What's new

Useless things about your day!

Had an idiot in a Tesla almost force me off the road when they were passing like a retard coming towards me. I had to move to the right and they weren't fully back in their lane when I went past. A holes. Then later I cut one off when I moved into the left lane at the same time they did. Maybe I'll be in a Tesla video.:laughing:

Is it a requirement for OnTrac to drive a slightly more tweakerish van than the last guy?

Had an idiot in a Tesla almost force me off the road when they were passing like a retard coming towards me. I had to move to the right and they weren't fully back in their lane when I went past. A holes. Then later I cut one off when I moved into the left lane at the same time they did. Maybe I'll be in a Tesla video.:laughing:

Whats the tesla have to do with it?

old man- "Big rims are dumb"

Wife's '17 tahoe with stock 22's sprung a leak. Tiny crack on the inside lip. I've got zero experience welding aluminum, so i find the one rim fix shop in this area. No problem, drill micro hole in the end of crack, clean out, TIG, good to go. It's just on the lip.

I pop the tire off and from the inside it's actually cracked half way across. Couldn't see it from the outside because the powder coat hadn't cracked yet.

20240818_092849.jpg

Ive seen a few sets of 17" rims that cracked. One damn near every spoke was cracked

Assuming it's a $100+ price difference I'd have had them weld it anyway :laughing:
Just in the lip, damn right it's getting welded. But 5" straight across a 9" wide wheel I'm just buying time "fixing" it. Also keep in mind it's the wife's ride so it gets curb checks and double the speed limit pot holes and God knows what else while being a 6000lb suv on 285/45 band aids. Fuck it, I'll go the extra mile if it fixes it right the 1st time.

If it was mine, it'd be getting 17" steelies from Harbor Freight and a set of multi different off brand used 33's from Los Hermanos tire shop. :flipoff2:

Yea, but honestly I'm "buying time" with the whole vehicle. :laughing:
Join any given Facebook group with Chevy trucks and you can find people selling their factory take offs. Generally, with factory tires and very few miles. Some want retarded prices, but there are deals to be had.

Join any given Facebook group with Chevy trucks and you can find people selling their factory take offs. Generally, with factory tires and very few miles. Some want retarded prices, but there are deals to be had.
Yea, my neighbor had an 06 regular cab that he had since new with over 500k on it... always bought take offs with decent tires and sold whatever was on it with worn out tires. It seemed like every year or 2 he'd drive by with the newest model stock wheels and tires on it.

:laughing:

Yeah I didn't elaborate much but there house is like mine very little counter space, freakishly small but probably the norm for sub 1000 SQ ft house from the '60s.

They got home from work/college and she put her bag on the "counter" glass top oven.
This is very common at my house as well because it's just a extension of the counter top. (Hindsight says this might be a bad idea)

However until I hear a cause of fire I am skeptical. They weren't cooking anything and had not been in the act of cooking. The fire wasn't really a fire but a crazy amount of really black smoke that left a resin around the site. In the backpack was a laptop and college papers.

I am really curious if the laptop battery, USB battery pack etc. nuked and since it was on the stove the fire didn't spread.
Possible catch 22....

I have 3 wifi smoke detectors coming today at any rate. 2 for the house and 1 for the RV.
Fire Marshall identified a Espresso machine as the cause.

It was around a month old, bonfire related to stove top or backpack.

Saturday evening, I left a hole in the ground looking like this:
1725243412715.png

This morning, some helpful rodent had backfilled 1/3 of it :mad3::
1725243490755.png

So I dug it out -again- , fixed the PVC, backfilled, and left a "peace offering" for my foe
1725243598881.png

Here's hoping the little bastard self-deletes via Gopher Hawk & I don't have to go all Carl Spackler :laughing:

Saturday evening, I left a hole in the ground looking like this:
This morning, some helpful rodent had backfilled 1/3 of it :mad3::

So I dug it out -again- , fixed the PVC, backfilled, and left a "peace offering" for my foe
1725243598881.png

Here's hoping the little bastard self-deletes via Gopher Hawk & I don't have to go all Carl Spackler :laughing:
WTF is it?

CenturyLink doing CenturyLink things.
PXL_20240902_155849108.jpg
That's nothin'. Years ago our provider strung it chest high across a game trail behind our place. I used to have them out to fix it probably 5 days a week at least. I even went out several times and told them they had to bury it or string it across 12 feet up. Did they listen? Nope.

I bet it cost them 100 times what we paid in repair costs.:laughing:

That's nothin'. Years ago our provider strung it chest high across a game trail behind our place. I used to have them out to fix it probably 5 days a week at least. I even went out several times and told them they had to bury it or string it across 12 feet up. Did they listen? Nope.

I bet it cost them 100 times what we paid in repair costs.:laughing:

It's impressive how bad they are. We dug through a line a couple years ago at work that serviced 20 homes (with no cell service) and spent 20 hours on hold on the emergency reporting line before we gave up. The only reason it got fixed Is someone found a tech working down the road and brought him to look at it.

It's impressive how bad they are. We dug through a line a couple years ago at work that serviced 20 homes (with no cell service) and spent 20 hours on hold on the emergency reporting line before we gave up. The only reason it got fixed Is someone found a tech working down the road and brought him to look at it.
Frontier is no better. Theres been a pedestal knocked down and laying in the grass for at least a year on my drive to Mom's house.

She thinks flip flops are work shoes. I've told her 1000X to wear boots when you do yard work but apparently I'm stupid....but also don't have a hole in my foot so there is that. :lmao:
It's all your fault dude. Now you need to empathize, and tell her how sorry you are you didn't prevent her from being injured you heartless dolt.

Top Back Refresh