What's new

Useless things about your day!

that's the worst.
I hate wet feet.

I've been cleaning carpets.
new carpet cleaner has illustrated how much the old carpet cleaner sucked. New one is the most basic model with powered rollers. Old man at the vacuum shop told me it was the one I wanted cause it didn't break. previous one had all the shit. Auto soap/rinse/soap dispenser/fancy 5 brush dealio. I got tired of having to pull it apart and fuck with it because some stupid microswitch stopped working.
Keep it basic. Shit works better for a little bit more inconvenience during use.

also, I'm gonna miss old timers in specialty shops. Last year I had to fix my 30 year old kirby. Walked in, told him the model, he appeared with a new impeller in like 30 seconds from the back. Comped me a new belt too.

20221212_115208.jpg

Thumper is feeling just fine after getting his ear chewed on and stitches out.

Those boots are not 100% waterproof. that strip of rubber in the center of the sole leaks. at least mine do. ok for some quick mud work or its raining, but if you're working in a few inches of water it'll seep in.
good to know, I don't plan on any lengthy standing in H2O but ya never know. I mostly want them for clearing snow around and going out to the stove.

good to know, I don't plan on any lengthy standing in H2O but ya never know. I mostly want them for clearing snow around and going out to the stove.
I threw them on to take the rc crawlers up the brook with kiddo. Walking through the brook, my feet got wet. Outside of that, I keep them by the door. use them almost every day.

I get home today and find an amazon box on the front porch. It usually the game of what did I order?

Open it up and its gift wrapped with a new 20v brushless impact and battery.

Called my buddy up and go wtf? Apparently it's a gift for giving/delivering a HP44 for his Jeep last weekend. It's a weird feeling for me, the axle cost me nothing and I was doing a buddy a solid. Now I feel indebted.

that's the worst.
I hate wet feet.

I've been cleaning carpets.
new carpet cleaner has illustrated how much the old carpet cleaner sucked. New one is the most basic model with powered rollers. Old man at the vacuum shop told me it was the one I wanted cause it didn't break. previous one had all the shit. Auto soap/rinse/soap dispenser/fancy 5 brush dealio. I got tired of having to pull it apart and fuck with it because some stupid microswitch stopped working.
Keep it basic. Shit works better for a little bit more inconvenience during use.

also, I'm gonna miss old timers in specialty shops. Last year I had to fix my 30 year old kirby. Walked in, told him the model, he appeared with a new impeller in like 30 seconds from the back. Comped me a new belt too.
That reminds me, I need to get my lathe going so I can fix my carpet cleaner (an ancient Steamex commercial one), the moving part of the shut-off valve is no longer available and the part that retains the flat rubber washer at the end broke, so it no longer stops the flow of water like it's supposed to...
Looks like this one:
1670890740961.png

Source: Daimer Offers Advanced Carpet Cleaners With Self-Monitoring Technologies

Aaron Z

I get home today and find an amazon box on the front porch. It usually the game of what did I order?

Called my buddy up and go wtf? Apparently it's a gift for giving/delivering a HP44 for his Jeep last weekend. It's a weird feeling for me, the axle cost me nothing and I was doing a buddy a solid. Now I feel indebted.

Give the impact to me and solve your problem.

:flipoff2:

Started installing the heater in my RZR last night. I have to order a couple rocker switches. One was fucking up last time I drove it and always on, another one I pulled apart when I was trying to unplug the leads for other lights.

So far the heater install isn't too bad but I haven't cut the coolant lines to tie into the RZR yet. I am dreading the bleeding process. I have heard horror stories. :laughing:

So far the easiest thing to do is lift the front of the RZR as high as you can so the air will burp out. So the FEL on the tractor will come in handy for that.
They are easy to bleed anybody who tells you otherwise is an idiot, just make sure you crack the bleeder on the head when you first fill it with coolant.

He probably felt the same, and decided to even the field. Would call it even and move on with life.

Make it awkward. Bring your new impact over to help install that axle. Maybe drop a few hints about needing a cordless portaband while your there.

Last edited:
I will never understand people's desire to bring their pets into stores.

I rescue/foster German shepherds. Socialization when they're young is the biggest difference between having a well behaved pet vs a liability.

That being said, they only go to HD/ Lowes, Tractor Supply, or the pet store where they are welcome. And we train to leave people alone unless they want to pet a dog.

I've fostered a mean motherfucker before. Couldn't adopt him out for liability. Great dog for me, would tolerate family and friends, but he'd try his damnedest to get through the glass if a panhandler got too close to the truck. Eventually had to put him down for it. Trying to make sure that doesn't ever happen to one of my dogs again.

Any decent programs for designing a building? Home Depot has a free one which...works but a little wonky. something that would select types of trusses and stuff. I've tried three or four but they're all sort of a mess to use.

Any decent programs for designing a building? Home Depot has a free one which...works but a little wonky. something that would select types of trusses and stuff. I've tried three or four but they're all sort of a mess to use.
just ask who is making the trusses what spacing they gotta be on for your snow load
end walls with doors and shit are non-structural

Metal building?
naw, stick built for right now.

just ask who is making the trusses what spacing they gotta be on for your snow load
end walls with doors and shit are non-structural
just like to have something to visualize. I've been asked by a couple guys to fire off some plans to them so they can get an idea. so far my response has been, imagine a box with a 14' door and a 15' lift inside. :laughing:

Touareg seemed to start a little slowly yesterday morning. Was dead to the world after work. Bummed a jump and headed to the dealer for a battery. Discovered I can't lock the doors while the thing is running (going to have to figure out how to code that out). Luckily no one stole it while it was sitting out front of the dealer running.
Did I mention that the battery is under the driver seat, under the carpet, under the rear HVAC duct. Thanks VW! :flipoff::laughing:

1670942355396.png

just like to have something to visualize. I've been asked by a couple guys to fire off some plans to them so they can get an idea. so far my response has been, imagine a box with a 14' door and a 15' lift inside. :laughing:
Draw it on a piece of paper with your doors in and the direction you want your trusses to run (as was said, you do not want the roof to unload over your doors) and send them that.
If nothing else, trusses running the 32' direction will be a different price than trusses running the 40' direction and doors under the eaves will cost more to put in (due to header strength) than doors under the gables.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh