Ultra4 qualifying is today from 11-1ish Central time.

For those of you that have been to MidAmerica, what are the trails like there for riding? Meaning is it worth a trip out there to ride any or just to go spectate an event/race?
There isn’t any rock crawling here. There’s bouncers hills and go fast. They have freestyle MX area. It’s a cool ass place but it’s not a rock park.

There isn’t any rock crawling here. There’s bouncers hills and go fast. They have freestyle MX area. It’s a cool ass place but it’s not a rock park.
Thanks for the response and that’s what I assumed. Figured based on them not talking about trail riding spots it was worth hauling a SxS out to run around with but not a rig. Although with proximity to Disney, that may still be worth the haul.

Thanks for the response and that’s what I assumed. Figured based on them not talking about trail riding spots it was worth hauling a SxS out to run around with but not a rig. Although with proximity to Disney, that may still be worth the haul.
That’s what we were told last night. With Disney 26 miles away, stay at MAO and go crawling at Disney

I’ve been driving around all weekend in my Tacoma. I’m definitely out of place will all of the SxS’s but they’re are a few other trail Jeeps driving around. It is nice to have AC and be out of the dust.

That’s what we were told last night. With Disney 26 miles away, stay at MAO and go crawling at Disney

Sounds like what I’d do if I ever make it out that direction.

I’ve been driving around all weekend in my Tacoma. I’m definitely out of place will all of the SxS’s but they’re are a few other trail Jeeps driving around. It is nice to have AC and be out of the dust.
Good to know.

The helicopter just carried someone off. I don’t know what happened, but hopefully he comes out of it ok.

The helicopter just carried someone off. I don’t know what happened, but hopefully he comes out of it ok.
That was the second time today. In the EMC class Evan Sherman and his co driver got burned in a car fire (4800 Jimmys4X4 car). Ambulance treated them before getting them on the copter. Not sure who from the 4400 class just got lifted out.

Toby Stacy and his Co Driver (4800 class Trent fab car) both got matching spinal fractures from a landing gone bad as well. They were in 2nd place at the time of the incident.

I would consider going if they had more trails. Its halfway between Disney and my dads place so it would be convenient for me to go there. But from what I have seen there is just one ridge with a few climbs on it there. It looks like a nice place otherwise. Maybe they can add on to their property sometime since it seems like money is no object to whoever is doing it.

I would consider going if they had more trails. Its halfway between Disney and my dads place so it would be convenient for me to go there. But from what I have seen there is just one ridge with a few climbs on it there. It looks like a nice place otherwise. Maybe they can add on to their property sometime since it seems like money is no object to whoever is doing it.
I believe they bought the property across the street from the current MAO location that’s supposed to have better trails as opposed to the current one that makes a better race course.

The facility is super nice. All brand new and very clean. The whole place is geared towards SxS’s. The ridge where they did the rock bouncer hill climbs has some serious climbs, but its rock bouncer stuff, not big rocks for crawling.

That white mega truck ate shit last night, I don’t have any vid of it because they ran them in the dark. Those things are psycho and so are the drivers. The one dude really embodied the “never lift” even when he was out of control.

That white mega truck ate shit last night, I don’t have any vid of it because they ran them in the dark. Those things are psycho and so are the drivers. The one dude really embodied the “never lift” even when he was out of control.
Sounds about right there. We’ve been to one Mega Truck race years ago and that seems like a pretty accurate summary of the drivers there too.

Top Back Refresh