What's new

Ultra4 Racing Area BFE Beatdown

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
The Area BFE Beatdown is the first Western Series Ultra4 race this season after King of the Hammers, anyone planning on tuning in? I am wondering whether the 4600 Broncos will be making their debut :confused: Should be a good race, I always prefer to see the races on natural terrain over the short course races with some boulders piled up in one section.

It will be interesting to know if the "Premium" coverage is much better than it was during KOH.

Info: https://ultra4racing.com/race/58

Schedule:

Schedule of Events

Thursday, April 1

12 PM
Driver Registration | Media Registration

1 PM Pre-Running opens

Friday, April 2

8AM Driver Registration | Media Registration

9AM Pre-Running opens

2PM Media safety briefing (at Comms trailer)

3PM Drivers Meeting (at Comms trailer)

4PM – 6PMQualifying for all classes by class

Saturday, April 3

8AM – 9:30AM Spidertrax 4600 Stock Class Race

10AM – 12PM Can-Am 4900 UTV Class Race

12:30PM - 2:30PM Yukon 4500 Modified and Branik 4800 Legends Class Race

3PM – 6:30PM Unlimited 4400 Class Race

Class specific awards immediately following each heat.

Timing and scoring by USAC | Transponder fee of $50

Is anyone with the premium coverage tuned in? I am curious if they also have the complete lack of commentary us freeloaders do :shaking:

they announced everyone getting off the starting line, but I have almost no idea what is happening now, and they keep cutting to stating shots where nothing is happening :homer:

Looks like Justin Reece is the winner of the 4600 race. Good job backing up his win at KOH:smokin:

Golf carts should be starting soon once they clear the 4600 stragglers off the course.

Seems like the normal feed is better than it was for KOH so far, don't have to log in to my "premium" account to see the race yet.

Is anyone with the premium coverage tuned in? I am curious if they also have the complete lack of commentary us freeloaders do :shaking:

they announced everyone getting off the starting line, but I have almost no idea what is happening now, and they keep cutting to stating shots where nothing is happening :homer:

The premium feed seems like it sucks compared to the free feed so far, but I've only been watching for about 10 minutes. I'd be wearing the free shirt I got for getting premium, but it must have gotten lost in the mail:flipoff2:

Hopefully they're able to figure out how to get the premium working better - if you could watch all the cameras at the same time and had commentary, it might be worth watching

The premium feed seems like it sucks compared to the free feed so far, but I've only been watching for about 10 minutes. I'd be wearing the free shirt I got for getting premium, but it must have gotten lost in the mail:flipoff2:

Hopefully they're able to figure out how to get the premium working better - if you could watch all the cameras at the same time and had commentary, it might be worth watching

Glad to hear I'm not missing anything :laughing:

Right after I typed that comment they got the audio issue sorted out so we could hear the commentary and started doing a better job of keeping views with action on screen :homer:

I stepped out to pick up some beer and missed pretty much all of the UTV race, but it looks like JR4X was a DNS in the 4931 :frown:

Yeah the feed is pretty good, although seems to be the same on the freebie stream and pay stream when I've checkd. Good coverage though, looks like an awesome course

edit: gotta say, the coverage is pretty phenomenal for an offroad race:smokin:

Last edited:
Shortcoursings and red cards? What'd i miss? :confused:

FB_IMG_1617545765976.jpg
FB_IMG_1617545774873.jpg

There was still some controversy in the 4600 race with Twitchy electing to make a pretty poor sportsmanship move and not let Snell and Atteberry go by after Snell rolled him back over. U4 gave Snell some time back, and Twitchy was legit fast, and ended up 3rd but in good sportsmanship should have given Snell and Atteberry a chance to pass after holding them up for 15 plus minutes. Pretty shitty move IMO but it’s legal.

Ultra4 Racing
13m ·
Following the conclusion of the 2021 King Shocks Area BFE Beatdown 4400 Unlimited class, a red card was filed in alignment with rule 12.1.1. Upon receiving the red card protest, ULTRA4 Racing followed the protocol of rule 9.10 item 13 and moved the matter to the Competition Review Board (CRB). (More details around the CRB are on page 50 of the current 2021 rule book, link at the bottom of this post.) All members of the CRB went out and researched the site, spoke with the parties involved, and in a 4 – 1 decision decided that a deviation of the marked course had occurred.
According to section 9.3 item 18, the penalty for this is “a DNF at the point the course was deviated”. In this case it occurred during lap 6. That penalty has been applied (5 laps were given credit for completion) and below are the official adjusted results for 4400 Unlimited class. Thank you for your patience as the process was underway and to all parties involved for their commitment to the resolution. We appreciate the professional participation of everyone involved.
Congratulations to the podium trio of Bryan Crofts 1st, Darian Gomez 2nd, and JP Gomez 3rd. Additional awards presentations will be forthcoming. Thank you to all participants and the great racing in all the classes held in Area BFE.

2021 King Shocks Area BFE 4400 race results statement | Ultra4 Racing

well shit, there's that!

Interesting story unfolding there.
Did Gomez file a red card for the bypass because they were pissed about the other incident?
Wonder where the course deviation was..

Edit: Apparently MG was parked 42' off course when BC slammed into him.

So much drama in the 4400 class (could say that for most forms of racing though)! Hated to read all the speculation for Bailey Cole, Bryan Crofts-Campbell, and the Gomez Crew. Ultimately, Ultra4 made the right call even if it was a hard call to make.

Cliff's Notes, gentlemen? :o

From Bailey Cole Racing's FaceSpace Page:
https://www.facebook.com/baileycole13/

"As many of you know, a red card was filed against me when the race concluded in Moab, UT last night. I would like to acknowledge that I left the boundary of the race course. I found a line while pre-running that I deemed acceptable and upon review, it was out of bounds. However, this line was in no way a competitive advantage. This is a huge learning moment in my racing career. While unintentional, it happened and there are clearly defined penalties for incidences such as this.

I would like to apologize to my partners, my crew, and my family. I look forward to winning my first 4400 race in the future. I would also like to apologize to Marcos Gomez and the entire Gomez Brothers Racing family. I struck Marcos’ vehicle while he was out of it and I am very thankful that everyone walked away from the incident okay. I stand by Ultra4 Racing decision of DNF at the point of course departure for this event and want to thank each and every person who had a part in this process. I look forward to seeing you all in Kentucky in a couple of short weeks. Thank you for your support and understanding."

From Bailey Cole Racing's FaceSpace Page:
https://www.facebook.com/baileycole13/

"As many of you know, a red card was filed against me when the race concluded in Moab, UT last night. I would like to acknowledge that I left the boundary of the race course. I found a line while pre-running that I deemed acceptable and upon review, it was out of bounds. However, this line was in no way a competitive advantage. This is a huge learning moment in my racing career. While unintentional, it happened and there are clearly defined penalties for incidences such as this.

I would like to apologize to my partners, my crew, and my family. I look forward to winning my first 4400 race in the future. I would also like to apologize to Marcos Gomez and the entire Gomez Brothers Racing family. I struck Marcos’ vehicle while he was out of it and I am very thankful that everyone walked away from the incident okay. I stand by Ultra4 Racing decision of DNF at the point of course departure for this event and want to thank each and every person who had a part in this process. I look forward to seeing you all in Kentucky in a couple of short weeks. Thank you for your support and understanding."

Kudos for taking ownership on short coursing and hitting a parked vehicle. Many would have taken the low road and denied or placed blame elsewhere. Being brought up with what some might think is the “silver spoon” is probably not as easy as you think.

Call me biased but I’m more proud of the integrity then what would have been his 1st win.

Top Back Refresh