What's new

Ultra4 Racing El Rey De Las Bajas, San Felipe Mexico

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
Qualifying is this afternoon, and the race is tomorrow :smokin: The 4600 Bronco is making its racing debut at San Felipe with Brad Lovell behind the wheel; it will be interesting to see if a factory-backed new Bronco with portals and a pro driver will dominate the stock class or not. Justin Reece will be out there with the 4619 Toyota pick up that won 1st both at King of the Hammers and the Area BFE beatdown earlier this year, so it will be interesting to see if he'll be able to pull of another win as the second 2-time 4600 king. Of course, most of the big names from the upper classes will be out there as well; the Campbells, the Gomez brothers, Healey, Scherer, Slawson, Shirley, Horschel, etc. Should be a good race :grinpimp:

Here's the link for the live feed that will be up later today:
Ultra4 Racing LIVE!

Here's the schedule/details:
  • Friday, May 14 – Qualifying
    • 4:00 PM Qualifying
    • 7:00 PM Parade down the Malecon (all drivers)
  • Saturday, May 15 - Race Day
    • 9 AM - 1 PM UTV and all EMC classes
    • 2 PM - 7 PM 4400 Unlimited class
Lap counts per class (22 mile laps)

4600 - 2 (44-mile race) Take the Stock bypass both laps

4900 - 3 (66-mile race) Big rocks every lap, no joker lines no bypass

4500 / 4800 – 4 (88-mile race) Big rocks every lap, no joker lines no bypass

4400 - 5 (110-mile race) Big rocks every lap, no joker lines no bypass

There will be one main hot pit (similar to 2019) and no remote pits

This is a NO CHASE race, like usual.

How did qualifying go? Where is a good source for specs on the bronco?

How did qualifying go? Where is a good source for specs on the bronco?
The 4600 Bronco blew everyone one else's times in 4600 out of the water. Justin Reece skipped qualifying as usual though. The 4400 guys put on a show as expected.

Here is a link to the results: 2021 El Rey de Las Bajas Qualifying Times

Here is a press release on the Bronco: Bronco 4600 Race Truck Showcases Why It’s The Future Of Off-Road Racing | Torque News

It is a 2 door, 2.7L V6, 10 speed. I am not sure what it is running for a transfer case, but it has a Dana rear axle (not sure exactly what it is, probably from the new Advantek line) and coil overs at all 4 corners since the new Bronco technically comes with coil overs from the factory. The biggest thing is that they are running Weld 74 portals on the IFS.
ford-bronco-4600-17.jpg

Watched Qualifying Friday and been watching racing this morning.

For the first time this year, the Premium Coverage is actually different than the free FaceSpace/YouTube coverage.

Qualifying is this afternoon, and the race is tomorrow :smokin: The 4600 Bronco is making its racing debut at San Felipe with Brad Lovell behind the wheel; it will be interesting to see if a factory-backed new Bronco with portals and a pro driver will dominate the stock class or not. Justin Reece will be out there with the 4619 Toyota pick up that won 1st both at King of the Hammers and the Area BFE beatdown earlier this year, so it will be interesting to see if he'll be able to pull of another win as the second 2-time 4600 king. Of course, most of the big names from the upper classes will be out there as well; the Campbells, the Gomez brothers, Healey, Scherer, Slawson, Shirley, Horschel, etc. Should be a good race :grinpimp:

Here's the link for the live feed that will be up later today:
Ultra4 Racing LIVE!

Here's the schedule/details:
  • Friday, May 14 – Qualifying
    • 4:00 PM Qualifying
    • 7:00 PM Parade down the Malecon (all drivers)
  • Saturday, May 15 - Race Day
    • 9 AM - 1 PM UTV and all EMC classes
    • 2 PM - 7 PM 4400 Unlimited class
Lap counts per class (22 mile laps)

4600 - 2 (44-mile race) Take the Stock bypass both laps

4900 - 3 (66-mile race) Big rocks every lap, no joker lines no bypass

4500 / 4800 – 4 (88-mile race) Big rocks every lap, no joker lines no bypass

4400 - 5 (110-mile race) Big rocks every lap, no joker lines no bypass

There will be one main hot pit (similar to 2019) and no remote pits

This is a NO CHASE race, like usual.
Awesome; thanks for the link! :smokin::beer:

Watched Qualifying Friday and been watching racing this morning.

For the first time this year, the Premium Coverage is actually different than the free FaceSpace/YouTube coverage.

Update on my own post. The Premium coverage was different for the majority of the morning races (EMC and 4900). However, I’ve compared the free coverage to the Premium coverage a dozen times and the coverage/cameras have been the exact same with the exception of commercials. Premium equals split screen of commercials and live coverage. Free equals full screen commercials only.

Last edited:
Update on my own post. The Premium coverage was different for the majority of the morning races (EMC and 4900). However, I’ve compared the free coverage to the Premium coverage a dozen times and the coverage/cameras have been the exact same with the exception of commercials. Premium equals split screen of commercials and live coverage. Free equals full screen commercials only.

I got frustrated because at the beginning of the EMC/UTV race, they were just showing the start line even after everyone took off while the announcers were talking about what was happening on course. Was the premium the same way? I figured they were just shafting the free loaders to get them to pony up, but after about 30 minutes they started showing the action on course in the free feed.

I got frustrated because at the beginning of the EMC/UTV race, they were just showing the start line even after everyone took off while the announcers were talking about what was happening on course. Was the premium the same way? I figured they were just shafting the free loaders to get them to pony up, but after about 30 minutes they started showing the action on course in the free feed.

Premium was the same for the start of that race as well. I’m still glad to have the Premium coverage even if it has not been anything close to what was mentioned in the beginning.

I know the announcers were remote in LA with the production folks so you’d think someone would have noticed the difference/sameness of Premium vs Free feed though.

In case others haven’t seen this thread yet, there was an accident between a 4400 and spectator vehicle during the race.

Hey guys! Yes, when we started coverage there was a difference between free live and premium live (and there will continue to be a difference as they evolve), but once Dave realized there was an issue and we only had one camera functional on the free coverage (God Bless streaming live races from the middle of the desert in Baja! LOL), he instantly made the decision onsite to ensure both feeds provided better coverage and pushed the premium coverage to the free coverage. Premium did have alternate camera angles (such as the race drone hot feed all the time) and the commercials were Picture in Picture (as opposed to full screen on the free feed) on Premium.

Premium will continue to evolve (the GAS series has live in car cameras, plus features like In Casey You Missed It, driver interviews, car walk arounds, etc...) as we add newer and newer tech to the premium feed. It is a 12 month subscription, so those who joined recently will also receive the rest of this season (including Montana, Tennessee, Sturgis, Crandon, and Nationals), access to all historical races this year, plus KOH 2022.

Thanks for being a part of the journey with us. When we first started with a webcam on "the other place", who knew it would grow to this? Stoked about where the premium experience will continue to grow and evolve. It's going to be a great ride! www.ultra4racing.com/ultraTV if you're interested in more, or hit me up with a message.

Also, Dave is always available too talk if you have questions (about coverage, race stuff, great ideas, etc.)

Hit me up if you don't have his cell number.

And yes, first post! LOL. I'll be on here more. Thanks!!!

When we first started with a webcam on "the other place", who knew it would grow to this
No kidding, I remember trying to watch that and thinking it would never work. Awesome to see what it’s become, keep up the good work a d thanks for the update.:beer:

edit: oh and welcome!

Hey guys! Yes, when we started coverage there was a difference between free live and premium live (and there will continue to be a difference as they evolve), but once Dave realized there was an issue and we only had one camera functional on the free coverage (God Bless streaming live races from the middle of the desert in Baja! LOL), he instantly made the decision onsite to ensure both feeds provided better coverage and pushed the premium coverage to the free coverage. Premium did have alternate camera angles (such as the race drone hot feed all the time) and the commercials were Picture in Picture (as opposed to full screen on the free feed) on Premium.

Premium will continue to evolve (the GAS series has live in car cameras, plus features like In Casey You Missed It, driver interviews, car walk arounds, etc...) as we add newer and newer tech to the premium feed. It is a 12 month subscription, so those who joined recently will also receive the rest of this season (including Montana, Tennessee, Sturgis, Crandon, and Nationals), access to all historical races this year, plus KOH 2022.

Thanks for being a part of the journey with us. When we first started with a webcam on "the other place", who knew it would grow to this? Stoked about where the premium experience will continue to grow and evolve. It's going to be a great ride! www.ultra4racing.com/ultraTV if you're interested in more, or hit me up with a message.

Also, Dave is always available too talk if you have questions (about coverage, race stuff, great ideas, etc.)

Hit me up if you don't have his cell number.

And yes, first post! LOL. I'll be on here more. Thanks!!!

Welcome and thanks for the detail response. Figured this first year would have some growing pains but excited to have live coverage of all the races across the country and other countries as well. Really crazy to think about coming from a webcam and Chat to now having free coverage, Chat, Premium, multi cameras, live timing, yellow brick, etc!

Oh and look forward to seeing y’all in person at Adventure Offroad in June.

alanzona nice to have you here! Sorry if I came accross too negative, it is truly remarkable what you guys manage to put out considering the remote race locations. Hopefully the growing pains subside and the coverage continues to keep improving each year :smokin:

No kidding, I remember trying to watch that and thinking it would never work. Awesome to see what it’s become, keep up the good work a d thanks for the update.:beer:

edit: oh and welcome!
The original coverage was primarily audio from a race radio held on its side. I remember being part of one of the 1st “productions” at Raush Creek with any kind of remote live cameras. I had Dave’s cell phone, a hot spot and access to the course others did not so I said what the heck. I don’t even remember what platform I was live streaming to. Crazy how far the entire production, from cameras to talent commentating has come. All involved deserve a shit ton of credit!!!

The original coverage was primarily audio from a race radio held on its side. I remember being part of one of the 1st “productions” at Raush Creek with any kind of remote live cameras. I had Dave’s cell phone, a hot spot and access to the course others did not so I said what the heck. I don’t even remember what platform I was live streaming to. Crazy how far the entire production, from cameras to talent commentating has come. All involved deserve a shit ton of credit!!!

No joke. The last two U4 events I went to I've been distracted several times by just the drones and their operators. Thats a sight to see.

The fact that you guys can give us live race coverage of KOH without using a major tv network provider is a freakin feat in itself!
:beer:

Only problem I see with making it better........ My lazy ass will never make it out there to see KOH in person because the coverage of the races is better than ever. The action that has been caught on camera at KOH over the years is priceless. It's hard to be everywhere at once, but with the excelent coverage you sure can be. :smokin:

No joke. The last two U4 events I went to I've been distracted several times by just the drones and their operators. Thats a sight to see.
Drones used to be forbidden. Only Deke and crew had permission to fly drones for the longest time.

Top Back Refresh