What's new

Vaccination mandates on the horizon.

Fed contractor here and we were told they won't fire us, just put us on indefinite unpaid leave.. so my guess is that way you can't collect UE. Nope you aren't fired so UE doesn't apply.. :flipoff:
by design.

I believe a lot of people will TRY.

I also believe fed courts will strike them down quickly.... "lack of standing" will be used a LOT.
It'll be really hard for the courts to use "lack of standing" in cases where the people suing are actively being adversely affected.

If they do use that, all the way to the Supreme Court and SCOTUS still says "lack of standing" then it's time to hit the reset button.

Folks here can get UE when laid off or furloughed.

It'll be really hard for the courts to use "lack of standing" in cases where the people suing are actively being adversely affected.

If they do use that, all the way to the Supreme Court and SCOTUS still says "lack of standing" then it's time to hit the reset button.

in a world of honor, truth, trust... agree.

But we've seen the SCOTUS already wholesale decline to hear challenges to school mandates. We've seen SCOTUS use lack of standing in areas of direct standing (in the illegal election rule changes made by some states)...

The reality, the judicial branch is just as political as the rest.

Read that carefully

"Generally, yes. Under Executive Order 2020-24(2), you are considered unemployed and can collect benefits if you are on a new leave of absence because of being sick with or exposed to COVID-19, because you're in isolation or self-quarantine due to elevated risk or exposure to COVID-19, because you are caring with someone diagnosed to COVID-19, or because one of the recent government directives related to COVID-19 has created a new family care responsibility (e.g., you’re on a leave of absence to care for children who are off school). Note that under the executive order, you are not eligible for unemployment benefits if you were on a sick leave or receiving disability benefits before the order went into effect.
"

doesn't address vax mandates or unpaid administrative leave at all.

Just got an email saying my religious exemption is going to get approved. I didnt get the formal approval yet, or what hoops i will have to jump through once the mandate takes effect.
mind if i ask how much detail you used? I'd be interested in knowing an exemption that "worked"

not if the judges simply throw cases out. :mad3:
Some may and other wont. Once case law has been set it get a lot easier.

In the beginning the patriot is a feared and hated man. It’s not until he is successful in his cause that he becomes popular. Because then it’s easy for everyone to follow him.

Didnt a TX judge deny the pilots placing a hold on the mandate? Case law could work against us too
SWA and United, IIRC. SWA the judge said mandates don't violate the collective bargaining agreement. United - haven't followed up on that one. Was supposed to be announced yesterday, I believe.

This is exactly why, as a much larger group, we need to say No to this BS. There is just enough of a thread of case law to support some of the BS that's going on nowadays. Sure, it may be found later that case law doesn't cover what's going on right now but that battle will be months if not years in the coming.

But right now, in this moment, case law means exactly dick to the employer when their employees say fuck you, I'm not putting up with this crap. If you're an employer, you can snuggle up to case law as much as you want, case law doesn't protect you from your employees telling you to fuck off for making the wrong decision.

And by the looks of it, we're finally at enough people where there aren't enough scabs willing to backfill the positions left behind from the people who won't put up with this crap. That's the turning point, that's when it hurts companies more than it does the employees, and that is what will turn this around right now. I feel like we're getting close.

How old is this kid? Like Yota said most class trips are you go or lose your money because if even 1 or 2 kids don't go then the trip isn't funded. On the other hand. They cannot change the terms of allowing you to go either. If you met all the terms when you paid then you should be able to go. But with covid honestly it has to be the most stupid but powerful excuse I have ever seen.
Kid is 13.
My take is, we agreed to the rules when we signed up, now they've changed the rules. Legalese fine print probably means they keep my money whether the kid goes on the trip or not, but "doing the right thing" to me means if they can't honor it as it was agreed-to, we should have the option of undoing it and getting a refund.
We've discussed with kiddo, she's in the "OK, I'll just get the vax" camp. So probably a moot point. I remain philosophically opposed to the mandate side of it, but the libertarian in me says she's mature enough to make her own decisions on many things, this being one of those. I'm also aware that if we want into Europe within the short-term-forseeable-future, vax is going to be required for that as well.

