What's new
  • If you have not received the email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please use the Contact Us Form and let us know your username.

If you have a Yahoo! email, they are currently blocking everything the site sends. Please contact us dierctly with the link above.

Uni... Balls

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
anyone build anything with uniballs? likes? dislikes?

Looking at building/modifying my own a-arms for a Toyota 4runner. Seems like a decent alternative to ball joints.

KIT4-2.jpg

HYDRODYNAMIC

Rock Stacker
Member Number
They are high maintenance VS a sealed ball joint. On a daily driver expect to be cleaning and lubing or changing them out. For a low use application or racing, changing them out is not a problem.
I am currently helping design a Toyota Tundra upper control arm which will probably be the nicest one available and it has urethane bushings and a sealed ball joint, no rod ends or uni-balls. It is not about cost either, its about the best product.

Hyde

Andgoseek
Member Number
I've seen a lot of uniball upper control arms on Toy lift kits, they get loose fast in a daily driver application.

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Just picked up my first set for a project, like everyone said, they are strong, but not long lasting. You can tell just looking at them.

​​​

Last edited:

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Ya, fuck uniballs, welded the ends on and of course they warped a little. Tried using the press to coax them in and fucked up the housing and the insert:mad3:

Maybe I'm an idiot, but I won't be using them again.

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
Well then, doesnt seem like the most user friendly solution. Being able to just drill the arms for 3/4 and bearings/cups were easily swapped sounded like a go to.

May look into the biggest bolt in BJs I can source and see about reaming the arms