What's new

V-belt not ribbed belt

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
not sure what the deal is.

i wanted to toss a spare fan belt into my tool box so I went to the store to get one their computer only shows a ribbed belt for my truck.

So I searched online to order one and the same thing, just ribbed belts.

My 1995 tracker has a v-belt on it

WTF?

I cannot find a v-belt for it.

I guess I could use a string and measure it but now I am curious on what is going on.

Do I have my year wrong or something?

Have you not considered:

Get to APS.
Remove belt, take into APS, have APS counter man measure your belt on their tool.
Buy suggested belt.

Place in tool box.

End.

V belt is wierd on any suzuki but a Sami :confused:

Are all belts V or just 1?
This is what is fucking me up, I feel like I must have been high when looking at them or something.

They are both V-belts (according to my eyes)

The tracker is at my house right now.

I am guessing for some reason that I cannot understand, I saw the belts wrong?

Everything I have seen says they are ribbed belts.

I must be getting senile or something.

I'll go to the house tomm and look again.

Merry Christmas

They're super small like 4 rib belts and are individual for each accessory. Maybe you saw narrow individual belts and thought belt?

Anything is possible though, I know the first year of the track kick had some wierd combos, maybe someone swapped that engine in:confused:

The only trackick (sidekick, to be more specific) that had a v-belt is the early made 89 model year ones that had the 1.3 (samurai) engine in them. All the rest have the ribbed type belt.
While I was reading through the thread, I was thinking that someone could have swapped v-belt pulleys on...but that would have been unlikely...but I have seen some stupid/impractical things that people have done to trackicks/samurais, so anything is possible.

Top Back Refresh