What's new

Useless things about your day!

You may not be getting weaker...

Years ago tires started having a new layer mandated by the .gov due to the big Firestone/ Explorer deal. Its a 0 degree layer of cord between the tread stock and belts, and while it does alot of good things for the tire it also makes it a bitch to plug.

These mandates were weird and phased in certain specs, eventually covering everything... but it seemed kinda random. Now everything gets this stuff, but older shit may not have it. Id bet there's still some on the road that dont have it.

Basically, to stick a plug in a ching-chong stock Civic tire today you need to use the same force you woulda used on some 35" BFG/mt 10 years ago.

:the_more_you_know_flying_star.jpg:
interesting.
These are two year old falken summer tires with kevlar and all the shit in them, so I assume that's a big part.
made in j a pan official.
They're done after this season anyway. got noisy AF at the end. Like make you think the car is broken noisy.

interesting.
These are two year old falken summer tires with kevlar and all the shit in them, so I assume that's a big part.
made in j a pan official.
They're done after this season anyway. got noisy AF at the end. Like make you think the car is broken noisy.
Yea, they got it. We call it "snow", I have no idea what the industry refers to it as. Little thin strip of cord, wound over the belts as a layer from shoulder to shoulder before the tread goes on. Purpose is to keep the tire intact if it slings the tread cap off... added benefit is much more durable carcass. Makes a way more puncture resistant tread profile.

Downside is it's a bitch to plug tires now, and I give up- leaving shit on jack stands as I take the stupid goddam POS to the tire shop to get a plug/patch covered in sweat and hating life.

:laughing:

One benefit to having these hyper ass kids... when I've got something to do, like dirtwork- they'll help out.

Her little ass has already sprayed me 3-4 times on the tractor, "OOPS SORRY DADDY!" laughing like I don't know what's going on. Yea keep it up Sparky. We'll see who's laughing when I bury all your Peppa Pig bullshit out here by the creek.

20210922_165439.jpg

Trying to determine what size square tube to use for the post for my side gate I need to build. Gate will be Single swing, 6’ height, about 12’ wide.
Options at the moment are new 20’ pieces. Figure I would end up using 10’ but have no use for the rest.
3x3x.25 for $191
4x4x.25 for $265
Or
10’ of 4”x4x.250 powder coated from fence supplier for $327
10’ of powdercoated 6x6x.250 for $422
Or
Picked up a couple ~5’ pieces of 6x6x.125 that I can weld together.
I’ve been searching Craigslist but having no luck. Called old jobs and no luck either. Will be calling metal suppliers that sell drops this week but would most likely have to drive out there to look

I think I have some 4 x 4 x .25 8' or 10' sticks kicking around the warehouse I would sell cheap, like really cheap. PM me your number and I'll snap some pictures when I'm there this afternoon.

I think I have some 4 x 4 x .25 8' or 10' sticks kicking around the warehouse I would sell cheap, like really cheap. PM me your number and I'll snap some pictures when I'm there this afternoon.
How many you got, I need to build a gate, or three. I’ll drive from Sac for a good price.

Yea, they got it. We call it "snow", I have no idea what the industry refers to it as. Little thin strip of cord, wound over the belts as a layer from shoulder to shoulder before the tread goes on. Purpose is to keep the tire intact if it slings the tread cap off... added benefit is much more durable carcass. Makes a way more puncture resistant tread profile.

Downside is it's a bitch to plug tires now, and I give up- leaving shit on jack stands as I take the stupid goddam POS to the tire shop to get a plug/patch covered in sweat and hating life.

unfortunately I have no spare tire for this pile, wife was at work so unless I wanted to carry this fucker up the road on a bicycle I was plugging it myself if I was going to make the rest of my day happen.

which is how I ended up sweaty and hating life swinging a deadblow at a plug tool in a tire.

I'll shoot you a picture in a bit. Might be thinner than .25 Could only find 4. 2 are galvy, one of the galvy ones has a pie cut out of it, and one of the raw ones has a couple holes drilled in it. Also didn't have a tape, might be shorter than 8'. They were sleeves for an 8' trex type fence.

How many you got, I need to build a gate, or three. I’ll drive from Sac for a good price.
Only found 4 so far. If I find any more I'll let you know.

I think your the one that taught me peppa pig was a girl. I still ponder it when its on.

Oh and just use yur cordless drill and whatever smallish bit you have laying around instaed of the plug reamer thing.
One benefit to having these hyper ass kids... when I've got something to do, like dirtwork- they'll help out.

Her little ass has already sprayed me 3-4 times on the tractor, "OOPS SORRY DADDY!" laughing like I don't know what's going on. Yea keep it up Sparky. We'll see who's laughing when I bury all your Peppa Pig bullshit out here by the creek.

20210922_165439.jpg

unfortunately I have no spare tire for this pile
did you get the dumbs?
I know for a fact that you've got a set of winters

besides the point that you should have at least a compact spare from the junkyard tossed in the trunk somewhere

Well I mean, no... I wouldn't do that... but I COULD. And she needs to understand that I could.

:flipoff2:
You can do it. My 7 year olds tablet got thrown out the back door a couple weeks ago. Threw it like it was frisbee and i was going for the world record. Made it about 40 yards. Surprised myself. Got that little mfers attention. That $ 10 foamy case was money well spent cause it didn't have a scratch. Gave it back to him last week and he was dumbfounded. He had already assumed it was long gone in the trash.

Went out to eat at a catfish diner, and a guy I went to college and hadnt seen in years came up to me. Still knew my first and last name and acted like long lost friends. No idea what his was and we mustve drank 3-4 nights a week and had classes together.

