What's new

Useless things about your day!

Close in fire 2 nights ago was intentionally set, they have closed the 260e ar Star Valley. There is also another fire up at Heber. Family all came here last night cause I am closer to the only exit. We are ready to go at a moments notice.

Close in fire 2 nights ago was intentionally set, they have closed the 260e ar Star Valley. There is also another fire up at Heber. Family all came here last night cause I am closer to the only exit. We are ready to go at a moments notice.
man that sucks. stay safe..

Yep, Forest service leo said 2 vehicles were seen lighting a fire and leaving, Fire Chief has been running the Water Tender because the younger guys can't float a 12 speed, They found burnt cardboard were the fire was started.

Finally got around to some fence work. Apparently farmers use old motor oil on their fences and trailer decks. So I collected way to damn much from a few buddies, pressure washed the 3yr old cedar fence and rolled some on. Turned out alright so we’ll see how long it lasts. The smell isn’t bad either
bonus that the overspray kills the grass under the fence.

Yep, Forest service leo said 2 vehicles were seen lighting a fire and leaving, Fire Chief has been running the Water Tender because the younger guys can't float a 12 speed, They found burnt cardboard were the fire was started.
I mean, fucking why?

I mean, fucking why?
That's what I don't get either.. why set fires like this? I kinda understand the dumbasses that leave a campfire. while stupid it usually isn't intentional. What is the point of setting fires in the NF intentionally?

That's what I don't get either.. why set fires like this? I kinda understand the dumbasses that leave a campfire. while stupid it usually isn't intentional. What is the point of setting fires in the NF intentionally?

I get that. Yeah, you're fucking stupid, but it wasn't malicious.
I cannot fathom why anyone would want to just set the woods on fire, and I'm of the wants to watch it burn type.

I have a buddy that use to be a volunteer fire fighter in a town in western Kansas. He said one year they were having a lot of grass fires and couldn't figure out why. Turns out there was a mentally handicapped guy that liked to watch the fire trucks drive by. He would go set grass fires and then stand in his front yard and wave as the trucks went by.

I don't get it either though.

I have a buddy that use to be a volunteer fire fighter in a town in western Kansas. He said one year they were having a lot of grass fires and couldn't figure out why. Turns out there was a mentally handicapped guy that liked to watch the fire trucks drive by. He would go set grass fires and then stand in his front yard and wave as the trucks went by.

I don't get it either though.
I live in a small town east of KC with mostly volunteer FD. A few years before I met my wife and moved to this area they had a lot of structure fires. A lot more than normal. Ended up being one of the new volunteers starting them so he could be hero/first on scene. :shaking::shaking:

Had an older woman in here, paying a couple grand in cash. Just sold her car on CL. Said she was all worried about the deal because she didn't want to end up like George Floyd.

wat
Did ya suggest that she kick the Fentanyl so she wouldn't have that problem?

some humans are programmed wrong and they need a reboot

agreed
though the squirrels are smart, I only had to kill about 30 of them before they no longer see my yard as a safe space
haven't seen one in a year or so
taken from my living room window.
sneaky little fuckers can't be trusted.

Attachments

• IMG_20210621_084700744.jpg
    IMG_20210621_084700744.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 28
taken from my living room window.
sneaky little fuckers can't be trusted.
see I'd be out there trying my best to get directly underneath it so I could put a 115gr piece of metal in its ass
got neighbors you see, so you gotta get right under them before shooting at them when they're in trees

Did ya suggest that she kick the Fentanyl so she wouldn't have that problem?
I guess that depends if Fentanyl is something she'd read on Facebook.

see I'd be out there trying my best to get directly underneath it so I could put a 115gr piece of metal in its ass
got neighbors you see, so you gotta get right under them before shooting at them when they're in trees
Never shoot straight up.

never give advice about a subject you have no knowledge on
Treat all guns as loaded.
Muzzle control.
Finger off trigger until ready to fire.
Look what is beyond your target.

open sky is not a safe backstop. especially when you mention something about neighbors.

I suggest going back and retaking some firearm safety courses.

Muzzle control.

open sky is not a safe backstop. especially when you mention something about neighbors.

Oh fuck off Karen.

If he points that thing closer to straight up than to level the bullet is going so far before it comes back down that it will more or less be free-falling.

People like you are how we wound up with bullshit licensing requirements.

Muzzle control.

Shooting up into trees with .22's to kill squirrels is how most kids in the midwest learn to hunt.

I dispatch cats in the yard with a 22 rifle from inside the house on the second story. Always shooting down.
The squirrels are assholes, but my wife likes them so they are on the protected species list.
She wants to kill all the bunnies because they eat the flowers. We compromised.
That flower bed is now theirs, even let the weeds grow so they have cover.
the bunnies amuse me enough that I will tolerate the squirrels.
I need to build fun squirrel maze traps and shit so the squirrels can amuse me as well.

I was always told to never, ever fire upwards. Always towards the ground if you have to. Squirrels come down eventually.

I was always told to never, ever fire upwards. Always towards the ground if you have to. Squirrels come down eventually.
Most of the time they won't. If you are hunting a thick canopy timber like we have in our area they will travel by jumping from tree to tree to avoid danger, that's just how they are. I've shot hundreds of tree rats, and 95% of them were in trees.

depends.

If you're in the woods a 22 round isn't leaving the woods.
would not do with centerfire rifle shit.
9mm? maybe, but I wouldn't be hunting squirrels like a fucking psycho with a pistol and a 30 rd glock extendo magazine.

I live in the dead nuts of the woods and never fire into trees. There's nothing behind my house for miles. I pop squirrels and chippies all the time. I never aim upwards. It was just something that was instilled into me.

I live in the dead nuts of the woods and never fire into trees. There's nothing behind my house for miles. I pop squirrels and chippies all the time. I never aim upwards. It was just something that was instilled into me.
I know what you are saying, but i have no problem with dropping coons, squirrels, porcupines, crows, just about anything that would be up a tree so long as there is no hazard of shotting something unintentionally in the back ground.

I know what you are saying, but i have no problem with dropping coons, squirrels, porcupines, crows, just about anything that would be up a tree so long as there is no hazard of shotting something unintentionally in the back ground.

I forgot about coon hunting. Those guys are shooting into trees at night.

How do you bird hunt? :confused:

Top Back Refresh