Kid is 13.
My take is, we agreed to the rules when we signed up, now they've changed the rules. Legalese fine print probably means they keep my money whether the kid goes on the trip or not, but "doing the right thing" to me means if they can't honor it as it was agreed-to, we should have the option of undoing it and getting a refund.
We've discussed with kiddo, she's in the "OK, I'll just get the vax" camp. So probably a moot point. I remain philosophically opposed to the mandate side of it, but the libertarian in me says she's mature enough to make her own decisions on many things, this being one of those. I'm also aware that if we want into Europe within the short-term-forseeable-future, vax is going to be required for that as well.
I'm not sure a 13 year old can comprehend the gravity of this choice. Has she done any research? Have you? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but it could have effects latter that you both wish you had known about. Yes, I'm aware of the many side effects of things we take for granted every day but I think the jury is going to be out on this one for awhile.

Good luck...

Just got an email saying my religious exemption is going to get approved. I didnt get the formal approval yet, or what hoops i will have to jump through once the mandate takes effect.
I got the same thing two days ago, told I was approved for religious accomodation with no caveat's and then today the goalposts moved again, the effective date for full vaccination was moved from November 22nd to December 10th, I'm still approved but now the accomodation I'm offered is unpaid time off unless I can work remotely which isn't possible as I directly supervise fourteen employees, I'm still employed but can't come to work or get paid. That doesn't seem like much of an accomodation to me.

I got the same thing two days ago, told I was approved for religious accomodation with no caveat's and then today the goalposts moved again, the effective date for full vaccination was moved from November 22nd to December 10th, I'm still approved but now the accomodation I'm offered is unpaid time off unless I can work remotely which isn't possible as I directly supervise fourteen employees, I'm still employed but can't come to work or get paid. That doesn't seem like much of an accomodation to me.

If it were me I'd call their bluff, especially if they need you more than you need them. In the meantime during my "unpaid time off" I'd work whatever odd job it would take to pay the bills or at least stem the financial bleeding and let them suffer not having you there while you do what you need to do to cover yourself. They're just tightening the screws until it hurts, what they don't realize is it's going to hurt them a lot more than it it will us as long as we're willing to deal with a little bit of pain.

edit: Better yet, if you're able to fumble together some corporate bs stating how you'll be able to work your job remotely see if that shit will stick on the wall. If it does then you're still getting paid while they're trying pull their heads out of their asses.

If they pushed it back, that probably means they have had a bunch of pushback. Hold their feet to the fire, they already blinked.

Fed contractor here and we were told they won't fire us, just put us on indefinite unpaid leave.. so my guess is that way you can't collect UE. Nope you aren't fired so UE doesn't apply.. :flipoff:
Anything stopping you from working a second full time job during that?

Customer of my wife worked for the city of Jackistan. The city mandated. Dude was saying he did not want the jab because there wasn’t enough legit info AND all of the mandating made it seem wrong. He certainly did not want someone requiring him to take it. He came into the store the day after the jab and was disoriented. Both wife and her partner have med backgrounds and questioned him if had had a mild stroke. He did not pay because he couldn‘t remember what he did with his wallet

he came back the next day and paid and said he thought he felt better. He was a regular customer, nearly every day. He did not show back up. That was about 6 weeks ago and wife found out he died. He apparently went in to the hospital that same week she saw him and died 2-3 weeks later. They listed cause as Covid

Last edited:
Customer of my wife worked for the city of Jackistan. The city mandated. Dude was saying he did not want the jab because there wasn’t enough legit info AND all of the mandating made it seem wrong. He certainly did not want someone requiring him to take it. He came into the store the day after the jab and was disoriented. Both wife and her partner have med backgrounds and questioned him if had had a mild stroke. He did not pay because he couldn‘t remember what he did with his wallet

he came back the next day and paid and said he thought he felt better. He was a regular customer, nearly every day. He did not show back up. That was about 6 weeks ago and wife found out he died. He apparently went in to the hospital that same week she saw him and died 2-3 weeks later. They listed cause as Covid

Fuck

Top Back Refresh