What's new

U4 4900 RZR build

It’ll be
Good deal. :grinpimp:

You gonna race that with the short course guys or sticking to the 4900 class?
4900 U4 I think. It’d be cheaper entry fee to run with the short course MAO/AOE classes but this thing isn’t built to be a short course drift machine. I’m just trying to verify that it’s still got some useable life left in it to put it up for sale.

I don’t have any pictures yet. Let my brother Kevin race the SXS at visions. Surprisingly the machine didn’t take any major chassis damage from the big yard sale a year ago. We did have to repair the front section but was a relatively easy fix.

Visions is a tree race and mine is probably near the widest one in the class. Kev had a belt bomb him and they got it fixed in just a few minutes which surprised me because he’d never changed one by himself.

Back to being a wide bitch. They made new two track by cutting down trees. They cut them off as close to the ground as the could but the cars trenching the tracks down turned what started out as a couple inch tall tree stump into 6 to 8 inches of stump spear sticking up. Trying to straddle one particularly tall spear stump he managed to hit it and it pinballed him into a real tree. It broke the end off the driver front steering knuckle where the tie rod bolts on. They were able to get it off to the side and out of the way. After all the races were done that day we took a drill and bits into the forest. Drilled a new hole in the arm and drove it out to trailer. I’m going to clean it up, prep it and put it up for sale

0EC9AE87-3125-4A33-ADF1-586CDE89450A.jpeg

are you still racing this buggy or did you mothball it? give it to your brother?

are you still racing this buggy or did you mothball it? give it to your brother?
I’ve been trying to sell it but I took it out trail wheeling all weekend. Nobody wants a beat up old race car that requires race fuel. Probably won’t race it anymore.

What year is this? Don't see a lot of folks talk about 201_ series polaris turbos much on here. How are these machines for durability? A lot of them for sale in Michigan, but not sure how they stack up compared to an x3 or talon, krx or?

What year is this? Don't see a lot of folks talk about 201_ series polaris turbos much on here. How are these machines for durability? A lot of them for sale in Michigan, but not sure how they stack up compared to an x3 or talon, krx or?
It’s a 2018. For normal trail stuff I think they’re fine for the money. For racing you’d be stupid to buy anything other than a Canam.

The actual things to note. The clutching on the Canams is so much better than the clutching on the RZR’s. However, the front differentials in the Canams are such gigantic pieces of shit it’s staggering how bad that one piece is for how good the rest of the machine is. If you’re going to play with an X3 plan on having to replace the front diff which is a very expensive required upgrade.

A KRX is slow, hot, loud, and heavy. What I know about them they are dead ass reliable though. Not going to beat anything in a race but if you want something you can just take out throw better tires on and put thousands of miles on them without having to upgrade anything the KRX is your guy.

Top Back Refresh