What's new

Useless things about your day!

I bought the same car (color too) 2 years ago. 2003 5 speed with 205k miles for $1600. Clicked over 230k for minimal maintenance and irregular oil changes. 35mpg's.
I've had it 2.5 weeks and have put 1800 miles on it. Threw a cheap JVC head unit in it so I can have Bluetooth. Its got a few quirks, but it's a great little A to B car. Gave $1800 for it. No ragrets.

I've had it 2.5 weeks and have put 1800 miles on it. Threw a cheap JVC head unit in it so I can have Bluetooth. Its got a few quirks, but it's a great little A to B car. Gave $1800 for it. No ragrets.
Where did you find something like that? Just got lucky on FBMP/CL?

Where did you find something like that? Just got lucky on FBMP/CL?
An acquaintance had it listed for $2k. Sent him a message asking what the friends and family price was. $1800 and a bottle of whiskey. I'll be there with a trailer Saturday.

He upgraded his commuter to a Rav4.

An acquaintance had it listed for $2k. Sent him a message asking what the friends and family price was. $1800 and a bottle of whiskey. I'll be there with a trailer Saturday.

He upgraded his commuter to a Rav4.
Ah neat. You don't find deals like that often.

The 20 y/o honda/toyota are the perfect beater. Reliable, simple, inexpensive.

Great for around town, not something I'd want to road trip in.

The 20 y/o honda/toyota are the perfect beater. Reliable, simple, inexpensive.

Great for around town, not something I'd want to road trip in.
For sure. Hope to get a few years out of it.

I'm the 3rd owner. It came with a folder of service records since new. Even have the original invoice. Dude paid cash. $14,306 out the door on 1/30/04 negotiated down from the sticker of $15,820 :grinpimp:.

Got home and parked. Heard a pop noise and coolant started gushing out somewhere under the hood. Opened the hood and its wet all over the front middle of the engine. Coolant reservoir is dry. I’m hoping it’s something minor like a split hose and not something major. All the coolant seemed to go up and hit the underside of the hood and dispersed from there.

my day just turned to shit. rear seal for my 5h40 compressor shit the bed. its a shitty job where its located. both battery boxes have to come out, i have to move the 30hp electric motor out of the way. remove and install this cocksucker then redo everything. and time is of the essence since i still have fish on board. oh the glorious life i live. haha when the boats not trying to sink itself or light itself on fire this shit happens...
frosty
what kinda refrigerant do you run in that guy?

it runs on 507. gets my 25 ton fishold down to minus 40 Fahrenheit.
20210929_175624.jpg
fuck you seal. i win haha. just gotta reassemble my batteries now and im done and having a few beer.
frosty
what kinda refrigerant do you run in that guy?

my day just turned to shit. rear seal for my 5h40 compressor shit the bed. its a shitty job where its located. both battery boxes have to come out, i have to move the 30hp electric motor out of the way. remove and install this cocksucker then redo everything. and time is of the essence since i still have fish on board. oh the glorious life i live. haha when the boats not trying to sink itself or light itself on fire this shit happens...
20210929_121317.jpg
That sucks, at least it will smell better than if you were running R717...

Aaron Z

You can do it. My 7 year olds tablet got thrown out the back door a couple weeks ago. Threw it like it was frisbee and i was going for the world record. Made it about 40 yards. Surprised myself. Got that little mfers attention. That $ 10 foamy case was money well spent cause it didn't have a scratch. Gave it back to him last week and he was dumbfounded. He had already assumed it was long gone in the trash.

My son was in kindergarten, he had been misbehaving in class, an ongoing thing.
His teacher called me from school to tell me.
I picked him up from school, held his hand, walked thru his room filling a bucket with toys, walked him out to the trash can, dumped it, took the trash can to the curb and put him in timeout at the front door where he watched the trash truck come.
He got a lot better:laughing:
The 1st day of 1st grade, I leaned down told him I loved him, told him I was proud of him, and if his teacher called me from school about his behavior, I was going to throw his toys away:smokin:

6E486BFC-84E2-40D6-AF3A-88B8FC33BBD7.jpeg
Had to go to the parts store in town to compare the hose. Then called 2 other places. Autozone ended up having the hose. It’s not just year, make , model, engine. It’s that plus mono beam suspension or twin beam. I was expecting 2wd or 4wd if anything.
Anyway, didn’t have to pressurize the system more than 2 pumps to find it. Had to take a bunch of shit off to get to it though.

2021-09-30.png

Wife just sent me that. god damned Fatatouille over there. what the fuck

I was going to say, she's had better luck from her office window than my treestand.

No trophy pics of the rat hunt?
I grabbed the 22, but it ran under the pine wood pile we store for campfire and boiling sap. I waited it out, but nothing. So its in there somewhere. no idea.

so while my rivet buster is comically oversized for automotive work, it is woefully undersized for busting up concrete
all the footings on this house, 3' deep max, 'basement' was 4' or so
chimney? that fucker goes down 7' and terminates in a blob of portland cement mortar with no aggregate about the size of a refrigerator
fucking what the fucking hell man
got it 3/4 of the way beaten apart

so while my rivet buster is comically oversized for automotive work, it is woefully undersized for busting up concrete
chimney? that fucker goes down 7' and terminates in a blob of portland cement mortar with no aggregate about the size of a refrigerator
sucks to be you... have u tried c4

But aren't you doing essentially the same things, but with a better knowledge base and skill set:confused:

Ever seen a rebar cage for a 20' long x 10' tall ball wall on a school playground in California.

You are still doing it wrong:flipoff2:
I dunno, I feel like what I'm doing is fairly excessive on the steel when compared to most anything a contractor would do
certainly more steel than the last guy, they had a single axleshaft in all of the 26' back wall, and a small part of a tire chain in the front wall

I dunno, I feel like what I'm doing is fairly excessive on the steel when compared to most anything a contractor would do
certainly more steel than the last guy, they had a single axleshaft in all of the 26' back wall, and a small part of a tire chain in the front wall
:laughing:

To be honest, I've tried to follow your thread and had to step away because my mind cannot absorb the mess you are trying to unfuck :eek:

Best wishes and I'm sure you are over doing it for a residence. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh