What's new

Ultrasonic Cleaners

got mine off of amazon, i love it it is 10L size and cleans anything that fits in it. One word of advice put your parst in a ziplock bag and and the cleaning agent to that and just fill the cleaner with water, It is so much cleaner and you dont have to clean out the ultrasonc every time

I have HF's ultrasonic cleaner. It work, but can be better, imho. seem to be touchy on where I put parts in the cleaner. some area clean the part better, while some other area seem to be 'deadzone'. it still did the job, regardless I used it to clean 12v cummins fuel injectors and some other small parts. I couldn't get it to clean injectors with just water and general cleaning solution from HF, even with heater turned on and steaming hot.

I dumped water out and filled it up with evaporust. work AMAZING and even faster once it's heated up, made injectors to look like new again, took all of 'stains' and rust off and gone.

Last edited:
I have used ultrasonic cleaners for anything that fits in them since I first worked at an aircraft shop and we used one to clean fuel injectors (leaded fuel likes to plug them up after a while). Have the HF one at home and agree with TrailTamer on it being "ok" but gets the job done. I want a larger one to replace it someday.

I will have to try out BUCKWILD 's tip on the ziplock bag as greasy parts will dirty up the solution instantly, would be nice to not be replacing all the water every part.

I cant say i have tried to remove rust with it. Not sure if it will or not, have to experiment

I have two of them one 20 l and one 30l they are cheap ones off Ebay. I use diesel and atf(66/33 or so) in one and a myriad of chemicals depending on what it getting cleaned in the 'clean' one. They are super handy for cleaning sludge(grease/dirt/metal paste, ect) off parts. The heat seems to make a big difference they will get the parts/ fluid too hot to handle.

I cant say i have tried to remove rust with it. Not sure if it will or not, have to experiment

I use evaporust in mine for and it absolutely will remove rust, especially if you have the time to get her up to 100 (50c) degrees or so.

Last edited:
I use evaporust in mine for and it absolutely will remove rust, especially if you have the time to get her up to 100 (50c) degrees or so.

I've been wanting to try this. I keep a ~5 pail of evaporust around at all times and just recently picked up a little ultrasonic cleaner. Both work great and I've been wondering how the evaporust would do heated and in the ultrasonic.

We have the same brand but just the bigger one at the shop and it works great.

The best cleaner we have found is just purple power. 75 to 90% water and the rest purple power. 100% purple power doesn't clean faster.

We haven't tried it on anything rusty.

But it does how ever work amazing on carbon or dirty greasy stuff. Try to get 90% of the dirt/grease off before you throw it in the Ultra Sonic, the more you remove before it goes in the less you have to change the fluid.

Another good tip for small parts is to use straight water in the tank and put the small parts and cleaner in a glass jar and dunk that in the tank. Just fill the jar enough that it doesn't float. Keeps from wasting cleaner on small parts batches and is less to clean up/dispose.

So the glass/plastic don't interfere with the cleaning action? I had lined my basket with a plastic mesh to hold smaller parts from falling through the wire basket and it had a noticeable reduction in cleaning.

I tried 3 of the HF version and they never worked well but a buddy has one and it seem to work okay.

I bought a cheap used unit off Ebay and it was junk, internal were hammered and just wore out. Ended up getting a "certified" used Elma E100H and it's worked pretty well cleaning wise. I had an issue with the plastic knob that opens and closes the drain valve and seem to have got that sorted.

Using glass jars, I don't notice any appreciable difference in effectiveness. I'd be tempted to try it with a metal can too.

Any other cleaner solution suggestions? Cleaning my edelbrock 750, watched some youtube vids on solutions etc. Dawn dish and orange cleaner was one of em. Gonna use my buddys ultra sonic

I just did a carb in mime, I used lacquer thinner, lol, got my longest extension cord and had it about 50' from the barn, it did a hell of a job cleaning that carb and didn't catch on fire either, lol

I just did a carb in mime, I used lacquer thinner, lol, got my longest extension cord and had it about 50' from the barn, it did a hell of a job cleaning that carb and didn't catch on fire either, lol
This seems to be the kind of situation where the sealed jar trick would be great. Run some nasty volatile solvent in the jar. Run plan old water everywhere else.

I just bought one for cleaning some carbs and a bunch of air tools I was trying to repair. I got a cheapo unit of ebay, 3l and 65 bucks. I used the glass jar method and for a cleaner, I used acetone. Holy mackeral did that clean the small parts well. With it being so small, I used a quart jar with acetone, then used simple green in the rest of the tank to clean plastic parts. It worked really well, but holy hell is the sound annoying.

