What's new

Vent thread

Fuck unrealistic construction deadlines, fuck the rona for slowing some jobs and advancing others so that I have multiple projects trying to close out at the same time instead of staggered like they should be, and fuck the rona again for fisting manufacturing and causing delivery delays on materials that are critical to construction timelines.

Fuck Coronavirus and all the pussies. Fucking governor is listing states off, and my company is forcing people to quarantine for two weeks if they go there. They won't let you take it unpaid either, they burn up all your PTO.

WV better not make that list, or fucking Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, or Colorado.

I'm over COVID.

I'm also over these fucking Anarchist, BLM piece of shit motherfuckers. The cops can start killing them for all I care.

This has been a shitty week.

The height control died on my torchmate cnc plasma today. Options are a 5k+ retrofit or another table. I wish I had time to build a table, but I run this almost daily so I need to resolve it quick.

BUCKLAND said:
Hey Conway, hope that puppy helps you in your unfortunate situation My dogs always seem to help keep my sanity in check, well, to a point.
Best of luck to you.

thank you. The little brown monster has his moments. I have to keep reminding myself hes a puppy and it's my job to mold him into what I expect. Got my stitches out tonight. Couldn't decide if I should ask the girl working for her number or not, who knows what's under the mask...

Fuck drivers who just have to cut people off to get pole position at the lights.

only to waste it, and idle off when it turns green

Fuck unrealistic construction deadlines, fuck the rona for slowing some jobs and advancing others so that I have multiple projects trying to close out at the same time instead of staggered like they should be, and fuck the rona again for fisting manufacturing and causing delivery delays on materials that are critical to construction timelines.

My apprentice left his damn little finger under the 2x4 he was ripping with a circular saw.. Now he's on the bench for 4 weeks

on top of the conditions you said above

bad bad timing. Now I'm having to do a buncha shit kicker tasks

setting and packing up everyday is the devil's work

The height control died on my torchmate cnc plasma today. Options are a 5k+ retrofit or another table. I wish I had time to build a table, but I run this almost daily so I need to resolve it quick.

Dang...that sems expensive for just fixing the height control. Thats what torchemate wants for just the z axis bits? Hot damn a commercial grade table must be stupid pricey. Is it an older machine with outdated electronics?

And hear I am unhappy about a (lightweight and not up to pro use) crossfire pro that has a z axis for less than 3k. Apples to oranges, but still.

Bringing this back up.

Teleworking, remote working, or just plain working from home is cool and all, as long as you actually do your damn job. Our entire HR department is rotating in office and out. The one I need to get my retirement shit in order is impossible to get ahold of. Then, when I do, I need documentation from another one that's unreachable. It's a frustrating circle jerk that in the end won't affect them at all but will possibly screw a lot of people, me among them.

Isn't running an infuriating and nearly impossible to navigate circlejerk the sole purpose of the HR department?

Last edited:
I enjoy splitting, cutting, getting firewood, it is relaxing for me. When I ask my wife and son to help I no longer get to be in my sanctuary. I’ll give her credit for getting on the tractor to move it, it is out of her wheel house but she tries. It is just painful to watch the two of them work harder and not smarter when doing such simple jobs. No, I’m not a patient person :mad3:

I enjoy splitting, cutting, getting firewood, it is relaxing for me. When I ask my wife and son to help I no longer get to be in my sanctuary. I’ll give her credit for getting on the tractor to move it, it is out of her wheel house but she tries. It is just painful to watch the two of them work harder and not smarter when doing such simple jobs. No, I’m not a patient person :mad3:

I've never been able to split firewood with someone else, I don't even like anyone talking to me or music while I'm doing it.

My last place there was always some "helpful" neighbor to try and lend a different splitting maul or offer unwanted advice. I had a tree service gift me some pretty decent size doug fir rounds once, 30-36ish inches across so they took a a few whacks and sometimes a wedge to get the initial split. Neighbor pops his head over the fence to offer his maul that's about as sharp as a 2x4, since he heard me "struggling", thanks but no thanks, it's under control.

I've never been able to split firewood with someone else, I don't even like anyone talking to me or music while I'm doing it.

My last place there was always some "helpful" neighbor to try and lend a different splitting maul or offer unwanted advice. I had a tree service gift me some pretty decent size doug fir rounds once, 30-36ish inches across so they took a a few whacks and sometimes a wedge to get the initial split. Neighbor pops his head over the fence to offer his maul that's about as sharp as a 2x4, since he heard me "struggling", thanks but no thanks, it's under control.

When I lived in the country in a company house that I rented but didn't work for that company my only source of heat was a wood stove.
I would get whatever kind of wood was cheap or free and split a couple weeks at a time with a maul and or wedge. My neighbors were scared to come outside when I was splitting wood because they didn't know what was going on. I mostly did it around dusk when I got off work. They finally caught me doing it in the daytime and told me how relieved they were that the noise was just me splitting wood.

awe hell, it was bound to happen but at least it took some 30 or so years......
been rocking these Bosch Rallye halogen driving lights for over 30 years now (moved from vehicle to vehicle) and finally yesterday some inbred sister-kissing dog humper backs into me and craters one of them. The other had gotten broken by a rock the other day as well, but it wasn't as bad. the one yesterday is done. I really like those lights - great spot beam that saved me from hitting deer or moose many times over the years.
looks like I could even find some NOS ones but figure I'll come into the 21st century and replace them with some LED lights with polycarbonate. now to find something decent that won't break the bank

PXL_20201224_162240948.jpg
PXL_20201224_162234077.jpg

been rocking these Bosch Rallye halogen driving lights for over 30 years now (moved from vehicle to vehicle) and finally yesterday some inbred sister-kissing dog humper backs into me and craters one of them. The other had gotten broken by a rock the other day as well, but it wasn't as bad. the one yesterday is done. I really like those lights - great spot beam that saved me from hitting deer or moose many times over the years.
looks like I could even find some NOS ones but figure I'll come into the 21st century and replace them with some LED lights with polycarbonate. now to find something decent that won't break the bank

Good FUCKING Luck.

there is so much information and variables out there about LED’s it’s overwhelming. I just gave up and stuck with traditional lights because it’s just easier.

If someone just told me what to buy, I would’ve bought some. But trying to decipher all the information out there… I just couldn’t do it. I really don’t give a fuck about the lights, I just want something that works. It’s not a passion, it’s a necessity.

A lot of people out there seem to be passionate about the stuff, and that ain’t me.

If you live where it snows, make sure you find an LED with the heated lens... otherwise the just get covered in snow when driving and are useless

FUCK you just got me thinking that I need to buy some replacement lights for my 75' Cheyenne because everything is fucking turning plastic and will need to be replaced all of the time weather they burn out or not:mad3:

I've been living with an autoimmune disorder for a few years. .

Unsolicited suggestion inbound. :flipoff2:
I've seen quite a few people go to an all meat diet and have real good success reversing or lessensing symptoms from autoimmune issues. If it's that bad, maybe try it out for six weeks and see how you feel? :homer:

Long vent but fuck you dont read if dont like it.

divorced from cheating ex wife of 18 years earlier this year, we have a 7yr old son. I knew for some time what she was doing and who she was doing it with, i chose to stay for my son, i was the one taking care of him 80-90% of time for last few years and was fine with that, i just wanted to do best for him and what i thought was best for him. To be honest i know i had a shit attutude because of knowing what she was up and dealing with all the lies and cheating bs.
my plan had been to divorce her this year, got laid off when covid shit started for a bit and that threw wrench in my plans, well not in hers, withen two weeks of me going back to work on temp basis she said she wanted a divorce, well good lets get it done.
She walked away from pretty much everything on her own free will, mostly cause she didnt want things to get out about what she had been up to, even though it was pretty common knowledge i found out later. Divorce was final early aug and she got really bitter/hateful towards me even when only contact we had was regarding son.
Come oct she freaks out telling me the guy she was seeing/had been cheating on me with has got bat shit crazy, i start looking i to him and find he has a very nad past, mutiple prison stays,sex crimes,domistic crimes, restraining orders yada yada.
she gets away from him and things got lot better between us, not ever a chance of us having anything together again but more so just communicate about som amd doing whats best for him.
last few weeks i felt something was up cause she is getting back to hateful shit and she chooses today of all days to call me knowing son and i were doing our xmas stuff today since he goes to her tommorow. Anyways she calls to say that she has gotten back together with the pile of shit....and now im sitting here stressing about my son being around him with all the info i know about him. Already talked to attorney about it all before when there first drama happened and was told nothing can be done to keep my son from him unless there is a report of call involved police between ex wife and the boyfriend. And anything i do to try and keep son from it all will end up with me being the one in trouble and him being kept from me.
im so fucking over this shit, being stressed to point of medical problems because of it, worried for my lil boys safety.
o and if you read this all and want to bitch about my spelling or grammer or whatever....go fuck yourself. Merry fucking christmas.

I am on the worst fucking run of bad luck with vehicles it is fucking driving me crazy and has me sometimes saying fuckit and buying something brand new with a warranty

I had a great F350 DRW King Ranch that worked perfect, I had done all the preventive maintenance on the 6.0 and never had any type of problem with it.

Fucking loved the truck but I didn't need it anymore and thought the smart thing would be buy a basic gas truck for when I needed to do truck shit.

I bought a 96 F150 4x4 no computers manual everything, it had a bad head that ate coolant so I bought a new (to me) engine for it that hasn't ran yet (something isn't hooked up, haven't looked at it much)

My daily driver is a old school Lexus GS300 on air bags, car worked perfect when I got it. Then the passenger door got shut one day and will not open again, fucking nightmare to get to the lock mechanism. I rarely have a passenger so i deal with it. The more annoying part is one of the 50 million computers it has died, taking out a bunch of stupid shit like the windows don't work from the master, temp gauge doesn't work, fuel gauge doesn't work, and a bunch of other stupid shit. Car drives fine, looks great, but I feel like a dumbass when i have to have the occasional passenger sit int he back or I run out of fuel as I forgot to look at how many miles I have driven.

Fucking bought a Tracker to do some offroading in, it was eating coolant. I took the head off and it had a crack in it, fucking sourced another $500 later it is running again. Took it out to the store today and the plastic radiator split where it meets the metal. 15 miles from the house, in a pouring down rainstorm 40 degree weather. Fucking smeared JB Quick all over it, bought 6 galoons of water, and got it back home.

I have a Nissan Pathfinder which is a great truck but was eating oil of about a quart per 200 miles so I got a 2019 replacement motor from a wrecked truck with 8k miles on it. My buddy who is putting it in for me, the fucking engine came off the jack stand he had the trans supported on and crushed the main harness. he tried to repair the harness, didnt work. he bought a replacement harness, it is the wrong one. He has now started taking a shitty attitude with me about it. Apparently this harness is only for 4x4 LE models which are hard to find as they have a full time all wheel drive option and the whole fucking harness is different, finding one is not easy and the holidays are not helping.

So pretty much I am stuck at my house way the fuck out in the country away from town with everything I own broken.

I make enough money to drive brand new but I do not want to, I am in a save money mindset and right now it does not seem to be working.

Feeling really frustrated right now!!!!!!

Long vent but fuck you dont read if dont like it.

divorced from cheating ex wife of 18 years earlier this year, we have a 7yr old son. I knew for some time what she was doing and who she was doing it with, i chose to stay for my son, i was the one taking care of him 80-90% of time for last few years and was fine with that, i just wanted to do best for him and what i thought was best for him. To be honest i know i had a shit attutude because of knowing what she was up and dealing with all the lies and cheating bs.
my plan had been to divorce her this year, got laid off when covid shit started for a bit and that threw wrench in my plans, well not in hers, withen two weeks of me going back to work on temp basis she said she wanted a divorce, well good lets get it done.
She walked away from pretty much everything on her own free will, mostly cause she didnt want things to get out about what she had been up to, even though it was pretty common knowledge i found out later. Divorce was final early aug and she got really bitter/hateful towards me even when only contact we had was regarding son.
Come oct she freaks out telling me the guy she was seeing/had been cheating on me with has got bat shit crazy, i start looking i to him and find he has a very nad past, mutiple prison stays,sex crimes,domistic crimes, restraining orders yada yada.
she gets away from him and things got lot better between us, not ever a chance of us having anything together again but more so just communicate about som amd doing whats best for him.
last few weeks i felt something was up cause she is getting back to hateful shit and she chooses today of all days to call me knowing son and i were doing our xmas stuff today since he goes to her tommorow. Anyways she calls to say that she has gotten back together with the pile of shit....and now im sitting here stressing about my son being around him with all the info i know about him. Already talked to attorney about it all before when there first drama happened and was told nothing can be done to keep my son from him unless there is a report of call involved police between ex wife and the boyfriend. And anything i do to try and keep son from it all will end up with me being the one in trouble and him being kept from me.
im so fucking over this shit, being stressed to point of medical problems because of it, worried for my lil boys safety.
o and if you read this all and want to bitch about my spelling or grammer or whatever....go fuck yourself. Merry fucking christmas.

Is he a legit sex offender?

Where do her parents or sister live?

maybe you tell her that visitation needs to happen at a 3rd location away from this guy or you'll bring this into court

then bring it into court anyway

this is the ugly side of divorce, you need to worry about the strays

Top Back Refresh