What's new

Useless things about your day!

Fuck me over 100 and not the hottest part of the day yet, and it's a wet heat. I managed to get my tin cut and put up. Calling it quits now and gonna hide inside with a few cold ones and some netflix or maybe a nap.:laughing:

One railing panel down and
20220824_074822.jpg
20220824_130211.jpg
20220824_130226.jpg
10 more to go.
swenson-shear-42-heavy-duty-metal-roof-and-sheet-metal-straight-cut-shear-m42-m42-296718226556...jpg

cut the bowl thingies outta a stainless kitchen sink
they're gonna be fuel tank heads

now I just gotta get some sheet steel, imagine it's gonna hurt my butt
might even just go with normal steel

what a bummer. I finally have a day to fuck with telemarketers, and I only get one call.

Still hate being a truck mechanic, still haven't found a new profession.

3 YEARS AGO... I bought a S&W m69. Then bought a spring kit for it. Some how the firing pin was lost while swapping out the springs. Ordered a new one and all is well......

Then I find the Fucker. Gun room is on the 2nd floor. It somehow made it down stairs and into the garage. Just right in the middle of the floor...after 3 years. Wtf?

20220824_200257.jpg

Finally got the project truck half ass together, good enough for a road trip.

Had a quarter tank, fuel gauge was working. Put 25 gallons in it, jump in the truck, gauge is buried past E, :mad3:.

I figure another $1500 and I'll have all the bugs we worked out.

Got 4 cavities filled. Never had a cavity before.

Dentist failed to explain it's not fun at all. Almost 3 hours in the chair. I assumed it was like JB Weld over the tooth and not feel like a 3/4" carbide burr going at it on my teeth.

Shit hurts still, even with pain meds I'm on for my back.

Can't drink anything other than room temp. Cold or warm shoots pain in my jaw like I'm getting punched.

Called them to see WTF was going on. "That's normal, should go away in 2-4 weeks"

Last edited:
3 YEARS AGO... I bought a S&W m69. Then bought a spring kit for it. Some how the firing pin was lost while swapping out the springs. Ordered a new one and all is well......

Then I find the Fucker. Gun room is on the 2nd floor. It somehow made it down stairs and into the garage. Just right in the middle of the floor...after 3 years. Wtf?
I was using the drill press in our shop, key always goes in the chuck when you're done with it. I set the key on the bench while cleaning off the drill press table and it vanished, I looked everywhere it was gone. Not knowing anything about keys I bought another one but the pinion was too small so I made a bushing for it.

Fast forward a couple of years and I'm used the drill press again and set the key on the bench and there's two:confused:, the old key reappeared. No one knew where it came from.

The bench next to the drill press is cleaned often because it's also the chopsaw bench so it always needs cleaning.

Dentist failed to explain it's not fun at all. Almost 3 hours in the chair. I assumed it was like JB Weld over the tooth and not feel like a 3/4" carbide burr going at it on my teeth.

Can't drink anything other than room temp. Cold or warm shoots pain in my jaw like I'm getting punched.

Called them to see WTF was going on. "That's normal, should go away in 2-4 works"
My teeth are so fucked. I have been grinding my teeth since I was a little kid. I still have baby teeth because they're worn down so much. The dentin is sticking through. way too late for guards or whatever. Dentist says I have something like 30% left of my teeth. keeps trying to sell me composite teeth, which I have no idea what the hell is involved. he makes it seem so easy.

I feel like I have that done, I'll all be like,
maxresdefault.jpg

In other news, kiddo and I were using the TRX4's all last night. what a blast. I've got a hard plastic XJ body on mine. all the windows busted out, the arms that attach it to the truck are bent and broken. thing just doesn't fit anymore. bought a 79 F250 body for it. wife says she'll paint it up for me. kiddo got all excited when I told him he starts making friends with rc trucks, we can invite them over to drive. eyes lit up and got all excited. glad to have that with him.

Called them to see WTF was going on. "That's normal, should go away in 2-4 works"
the cold sensitivity might not ever go away, mine hasn't in 20 years

My teeth are so fucked. I have been grinding my teeth since I was a little kid. I still have baby teeth because they're worn down so much. The dentin is sticking through. way too late for guards or whatever. Dentist says I have something like 30% left of my teeth. keeps trying to sell me composite teeth, which I have no idea what the hell is involved. he makes it seem so easy.

I feel like I have that done, I'll all be like,
Wife had that problem and they rebuilt them with some tooth like coating. Took like 2hrs and she didn't think it was too bad.

Still trolling the telemarketers. Keep getting this one credit card scam call, once or twice a day.

Kept the guy on the phone for almost 10 mins today before he figured out I was fucking with him. I will be honest. I was not ready for the amount of shit that he had to say, once he figured it out. I was impressed, wrapped up the phone call by arguing who was the bigger piece of shit. And then he hung up on me.

Currently doing research, so tomorrows battle will be a lil more even sided

Resized_20220825_101757.jpeg

Last edited:
I was using the drill press in our shop, key always goes in the chuck when you're done with it. I set the key on the bench while cleaning off the drill press table and it vanished, I looked everywhere it was gone. Not knowing anything about keys I bought another one but the pinion was too small so I made a bushing for it.

Fast forward a couple of years and I'm used the drill press again and set the key on the bench and there's two:confused:, the old key reappeared. No one knew where it came from.

The bench next to the drill press is cleaned often because it's also the chopsaw bench so it always needs cleaning.
Shop gnomes. They also hide my gloves and then I find their stash but it'll always be something like 8 lefts and only 2 rights.

the cold sensitivity might not ever go away, mine hasn't in 20 years
Fuuuck.

I'm pissed that the cavities are on me. I went about 10 years without a cleaning, sort of was on the back burner/didn't have the $$.
Couple places I had called wanted $500-700 to do the first exam and cleaning. (X rays)

Likely would have avoided this headache.

Have 4 to do on the right side as well. Waiting until next year when insurance resets though.
These 4 cost me almost $600 out of pocket.

I have a pile of right gloves because I don't weld with a right glove so they never get burnt up. Need me to send you some? :laughing:
A few days ago I was digging in a box (I'm still slowly unpacking.. ish) and found 2 packs of brand new gloves.
Was like Christmas and 10 birthdays rolled into one.

I put one pack in my luggage to bring north to work and the other pack in a "good spot" so I could find them.
Where this spot is, I have not a clue.

How about industrial maintenance? Plants I work at are all desperate to hire and pay around 30 per hr to start.
I'm open to other industries, I've applied for millwright jobs here and there when they pop up in locations I'd like to live in but the last couple I've applied wanted to put me in an equipment or truck repair position

Top Back Refresh