Any other cleaner solution suggestions? Cleaning my edelbrock 750, watched some youtube vids on solutions etc. Dawn dish and orange cleaner was one of em. Gonna use my buddys ultra sonic

I've heard people swear by water diluted pinsol for ultrasonic cleaning, the pictures do look impressive. No first hand experience, I've only got the little HF heated cleaner.

i bought a 3L ultrasonic cleaner off of Ebay about 5 years ago and it has been great. I've really use three different cleaning solutions in it:

Evaporust
Krud Kutter
Berrymans Chem-Dip carb and parts cleaner.

I after use, i pour it thru a rag and back into the gallon jug or can so i can reuse it. The cleaner the parts are going in, the better they come out. The heating function really helps all of these cleaners work better.

Evaporust works great on rusty parts. I was rebuilding a brake master cylinder for an old Mercedes that was not available. The one i had was rusted solid. It took some time, but i was able to get it completely apart and rebuild it with new seals and it worked great!

Krud Kutter is used for general cleaning of dirty parts, i probably use this the least.

Berrymans Chem Dip is my go-to for small engine and atv carbs. My boys (9 & 12) have been collecting non-op lawn equipment and fixing and selling and have made close to $1000 cleaning carbs with it. My rototiller wouldn't stay running this spring. 20 minutes in the Ultrasonic and it came out looking brand new and it runs perfect now.

Mine gets used all the time. I have tried putting the part and solution in a ziploc bag and it worked OK. The one time was that i didn't have enough Evaporust and just filled the UC with water. It took a few cycles, but worked fine.

I ahve the big ass one from Amazon. Exaclty the same reason. The entire dirtbike carb fits. I use simple green usually for the carbs.

I too use a glass jar for smaller parts. Works fine.

My ghettofied cleaner. palm sander, Duct tape and whatever container fits the part I need to clean. Used this method for years. I've never found the need for different frequencies to get things clean.
The first pic was what was left in the bottom after cleaning an old rusty 520 motorcycle chain for something artsy for the GF.

Attachments

• US Cleaner 1.jpg
    US Cleaner 1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 69
  • US Cleaner2.jpg
    US Cleaner2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 75
My ghettofied cleaner. palm sander, Duct tape and whatever container fits the part I need to clean. Used this method for years. I've never found the need for different frequencies to get things clean.
The first pic was what was left in the bottom after cleaning an old rusty 520 motorcycle chain for something artsy for the GF.

Tried that. In my opinion, it doesn't compare to a 40kh ultrasonic cleaner.

Tried that. In my opinion, it doesn't compare to a 40kh ultrasonic cleaner.
I wonder how effective these are. They have them in 50w and 100w, 40k. $50 for the driver and two transducers. Come up with a good way to mount them to different size food service containers like above and you could just size the container for the project you're working on and not worry about wasting cleaning solution.

1620852101315.png

I won

I wonder how effective these are. They have them in 50w and 100w, 40k. $50 for the driver and two transducers. Come up with a good way to mount them to different size food service containers like above and you could just size the container for the project you're working on and not worry about wasting cleaning solution.

1620852101315.png

I won
i bought one of those kits for a project i was working on but never finished. the hardest part is how to mount the transducers. if you come up with any great ideas, let us know. I wanted to be able to remove the transducer incase i needed to make adjustments...and glad i did because the piece of 12ga SS i mounted it to was too thick or small to vibrate enough to transmit the frequency to the liquid. i wanted to make it so i could submerge the transducer into a bucket or tank and vibrate it clean, but it didn't really work

also, do NOT accidently touch the contacts on the transducers!!!! I do not know what the power is to them, but it burned a hole in my finger that hurt for a week! way worse than a burn, so be careful!

Well tried my budddies UC big enough to put both halves of the carb and i put all the little pieces into separate containers all at once

Pretty cool has hi/lo, temp set, power level and timer. 5.gallons of water and simple green mix, fucker took an hour to get to temp. I didnt have time to hang around so it might have got 30 mins from 100 degrees to 130 degrees temp cleaning. I also did not do 50/50 mix bc heard simple green might* oxidize then aluminum black.

But it did most of the cleaning and i worked while it worked. Gonna finish it of with chem dip to final clean.

I use NMP at work (long chem name) but you can heat it up HOT and its not corrosive. Really stinky stuff and needs adequate ventalation but i have used it in crock pots to clean pump parts with hardened catalayst (isocyanates).

I didnt have any clean leftover NMP and can only get in 5gallons but that shit is the real fkn deal, if yall know how nasty urethane catalyst is and how hard it sets when exposed to air, once NMP is hot the catalyst just comes off as a skin. But main reason in not using NMP is the disposal of that shit, not worth it for just a carb. And its $$$

Top Back Refresh