What's new

UTV tires on a samurai or tracker?

Probably not the wisest decision to run the Uber aggressive SXS’s tires on anything on pavement but I haven’t found a single reason not to continue to do so. 6 years of zero tire trouble on my tracker is 5 times better than the M/T’s I get on the truck I DD.

I really debated this few years ago when UTV tires were maybe 1\2 price of a normal truck tire. Single cab 1st gen tacoma 4cyl and wanted something in the 33\9.50-10.50 range. If I ever get my truck back together I still might do it if the prices are still a big gap between truck tires.

I’m probably averaging 20 miles/ year at this point….. it currently sits on 35 kevlar’s, which just start to bag with the cores pulled. I am trying to downsize and shave weight/ rotational mass.

I was told that carnivores would be gone in no time just doing dirt and rocks. 3 years of every type of use including highway, and they're still half tread, which is about the same tread depth of a new LT tire. I don't know exactly, but it's definitely well over 1000 miles. I wouldn't buy them for mostly pavement use, but I still wouldn't go with an LT tire, because of wieght and stiff sidewalls.

There are DOT approved sxs tires fwiw.

For more road driving, I'd think about something like the system 3 xcr350

I really debated this few years ago when UTV tires were maybe 1\2 price of a normal truck tire. Single cab 1st gen tacoma 4cyl and wanted something in the 33\9.50-10.50 range. If I ever get my truck back together I still might do it if the prices are still a big gap between truck tires.
If you want something for 14/15" rims the UTV selection is just plain better even if prices aren't the big difference they used to be.

Oh yeah I guess I didnt add that it would be for 15" rim or very slim chance of a 16".

Top Back Refresh