What's new
  • If you have not received the email confirmation check your Spam folder. If it's not there please use the Contact Us Form and let us know your username.

If you have a Yahoo! email, they are currently blocking everything the site sends. Please contact us dierctly with the link above.

Unapproved post - needs approval from a mod because it might be spam?

Yota Up

Granite Guru
Member Number
Really? I responded to a post and posted. Post went up. I then saw I left out a word or two and wanted to clean it up. So I edited the post and when I clicked save it showed up all green and said it's unapproved because it might be spam.

Why would the first post be allowed and then the edit is the thing that gets flagged? Makes no sense because if someone is spamming then the spam would be in the first post wouldn't it?

The_Internet

Nerd Herder
Member Number
Really? I responded to a post and posted. Post went up. I then saw I left out a word or two and wanted to clean it up. So I edited the post and when I clicked save it showed up all green and said it's unapproved because it might be spam.

Why would the first post be allowed and then the edit is the thing that gets flagged? Makes no sense because if someone is spamming then the spam would be in the first post wouldn't it?

Maybe you just suck at posting?

Yota Up

Granite Guru
Member Number
Or maybe it was because you posted it twice, aka, spam. :stirthepot:

I posted the second one because I thought it would go through since the first did not. I didn't know if it was tied into editing only, so assumed to just post again as a fresh post.
I'll delete the duplicate. Thanks.

And yes, maybe I suck at posting because I have to edit and clean them up a lot. It's like I'm getting dumber day by day and tend to leave words out because I type too fast or something.

Either way, can the mods just go ahead and flag me as a non-spammer and just preapprove all my posts going forward?

dnsfailure

WHAT GEAR ARE YOU IN?
Member Number
it definitely has something to do with editing. I've had it happen a few times to me, but the post usually goes through shortly after.

FJC11

Asshole
Member Number

I pm'd Austin cause that happened to me last week , he didn't respond but it only happened one time.

trampas

Don't Re Member
Member Number
I believe there are glitches in this vB version, and this is likely one of them. Hang tight, the next release should fix a lot of the small issues users are experiencing.

MochaMike

All Whee Drive!
Member Number
Austin is aware of this & has been working on it.

Did you post some sort of link or photo with a URL? That's been triggering it.

There are various settings & features in the software that need to be ironed out (baby steps).

If it happens to anyone else, simply post up in the Help channel (forum) or PM Austin.

87manche

kinder and gentler
Member Number
happened to me in the mci bus thread in tow rigs.

I think I was posting a link.

Arickvan

PBB transfer
Member Number

fawk off ya bot! :flipoff2:

ev13wt

eVil.TwiT since 2005
Member Number
It happened to me when I copy pasted a wiki article with a bunch on links in it, then speed edited it (copy to and from text editor) it. Then it was flagged for spam.
So I deleted it and reposted without the links again and that one came through.

FJC11

Asshole
Member Number
Austin is aware of this & has been working on it.

Did you post some sort of link or photo with a URL? That's been triggering it.

There are various settings & features in the software that need to be ironed out (baby steps).

If it happens to anyone else, simply post up in the Help channel (forum) or PM Austin.

For me it was just text , tried to respond to a eviltwat post and no edit just a normal text response.

Yota Up

Granite Guru
Member Number
I believe there are glitches in this vB version, and this is likely one of them. Hang tight, the next release should fix a lot of the small issues users are experiencing.

Makes sense. Yesterday the time of last post was messed up. Usually it's most recent activity up top, but all of a sudden I was seeing 2hrs ago, followed by 20 min ago, followed by 1hr ago, etc.

trampas

Don't Re Member
Member Number
Makes sense. Yesterday the time of last post was messed up. Usually it's most recent activity up top, but all of a sudden I was seeing 2hrs ago, followed by 20 min ago, followed by 1hr ago, etc.

Yes. That's an issue with this release and Austin is working on getting help with a fix.

Gatorgrizz27

Member Number
Had it happen to me, I’ve decided to just keep my mouth shut lest VS roll in here with their “updated software.” :flipoff2: