What's new

Ultra4Jones race thread

Ultra4Jones

ricky racer
race
Member Number
Loc
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Like all of you, I am walking away from Pirate after many years. I never really started a thread over there for my race efforts, so I'll start fresh with this site! Just finished KOH 2021 and have yet to even wash the car. 11th in 4800, 14th overall for the EMC day. I'll start posting up pics and get this thread going. updates will happen every few days, so be patient with me.

KOH2021 jackhammer.jpg
KOH2021 jackhammer.jpg
pics from Jackhammer

Awesome!! Love seeing your updates on the instacram but this place is more better for the pictures! Keep em coming!

Hey welcome to forums! Congrats on the finish! I spent my drive from KoH to St.Louis binge listening to the Wheeling Wine and Whiskey podcasts, glad to hear your steering held up! If you are still having issues RadialDynamics may be able to help. He comes from a industrial fluid mechanics background and recently started getting into hydro on buggies. He just got a patent on some new parts but I'm sure he can tell you all about it if you want to hit him up.

I got a few pics of your rig in the sand approaching the backdoor area. Not the most exciting pics but all the rest of the media was heading to the rocks so I figured I'd go elsewhere and stay out of the pro's way lol.

IMG_0260.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG

Trying some posts from my phone as this will be easier to do on a regular basis than finding time to sit down at the desktop. A couple more pictures and then I’ll drop some text to go with it.

222487B4-F6D7-43B4-ADE8-B34A220A4873.jpeg

CABDFA89-43F8-487B-A702-7B4B0C6B674C.jpeg

The goal of this thread will be to provide more detail on any technical aspects of the car and race program. My Instagram is always going to be a bit more “sponsor centric” platform for me. I miss the old days on pirate where you could tack some metal together and then get lit up for how dumb of an idea it is. So....if you want to see lots of cute, fluffy photos, follow IG posts. If you want the grit, nuts/bolts, stuff, come here. I will be getting the car apart, cleaned up and ready for Moab race over the next few weeks. After Moab, I “should” have a solid plan for the new chassis that I will be building for 2022 race season. Feel free to let me know anything you guys/gals want to see or know. I am an open book and 100% accessible to the off road community.

Heya, eventually I'm going to post this on the Instagram. here's a shot from the bottom of Chocolate thunder

4f4a2b4e-e242-4ccb-b942-3fc9ad54ff5c_rw_1920.jpg?h=46c2c4d270d613a76016a34a79c203aa.jpg

The goal of this thread will be to provide more detail on any technical aspects of the car and race program. My Instagram is always going to be a bit more “sponsor centric” platform for me. I miss the old days on pirate where you could tack some metal together and then get lit up for how dumb of an idea it is. So....if you want to see lots of cute, fluffy photos, follow IG posts. If you want the grit, nuts/bolts, stuff, come here. I will be getting the car apart, cleaned up and ready for Moab race over the next few weeks. After Moab, I “should” have a solid plan for the new chassis that I will be building for 2022 race season. Feel free to let me know anything you guys/gals want to see or know. I am an open book and 100% accessible to the off road community.

That's definitely the shit thing about various social media platforms and where forums rule. I for one will be following along with interest so thanks for keeping us dinosaurs in the loop :smokin:

Hell yeah, glad you see you over here with good tech info.

Top Back Refresh