Luckily my wife is trained well and understands if I introduce someone without saying their name, I dont have a fucking clue.

Soon as he said his name it was like a lightbulb went off. I could tell you his hometown and what truck he drove :laughing:

Damn I'm getting old.

Went out to eat at a catfish diner, and a guy I went to college and hadnt seen in years came up to me. Still knew my first and last name and acted like long lost friends. No idea what his was and we mustve drank 3-4 nights a week and had classes together.

Luckily my wife is trained well and understands if I introduce someone without saying their name, I dont have a fucking clue.

Soon as he said his name it was like a lightbulb went off. I could tell you his hometown and what truck he drove :laughing:

Damn I'm getting old.
Drinking cheap booze three to four nights a week will do that. :flipoff2:

Graduating high school class was only around 40 people. Probably couldn’t name half right now.

I can remember a face of someone I met once in 5th grade... name? I can't remember the name of the guy working next to me and I've known him for 15 years. Unbeknownst to him, he is "high pants flat top". But really he's probably Terry or Robert or something.

I just tell people that I'm going to forget their name immediately.
Then at least they're forewarned when I don't know their name 30 seconds later.

You can do it. My 7 year olds tablet got thrown out the back door a couple weeks ago. Threw it like it was frisbee and i was going for the world record. Made it about 40 yards. Surprised myself. Got that little mfers attention. That $ 10 foamy case was money well spent cause it didn't have a scratch. Gave it back to him last week and he was dumbfounded. He had already assumed it was long gone in the trash.
We tried that shit with my kid when she was 5. Took all her barbies away and told her we were throwing them out. She was all "fine, I don't care".

I "hid" them in the loft in the garage. Almost a year later we decide she has been good enough to get them back. Smart ass little shit "oh I know you didn't throw them out, dad stuck them in the garage" Not once in that time did she ask for or whine about them. I love my kiddo:laughing:

I can remember a face of someone I met once in 5th grade... name? I can't remember the name of the guy working next to me and I've known him for 15 years. Unbeknownst to him, he is "high pants flat top". But really he's probably Terry or Robert or something.

Yup, same. I have an eye for faces, fuck if I can remember their names though. I don't give a fuck anymore and straight up tell people, I remember you form such and such, but have no idea what your name is. Only slightly embarrassed when 90% of them remember my name:lmao:

Big brother is listening.

I'm watching a WWII documentary on Youtoob. All the ads were for black rifle coffee company. I paused it and went to talk to the wife.

We're refinancing our house. Wife comes in with the mail and our refinance documents. We had a quick chat jokingly about how our credit score is in the shitter because we bounced a check a couple months ago (first check I have EVER bounced due to a clerical error on our bank's part). It went from 815ish to 795ish.

We filled out the paperwork and I came back to the TV.

Now all the ads are for experian and how to boost your credit score.

Yup, same. I have an eye for faces, fuck if I can remember their names though. I don't give a fuck anymore and straight up tell people, I remember you form such and such, but have no idea what your name is. Only slightly embarrassed when 90% of them remember my name:lmao:
"Yea, you went with us to see Alice in Chains in Shreveport in HS. You had that clean 71 stepside with the lumpy cam 327. You puked on mad dog 20/20 that night, and laughed at Matt when he got punched by that giant viking looking mother fucker. You dumped your keys in a mud puddle when we dropped you off at your house, and your mom opened the door PISSED. You had a red Heeler named Lucifer, and yall got him from Ramage farms."

[not even a clue what his name was]

Priced a 20' used conex this week. $5250.00 without delivery. :eek:

Double what I was paying pre-covid.

We tried that shit with my kid when she was 5. Took all her barbies away and told her we were throwing them out. She was all "fine, I don't care".

I "hid" them in the loft in the garage. Almost a year later we decide she has been good enough to get them back. Smart ass little shit "oh I know you didn't throw them out, dad stuck them in the garage" Not once in that time did she ask for or whine about them. I love my kiddo:laughing:

I just tell people when I meet them that it takes at least a dozen interactions before I'm going to remember their name.

I can tell you the first and last name along with street address of just about everyone that walks into my building.

Its weird though, I see them in the street and its far more difficult to pin who they are. I can nail just about every one when they're here though.

I’m terrible with names. If I can make an association with someone I might remember. One guy has a wrapped charger, another has a prosthetic thumb, another has fallen in the water a few times at work, etc. but you can tell me your name and introduce me to someone else and I’ve already forgotten the first persons name.
But I still remember stupid useless shit like my debit card number from 2003 🙄

Looking at an 04 Civic 5 speed tomorrow. 179k for under $2k. I'm putting 600 miles a week on my truck. It's a 16 with 160k. Time to slow that down.

Screenshot_20210910-101602_Chrome.jpg

I bought the same car (color too) 2 years ago. 2003 5 speed with 205k miles for $1600. Clicked over 230k for minimal maintenance and irregular oil changes. 35mpg's.

Yea, I wouldn't mind something like that.

my day just turned to shit. rear seal for my 5h40 compressor shit the bed. its a shitty job where its located. both battery boxes have to come out, i have to move the 30hp electric motor out of the way. remove and install this cocksucker then redo everything. and time is of the essence since i still have fish on board. oh the glorious life i live. haha when the boats not trying to sink itself or light itself on fire this shit happens...
20210929_121317.jpg

Attachments

• 20210929_122937.jpg
    20210929_122937.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Top Back Refresh