What's new
  • If you have not received the email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please use the Contact Us Form and let us know your username.

If you have a Yahoo! email, they are currently blocking everything the site sends. Please contact us dierctly with the link above.

Useless tiny tractors

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
How much is this worth in Arkansas suburbia? Says invalid url when I try to link from fagbook.

4x4. , 650 diesel tractor with front end loader , exceptionally clean, 1. Older lady owner , came off a small horse farm. Always barn stored.

96243251_1550669885090896_3566769867434491904_o.jpg

Mudslinger99

Member Number
What year is it ? That thing looks damn near New. Damn sure is clean and a nice piece :smokin:

WTF?

degenerate at large
Member Number
Up here in Nc that's $7-8k all day, assuming it has around 500-ish hrs

billybob_81067

Redneck
Member Number
Make sure its not a scam. I've noticed a lot of tractors popping up on the local facebook marketplace and I even inquired about one because it was cheap. It was some quick robo-reply and I instantly knew it was just another scam.

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
Make sure its not a scam. I've noticed a lot of tractors popping up on the local facebook marketplace and I even inquired about one because it was cheap. It was some quick robo-reply and I instantly knew it was just another scam.

I have fuck all interest in buying it, I think it was 6900. Saw several others in the 3-4k range.

I did inquire on a bigger massey and some dickhead 'dealer' had it. Hard to tell with equipment who owns what.

Vehicles are easy. No plates = some bhph clown

ExWrench

Random Dude
Member Number
Zooming in on that photo, that's been rebuilt recently . . . with spray cans :laughing:

Zoom in by the ROPS - hoses are pretty chowdered, may need 1 more can of spray-new :flipoff2:

MochaMike

All Whee Drive!
Member Number
This.

I've seen some ads, and if you google the make/model, and look for similar ones for sale, you'll often find the same actual pics 1k miles away.

JR4X

wheeler
Member Number
This.

I've seen some ads, and if you google the make/model, and look for similar ones for sale, you'll often find the same actual pics 1k miles away.

Sucks but happens daily. If you report them it kinda helps keep them from posting in your area. I don't know how the scam works, they maybe trying to get money from old people who don't know how shit works. I've been shopping for backhoe's and there's these "to good to be true" $4500 dollar caterpillar hoe's all over craigslist and it's always the same 4 pictures in every town across the country.

Will12785

Red Skull Member
Member Number
The real scam here is JD passing off the 650 as a tractor. The only thing those are good for is pissing you off about their insane lack of power. I think the 650 is rated at 17hp iirc.

gbiddlec

Member Number
Zooming in on that photo, that's been rebuilt recently . . . with spray cans :laughing:

Zoom in by the ROPS - hoses are pretty chowdered, may need 1 more can of spray-new :flipoff2:

I didn't notice at first glance. But he's right, the whole thing has been touched up. Depending on the hours, it would probably still bring $7-8k up here in IN. Especially with everything going to online auctions (with shitty pics) with the Covid. Prices on tractors 15-40hp seem to be artificially high right now, same with mowers and other shit.

inthefield

Red Skull Member
Member Number

This.

There's a lot of tractor supply JD in a can in that photo. The small tractor market is going to tumble for a minute, the folks with small acreage places that can utilize stuff like that aren't turning loose of money if they have it, and the folks that have it and don't need it are trying to sell in a saturated market.

Johann

Member Number
The real scam here is JD passing off the 650 as a tractor. The only thing those are good for is pissing you off about their insane lack of power. I think the 650 is rated at 17hp iirc.

Dang! My oldschool JD 330 Diesel Lawn tractor has 11 IIRC. That photo is deceiving. Looks much bigger than it is now that I stare at it.

Action Fab

Get off my lawn
Member Number
Up here in Nc that's $7-8k all day, assuming it has around 500-ish hrs

Same here. A 2wd 850 without a loader brings $4k.

the real issue is finding someone with more than 5 or 6 grand cash. It will definitely bring $8k. But it might take some time to find the right buyer who doesn't need to sell his asset/equity to come up with the liquid currency.

CenCon

In the bulls eye.
Member Number

True. My 455 has a whooping 22 hp Yanmar. And it's I believe catagorized as a "garden tractor"

WHATAHEEP

I heard there was pizza
Member Number
Probably somewhat useful but in that series pretty sure that's a gear tractor not a hydrostat. The hydro would be a 655. We have a1987 850 4x4 and it is pretty nice but would be a pain in the ass with a loader.

Rockbuggy84

Member Number
I was just over at the neighbors last night grabbing a couple quads and he was showing me his Kubota tractor “rebuild”.

Him and a buddy sanded and painted this thing and it looks damn good. Also added a New seat, Floor pad, hydraulic lines, stickers, etc.

He’s going to put it up for sale as a tractor in perfect condition and someone will easily fall for it.

Meanwhile, the hour meter was purposely disconnected years ago, he beats the living fuck out of it by running a massive mower being the tiny thing. He overheated it so bad last year mowing that it shut down and would not crank.

Finally broke the pto and paid some White trash tweaker to half ass fix it by welding whatever broke together because the parts were too expensive. Than sale it because it’s not gonna hold long.

Long story short, don’t buy something because it looks like it was takin care of.

Last edited:

87manche

kinder and gentler
Member Number
they're not useless if you know the limitations of a 20HP tractor. I've done lots of things with a little baby 1220.
that said, most people are going to want one tractor size up from that, especially with a loader.